Elvin Dress

vindazivindazi Posts: 667
edited September 2012 in New Users

I am trying to use the Elven Dress with Genesis. It does not seem to want to conform. Is it possible? How?

Image removed for nudity. Please see this thread for info: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3279_98/

Post edited by fixmypcmike on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited September 2012

That has got nothing to do with conforming, it is an extreme pose to say the least. Are there no morphs in the Parameters tab for adjustment for sitting Poses?

EDIT:

I have just checked, and there is a morph called Sitting Aid, and many others, have you tried them?

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

TIP: Most users just turn the legs of the Figure OFF and use the Morphs built into the clothing for this type of pose.

• vindazivindazi Posts: 667
    edited December 1969

That has got nothing to do with conforming, it is an extreme pose to say the least. Are there no morphs in the Parameters tab for adjustment for sitting Poses?

EDIT:

I have just checked, and there is a morph called Sitting Aid, and many others, have you tried them?

Didn't know they were there. Is there a way to know? Don't remember it in the read me.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    TIP: Most users just turn the legs of the Figure OFF and use the Morphs built into the clothing for this type of pose.

Thanks. I'll give that a try.

edited December 1969

I found and tried the sitting aide. I see what you mean by "extreme" morph. I wouldn't have thought sitting was and "extreme" human position, but anyway I get that it is extreme for the dress, though not for pants.

edited December 1969

I managed to change some of the clothing from green to blue. However, it seems that the "over tunic" wants to remain green. I have changed every color value I can find to 255 to see if I could turn it white, in an effort to see where the green was located. Any ideas of how I can change the color in this over tunic?

Green_and_blue.png
    407 x 595 - 96K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

You would need to remove the current texture map, I would think.

edited December 1969

How would I do that?

edited September 2012

vindazi said:
    I am trying to use the Elven Dress with Genesis. It does not seem to want to conform. Is it possible? How?

Image removed for nudity. Please see this thread for info: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3279_98/

That was one of the problems I was trying to fix! What's your suggestion for demonstrating such a problem?

Post edited by vindazi on
    edited December 1969

vindazi said:
    vindazi said:

That was one of the problems I was trying to fix! What's your suggestion for demonstrating such a problem?

Use an untextured gray figure.

edited December 1969

vindazi said:
    vindazi said:

Use an untextured gray figure.

OK Thanks.

edited December 1969

vindazi said:

How would I do that?

On the Surface tab under Diffuse, click the small picture of the texture map (on the left of the color bar, I think). That's the texture map being applied. Change that to None if you just want to use a solid color, or apply a shader and let it remove the maps.

edited December 1969

vindazi said:

How would I do that?

On the Surface tab under Diffuse, click the small picture of the texture map (on the left of the color bar, I think). That's the texture map being applied. Change that to None if you just want to use a solid color, or apply a shader and let it remove the maps.

How do I apply the shader?

edited December 1969

vindazi said:
    vindazi said:

How would I do that?

How do I apply the shader?

Select the surfaces you wish to apply the shader to (in DS3 you also need to select the item in the Scene tab) and double-click the shader preset.

• NW316NW316 Posts: 79
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

How can I turn my figure's legs "off?"

Thanks!

• NW316NW316 Posts: 79
    edited December 1969

Additionally, will this work if using with animate2?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The legs will still be there, just invisible in the Scene and the render.

Select the part you want to make invisible in the Scene pane, and click on the little 'Eye' icon at the left edge of the name to turn of visibility for any part.