The Dragon Ate My Complaint Thread

Comments

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Cueing renders would be useful to have! Specially when you want renders of multiple camera angles.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited December 1969

D|S doesn't have a renderque feature? D:

edited December 1969

I dont believe so... Though It does suprise me sometimes with features I overlooked

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

I could, of course, I s'pose, use RIB. But... Reality makes things PURTY!!!

edited September 2012

"I could, of course, I s’pose, use RIB. But… Reality makes things PURTY!!!"

Cinema 4D and Carrara both have a renderque feature, and Cinema *from what I know* can que render using external engines (Which would include Octane and stuff).

I guess a renderque is next on DAZ's list?
    *edit*
    I guess what I'm asking that there *IS* a renderque of sorts in D|S, but it doesn't support other render engines beyond D|S's own? Well from what I know "Reality" is an exporter so I guess that's why.
    Indigo just got "upgraded" from an exporter to an engine that can run within CInema, so is possible it wouldn't work properly prior to that in renderques D:

Post edited by Rezca on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

I suspect that a render queue, like network rendering, was one of the things taken out of the DS version of 3Delight as a trade-off for making it free and giving it access to unlimited cores on the host machine.

edited December 1969

Well here's my complaint. I think I did something wrong prior to or during moving the Maxwell scene over to my desktop for further rendering, because it's refusing to render it - always complaining about a missing bitmap. I can add that bitmap in, but I'd have to render from the beginning again (It's rendered for over 9 hours...).
    So. I can either continue rendering on my slightly slower laptop, or start over on my desktop. Here's the problems in both choices:
    My laptop is currently the only one with sound or internet, so while I can play most of my offline games on my desktop while it's doing this, I can't play Age of Empires/Mythology or Heroes3 with my friend on it.
    My desktop experiences fairly random lockups, and while Maxwell does support render resuming, I do not think it is like Vue where it salvages a crashed render. Actually... Since it does update/overwrite the MXI file regularly during rendering, I could continue from that if it crashes.
    Brings me to my next problem. Currently the render's "Shading Level" is at 15. The next SL update is in eleven hours, as estimated by my laptop. While it's *mostly* cleared up now, there are several trouble spots as pointed out in that image before. It won't clear up totally until around SL 20 I imagine.
    Hm... I'm thinking I'm just going to have to restart it *cries*

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,686
    edited December 1969

I need to find something to do until noon. I think I just got DS to work. Maybe I can set up a character, but which one. I could also type up what I have written so far for my story. or write more.

edited December 1969

Miss Bad Wolf the writer?

edited December 1969

Made the difficult choice of starting the render over from scratch...

edited December 1969

Why, I thought you was getting happy with it :(

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Miss Bad Wolf the writer?

I want to be a writer. Not sure if I am good at it but I like to write.

I cannot think what to say right now.

edited December 1969

I enjoy creative writing too, It was the art that I do for the project that got me into Daz and 3d creation. I like to create pre-visualisations of characters and scenes, then use the 3d renders as a reference for my digital paintings :)

What type of writing do you do? I've done a lot of film script writing, though now I've really flourished in Novels and of course Graphic Novels... Though I wouldn't say comics. The Genre I am working on is Thriller/Action with traces of comedy and a of course the essential romance. lol

edited December 1969

I believe it is called urban fantasy, unless they changed the name on me and I did not get the memo.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

my peanut doll is out for delivery. i opened all the windows so i can listen for the ups truck. :lol:

edited December 1969

I wonder where the air vents in the room are. Somehow this room stays cool and I am not sure how.

edited December 1969

I believe it is called urban fantasy, unless they changed the name on me and I did not get the memo.

I love supernatural themes! That would be fun to do! Is it novel length or series of/a short/s?

Mine has the element of Sci-fi which I neglected to mention... Not too deep into aliens that it's painful... I just love the idea of other habitable planets and space travel... It also goes deep into Genetic bioengineering. Totally my style lol.

edited December 1969

@Spyro: I just restarted it on my desktop. I didn't change anything other than deleting the cornea on the raptor (Hardly any reflections, and was eating up render time)
    It's reached a SL of 6 in only 40 minutes, where it took a little over an hour on my laptop.

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    @Spyro: I just restarted it on my desktop. I didn't change anything other than deleting the cornea on the raptor (Hardly any reflections, and was eating up render time)
    It's reached a SL of 6 in only 40 minutes, where it took a little over an hour on my laptop.

That's good news... It's not to fun to have to rebuild a scene that was already lookin fantastic!

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

:ahhh: Last day of my vacation - I decoded to add today since I need to rest and recover! I WAY overdid it last week, pushed myself too hard and now I'm suffering (painful legs, arms, hands, fingers, the works). Argh owwwwwwwwwww!

BUT.. my studio is about 1/2 finished! Between the RP355, the Strat, and the Ibanez six-string bass all my instrument needs are covered (except for a drum machine). I just need a multitrack recorder and I'm set. I can record straight from the RP into the laptop, but it's a pain in the caudal peduncle AND it messes up Windows audio so I need something OFF the computer. I'll bring it in to the laptop for mastering and conversion to MP3.

Other than being in pain, not much else - all my stuffed toys are here, and things are a mess but onbce arranged should be very nice. Getting the studio finished is pretty high priority, just below writing on writing days. Haven't done any visual art other than 'shopping some photos to fit 'em on the Web.

Blargh, back to smearing myself with Icy Hot... :ahhh:

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

Woolyloach, get well soon!

I tried to buy something from the Daz online store, but the shopping cart isn't working correctly. When I add a product, the store says something like: "cannot add/purchase more than one product/quantity." I forgot the exact error message. When I check my shopping cart, I see that it is empty. I'll try again later after I clear the browser's cookies and cache.

edited December 1969

Add a different item to the cart, then it'll show up.

Complaint: my bank, again. *sigh* Well, good thing that I live on a different time zone, so by the time 8 am clocks over here, I can still pick up items from the sale...

edited December 1969

Skiriki, is there a decent backdrop prop freebie somewhere. I can make textures for it, just wanted to do some photography style renders :) I not happy with the only 2 on daz.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Skiriki, is there a decent backdrop prop freebie somewhere. I can make textures for it, just wanted to do some photography style renders :) I not happy with the only 2 on daz.

Oh, backdrops are not a problem. I have a perfect background environment suited for my needs, no worries there and I'm sure that if I go digging, I have suitable freebies as well. Just... y'know? Feeling lazy. :) (And Castle Grounds PC item is on my wishlist anyway, and by the time my customer gets in touch with me, his payment has hit my PayPal or my credit card figures that I actually paid stuff last weekend. One or the another, one or the another...) Oh! I could re-use Cliffhanger in a creative fashion, yes, yes! Excellent! That solved the problem!

edited December 1969

So... You don't know of any plain backdrop prop freebies off the top of your head? I about to try share CG, though I havent came accross one there before.

Also, I can't wait to see this upcomming render of yours :cheese: It's gonna be a ripper!

edited December 1969

There was only one to choose from on share cg. It looks like it's workable... Have yet to try it.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/16240/browse/11/Poser/photoshoot-backdrop

edited December 1969

Yeah, not really -- I use MilEnv from DAZ now and then, and this new worldbase item seems spiffy and I plan to use it too. I occasionally make my own backdrops and whatnot out of primitives whenever possible.

edited December 1969

Can you explain to me the basics of how to create a morph (slider) for genesis? I really want to get into that too :)

edited December 1969

I assume Hexagon is the best freebie for doing this kind of work

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    I assume Hexagon is the best freebie for doing this kind of work

For quick and dirty work:

Send Genesis to Hexagon. Keep Genesis in DAZ Studio 4.5, which is running at the background while you diddle with Genesis in Hexagon.

Do what you planned to do to Genesis in Hexagon. Send it back to DAZ Studio, where you had that raw, unmorphed Genesis waiting. Make sure that both the figure you're sending is at base resolution (no smoothing, no high res) and ditto for your Genesis.

DAZ Studio asks you "Create Morph?" when you switch there. Name the morph, place it under right category (like, if it is head morph, look for head morphs and tuck it under, say, sci-fi/fantasy).

Yank the knob to your new morph the max, go to Joint Editor if you drastically changed the shape. Adjust rigging (right-click) to shape, memorize figure shape and rigging (in figure menu).

Yank the knob down to 0.

Go to file menu, save a morph, pick the morph you just created, save and Bob's your uncle.

This should work out OK for "for my personal library" solutions. I'm pretty sure that for "share with others" there needs to be more steps...

This discussion has been closed.