The Dragon Ate My Complaint Thread

Comments

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Thanks Heaps Skiriki!! I'm sooo gonna be exploring that!! I got several Idea's for morphs, hopfully I can actually do them now :cheese:

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

:ahhh: Last day of my vacation - I decoded to add today since I need to rest and recover! I WAY overdid it last week, pushed myself too hard and now I'm suffering (painful legs, arms, hands, fingers, the works). Argh owwwwwwwwwww!

BUT.. my studio is about 1/2 finished! Between the RP355, the Strat, and the Ibanez six-string bass all my instrument needs are covered (except for a drum machine). I just need a multitrack recorder and I'm set. I can record straight from the RP into the laptop, but it's a pain in the caudal peduncle AND it messes up Windows audio so I need something OFF the computer. I'll bring it in to the laptop for mastering and conversion to MP3.

Other than being in pain, not much else - all my stuffed toys are here, and things are a mess but onbce arranged should be very nice. Getting the studio finished is pretty high priority, just below writing on writing days. Haven't done any visual art other than 'shopping some photos to fit 'em on the Web.

Blargh, back to smearing myself with Icy Hot... :ahhh:

Tsk, tsk, tsk. You weren't supposed to overdo to the point you had to take an extra day to recuperate from your vacation week. Glad things are falling into place (or being pushed into place).

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Add a different item to the cart, then it'll show up.

Your suggestion worked. Thank you!

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,688
    edited December 1969

I am watching sponge bob square pants on Nick tv. they just showed an ad for Baby Alive. It is a brand of baby dolls for little girls. i think I saw ads for those dolls ten years ago.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

...so... why do they call it "Baby Alive"? Seems kinda redundant to me.

I mean, the option "Baby Dead" is kinda obviously no-go...

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited December 1969

:D
    I probably should have let it render a while longer to clear up some more grain but oh well.
    (I also forgot what morph settings to use >_> Oh well.)

draggie.jpg
    699 x 992 - 473K
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Sunny and warmish under a big blue sky today. Looking forward to a long lunch with old friends in a few hours :)

edited December 1969

:ahhh: Last day of my vacation - I decoded to add today since I need to rest and recover! I WAY overdid it last week, pushed myself too hard and now I'm suffering (painful legs, arms, hands, fingers, the works). Argh owwwwwwwwwww!

BUT.. my studio is about 1/2 finished! Between the RP355, the Strat, and the Ibanez six-string bass all my instrument needs are covered (except for a drum machine). I just need a multitrack recorder and I'm set. I can record straight from the RP into the laptop, but it's a pain in the caudal peduncle AND it messes up Windows audio so I need something OFF the computer. I'll bring it in to the laptop for mastering and conversion to MP3.

Other than being in pain, not much else - all my stuffed toys are here, and things are a mess but onbce arranged should be very nice. Getting the studio finished is pretty high priority, just below writing on writing days. Haven't done any visual art other than 'shopping some photos to fit 'em on the Web.

ouchies! Feel better soon ;)

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    :D
    I probably should have let it render a while longer to clear up some more grain but oh well.
    (I also forgot what morph settings to use >_> Oh well.)

Lovely violets ;)

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Not sure why they call the toy that.

when I am ready I rather have a baby instead. I hear it takes some hard work with the future Mr. Husband and then nine months in the making and then the baby will be ready. that baby will be better than Baby alive.

I am hoping to have one of those one day I will be ready for Mr. Husband and itty bitty baby. and then i can also breed furballs to get little itty bitty kittens.

edited December 1969

here is an image I have done. First image in a month.

hitomiandjason.jpg
    784 x 800 - 365K
  • FyredrygyonFyredrygyon Posts: 763
    edited December 1969

Back from work, though I'm not feeling good at all. Partly from working in the garden but also we had a cold front roll in this weekend and my sinuses are running amok. blagh And still no rain either T_T

I almost considered asking to go home early except my Boss herself was out sick, so I had to hold down the GIS fort, so to speak.

I kinda wished there was a subdragon / Genesis conversion so I could put Reld in a ninja suit. My imagination kept running off at work with ideas of putting Reld in a ninja suit, but I don't think I could pull it off.

edited December 1969

Well I hope you feel better :(
    Mrr... Well I've put the mil dragon in clothing a few times, and made a simple shirt for the wyvern... And I put a skirt on a raptor XD
    It just takes some patience unfortunately :(
    Rendered it larger this time, and let it go for an hour to clear up moar noise than the last one.

lady_raptor.jpg
    900 x 1277 - 124K
    draggie2.jpg
    1048 x 1488 - 995K
    edited September 2012

Fiance is of the opinion that if we take a big box fan and aim it at my pc, that it'll stay cool long enough for me to render...

I'm about to put that to a test, cause he wanted me to design a super hero for him for a Play by forum game he found.

I hope this works cause now I'm freezing cause of the fan... brrrrr

Post edited by Fyredrygyon on
    edited December 1969

Fiance is of the opinion that if we take a big box fan and aim it at my pc, that it'll stay cool long enough for me to render...

I'm about to put that to a test, cause he wanted me to design a super hero for him for a Play by forum game he found.

Hm.... Well it usually works for me and my two computers D:
    I point mine directly at the computer and the areas that get hot quickly and sit back a bit so the fan doesn't make me cold XD

edited December 1969

Rezca said:

I point mine directly at the computer and the areas that get hot quickly and sit back a bit so the fan doesn't make me cold XD

Temp in the PC got to 79C and then Daz crashed completely (my PC's heat warning goes off at 80C which then causes the computer to shut down). So Fiance will probably pop the side open so the fan can blow directly into the machine when he gets back (he went to do the gardening work for his mother).

edited December 1969

That's not good :(

It must be really hot where you live D:

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:

Tsk, tsk, tsk. You weren't supposed to overdo to the point you had to take an extra day to recuperate from your vacation week. Glad things are falling into place (or being pushed into place).

Well, I was ni a rush to get as much settled as possible and got a little obsessed :red: and forgot things like drinking water and resting :red: and of course, that's not sustainable. :-S Soooooooooooooo. this coming weekend is likely going to be mostly in bed and/or writing and/or practicing on the bass or guitar. Or all of the above - but NO 4 MILES OF WALKING! Owwww!

For a mature, grown loach, I can be Real Dim(tm). But some things I need to "be and do", while I can order a ton of stuff over the Web, it's not possible with a string instrument - tried it, it was a disaster. I need to feel the neck in my hands, the strings under my fingers, and see if we're a pair. It's very much like looking for a girlfriend.. not every guitar is "right for me", some leave me cold, others just strike like lightning.. both my Strat (Shakti) and Ibanez six-strng bass (Shiva) "clicked". Getting them HOME was a problem, but.. it's done now. From this point it's all electronics and such, nothing that's as radically "touchy feely".

If I can keep from losing track of time when I'm playing I'll be OK. Oh well, eventually the body will re-adapt! :ahhh:

edited December 1969

Dead fish in a box for lunch. And potato chips. Wow sunny and warm today, Spring is right on cue - there are big white and yellow clouds of pollen flying all over :)

edited December 1969

Rezca said:

Temp in the PC got to 79C and then Daz crashed completely (my PC's heat warning goes off at 80C which then causes the computer to shut down). So Fiance will probably pop the side open so the fan can blow directly into the machine when he gets back (he went to do the gardening work for his mother).

You will need to blow air on the Graphics card directly so opening the case is the ay to go :)

edited December 1969

I am watching sponge bob square pants on Nick tv. they just showed an ad for Baby Alive. It is a brand of baby dolls for little girls. i think I saw ads for those dolls ten years ago.

I didn't see the ad, but I do know that Baby Alive was on the market more than 10 years ago, actually I think it came out in the 80s.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

If I am thinking of the right one, it does just about everything a real live baby does, eats, poops, cries, and sleeps..

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Rezca said:

You will need to blow air on the Graphics card directly so opening the case is the ay to go :)

Apparently, the reason I never had heat issues before was my old card had a fan on it. The new card doesn't, so yeah, I think tomorrow we'll pop the case open so I can finish up his super hero. I'm still feeling blagh so I'm done messing with Daz for the evening. Also, it's almost time for bed, so I think I'm going to just crawl off a little earlier than usual.

Then I need to work on mine, if I can ever decided on a character.... >_< So many choices and Ideas and not enough time to play them all.

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:

Well, I was ni a rush to get as much settled as possible and got a little obsessed :red: and forgot things like drinking water and resting :red: and of course, that's not sustainable. :-S Soooooooooooooo. this coming weekend is likely going to be mostly in bed and/or writing and/or practicing on the bass or guitar. Or all of the above - but NO 4 MILES OF WALKING! Owwww!

For a mature, grown loach, I can be Real Dim(tm). But some things I need to "be and do", while I can order a ton of stuff over the Web, it's not possible with a string instrument - tried it, it was a disaster. I need to feel the neck in my hands, the strings under my fingers, and see if we're a pair. It's very much like looking for a girlfriend.. not every guitar is "right for me", some leave me cold, others just strike like lightning.. both my Strat (Shakti) and Ibanez six-strng bass (Shiva) "clicked". Getting them HOME was a problem, but.. it's done now. From this point it's all electronics and such, nothing that's as radically "touchy feely".

If I can keep from losing track of time when I'm playing I'll be OK. Oh well, eventually the body will re-adapt! :ahhh:

I know that zen feeling. At that point time ceases to exist. I get that way when I'm making lace. My DD enjoyed her high school years because of it. She would tell me she was going out and when she returned I would still be at my lace pillow and never even knew she had been gone.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Welp, all night spent in clutches of insomnia. Hooray. (Not.)

At least I got forward with my new render project.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Well I hope you feel better :(
    Mrr... Well I've put the mil dragon in clothing a few times, and made a simple shirt for the wyvern... And I put a skirt on a raptor XD
    It just takes some patience unfortunately :(
    Rendered it larger this time, and let it go for an hour to clear up moar noise than the last one.

PURPLE DRAGON!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW LOL! Great stuff Rezca, the scene works beautifully with that render, and its very well done! :cheese:

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Welp, all night spent in clutches of insomnia. Hooray. (Not.)

At least I got forward with my new render project.

oh noes. The nights are getting warmer here, I usually let my insomnia's take me outside where the wild things play in our garden - the nocturnal dramas are amazing, I had no idea until we moved here....

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Rezca said:

Apparently, the reason I never had heat issues before was my old card had a fan on it. The new card doesn't, so yeah, I think tomorrow we'll pop the case open so I can finish up his super hero. I'm still feeling blagh so I'm done messing with Daz for the evening. Also, it's almost time for bed, so I think I'm going to just crawl off a little earlier than usual.

Then I need to work on mine, if I can ever decided on a character.... >_< So many choices and Ideas and not enough time to play them all.

You can get clip on fans at an electronics store, issues will be where to take the power for it off the motherboard and what type of connector is required and is the compy's power supply at capacity yet. :)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

iz chilly enuf to need a jacket today. Autumn. woot. i luv pumpkin yummies. my bus passes the you-pick-em pumpkin patch. i'll be pressing my face to the bus window lookin for orange.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:
    Rezca said:

You can get clip on fans at an electronics store, issues will be where to take the power for it off the motherboard and what type of connector is required and is the compy's power supply at capacity yet. :)

Yeah, I think we will work on the fan issue this weekend but I have to wait until payday for that, cause I may need a new power supply for a new fan (Fiance needs to look it over first). So for the time being, we'll pop the side open so I can work.

Also, ugh at being awake an hour earlier than usual cause Fiance needs to open up his work (Lady who usually does this is out today) UGH.... At least we're having lunch together to look forward too. But I'm going to be sluggish today.

This discussion has been closed.