Wishlist has shrunk...what happened?

Comments

• acanthisacanthis Posts: 604
    edited September 2012

These continuing website problems are incredibly tedious.

I first noticed the "mysterious Vanishing Wish List" a couple of days ago, but I have become so jaded by the stupendous incompetence of the web developers here that I just assumed it was the latest in a very long list of failed site updates and moved on. There were things in my W/L that might have been in the PA sale, so maybe I have missed the opportunity and the merchant has lost a sale.

I don't even have the energy any more to try and find out - but I do wonder if the artists that sell here have any feelings about the way that DAZ has managed the longest running web site migration in recorded human history.

Do they mind losing sales in this way? I just wonder.

Post edited by acanthis on
  • LmWolfSpiritLmWolfSpirit Posts: 239
    edited December 1969

Interesting . . . I just re-added one of the items that had been removed from my wishlist back in. While it tells me the item has been added, it does not show up in the new wishlist. Yet the count of items I have in my wishlist went up (even though that same item is in there twice now).

• Consumer573Consumer573 Posts: 282
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    My wishlist supposedly has 257 items on it, as per the UI and my own tools. I've been diligently reducing that number as the PA sale progresses, but...uhhh...my wishlist page now only shows 116 items.

How do I know those numbers so well? I wrote 3dwishlist.com to track my wishlist, show me items I've already bought from that wishlist, and email me when items go down in price. (Since the store doesn't do any of that right now, writing it myself seemed the best option. It also handles purchase history, and recognizing items bought via bundles.)

There's a second person using 3dwishlist.com. Their wishlist got cut in half between 10:55am and 6:55pm. So, unless they deleted a significant amount of their wishlist, something happened between 10:55am and 4:27pm that broke the wishlist.

Today, Lantios Lights 2 and GIS Orion Lights vanished from my wishlist, along with well over a hundred other items.

Thankfully I have a backup of my wishlist, because 3dwishlist.com keeps all old copies of what it retrieves (just in case I screw up) so I can restore it for my own use but I've seen scattered reports of the same thing happening to others. Also thankfully the deletion happened AFTER I'd added Lantios Lights 2 and GIS Orion Lights to my cart. (At first I thought that maybe they were removing items from the wishlist that were in my cart, but no...there's LOTS more missing.)

Hopefully, given that the number at the top of my screen on the store still shows 257, everything's still in the database, and it's just a display issue.

I know this is a temporary hiccup, and I have faith that the DAZ folks will fix this, but it needs to be brought to their attention. Is anyone else having this problem, and can you quantify it?

-- Morgan

Yes, me as well.

I went to check some things on my wishlist. The number still says 83, but I only count 30. The ones that were taken off seem random. Not the newest, not the oldest.

edited September 2012

holy crapp,
    there's only 1 thing in my w/l.
    the Sensual hair and Berry Dragons are gone.
    how am i supposed to know when they hit the pa sale?
    does this mean the pa sale is glitched, too?

That's how I was using the wishlist as well. But since they don't put the artists, though make other less relevant details available,I've had to use their comment window to add that detail so I could see the pattern. With much of the wishlist AWOL it's not very useful as a tool right now. I'm sorta glad I'm not the only one. Maybe they'll get on it next week sometime.

Post edited by Consumer573 on
  • SheriziyaSheriziya Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

I have the same problem as well. Only about 30 items out of 72 items are showing :(

• bad4ubad4u Posts: 684
    edited April 2014

Post edited by bad4u on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

bad4u said:
    You can use the RSS Feed link on top of your wishlist to see a full list of your items, too. Then use Ctrl+F in your browser and search for "Special" or "Special Price" to quickly jump from one sale item to another (well, still including $1.99 PC items). This way you shouldn't miss one sale item from PA sales that you have on your wishlist.

This works for Firefox, but I guess it's the same with IE.

Finally still having access to full lists in some way means these have not been corrupted and should be available again sooner or later -.-

oh, there it is under rss :) Thanks!

edited April 2014

Post edited by bad4u on
  • ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

So I put everything in my wishlist into my shopping cart, but my wishlist showed I still had 1 item in it although there was nothing there.

I put 29 items back into my wishlist, but only 20 showed up even though it listed 29 items.

I dumped the rest of the items back into my wishlist, 149 items, only 79 showed up in the list, but it listed 149 items.

My guess it showing I still had 1 item in the list when it was empty may be a key to the problem. Just guessing of course, I don't know a damn thing about software, hardware, underwear or programming. Hell I forget how to turn on my PC every once in a while.

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

21 items in my wishlist, only 10 visible, and its the weekend, so obviously not going to be fixed, is it another thing that's 'inconvenient' for the web team to fix, really really getting peed off, don't even want to come here anymore

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    edited December 1969

Penname said:
    I did find that if I used the "share" button and sent the list to myself, all the items showed up in the email. Not a perfect solution but at least a reminder. My w/l is small though. I don't know about adding items since lately all the great items have been going straight to cart! - lol. (I am going to go into shock with my cc bill arrives).

I've been really tolerant of the various glitches through the changeover but must say the w/l thing is a little annoying, especially during a PA sale.

No need to worry then I believe, the database seems to be OK which is the important thing. Now DAZ only have to fix the web interface so it works correctly.

I wouldn't rely on that things are working correctly though if you try to manipulate the content of the list at the current stage. I'd leave it as it is until it's fixed.

• korstemplarkorstemplar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This is a new one! I just went to move a couple of my WishList items to my cart and discovered to my shock and surprise that the majority of items ( I have over 400 on my list) on my list are gone. I tried to find somewhere to complain to but have no idea where to turn. Can someone advise me, please? Thanks.

NAMASTE;-)
    Michael

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Merging this post with the existing thread on the subject.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

This is a new one! I just went to move a couple of my WishList items to my cart and discovered to my shock and surprise that the majority of items ( I have over 400 on my list) on my list are gone. I tried to find somewhere to complain to but have no idea where to turn. Can someone advise me, please? Thanks.

NAMASTE;-)
    Michael

My bug report is here: https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=47844

-- Morgan

• LmWolfSpiritLmWolfSpirit Posts: 239
    edited September 2012

Well, it is finally fixed . . .at least for my wishlist. But not before I missed quite a few sales. *Sigh* Hopefully, the catch-up sale will be at 50% also rather than a lower percentage as I have seen in the past.

Edit: Oops! Spoke too soon. It is broken again.

Post edited by LmWolfSpirit on
  • anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Hmm everytime I add items to my wishlist it is hit or miss as to whether they will show up or not.

edited April 2014

Post edited by bad4u on
  • booksbydavidbooksbydavid Posts: 429
    edited December 1969

This just happened to me. Everything was there yesterday, today 2/3s of my wishlist is gone!

Will this madness never end?

Thanks to folks for the very useful information about the rss feed and share wishlist features. At least I can see what's in my wishlist somewhere, since DAZ doesn't want me to here.

• cimairacimaira Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Same here, the bar at the top shows 94 items in my wishlist, the actual wishlist shows 29. I just noticed this, because I tried to add an item and although it said it was added, it didn't show up. But the count for my wishlist didn't go up either. What the heck, I shouldn't have to mail or use RSS feed to see my wishlist! While I do appreciate the tips on how to see my wishlist, it's not really the way it's suppose to work is it?

Guess I missed some purchases too, because, I'd check my wishlist each day to see if I had an item from that day's PA sale. Oh well...

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

Same issue. Wishlist count shows 36 items. Only 18 on the page. Added one just to test, and the page is the same 18 items, and a total of 37 at the top of the page. I suppose the other trick that might work is to Add All To Cart just to see them all, then put them back. Wotta pain.

• earth2dearth2d Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    I just spotted that Predatron's store is on sale...so I went to my wishlist and clicked on the show specials link (from that script for GreaseMonkey) and nothing was in there. I know I had some Predatron stuff in my wishlist! So I clicked again to show everything...still nothing. All my Predatron wishlist items are suddenly gone! They were there last week. :down:

Oh, well...kind of broke anyway.

Dana

Hey DanaTA

My wishlist went missing and this is what is going on with it now!!

I have 4 items in my wishlist and they are invisible! They are hidden in the Rss Feeds as updated content. I have to add something to my wishlist so I can add all to the cart to see what those items are and they are as follows:

Aussie Girl Outfit: Qty is 10
    Rapscallion: Qty is 05
    Dragonfly NRH Qty is 04
    OH6A Helicopter Qty is 03

I have Added them to the cart and removing them from the cart does not work, there is no where to delete them from the Rss feed which I am not scribe to either.

Unlucky 13 is correct :cheese:

Dee

Guest what you brought me good luck!! After messing with it all morning, just click on my wish list and all four showed up and I updated to corrected Qty.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Hi Dee!

I will wait until tomorrow to see if my suspicion is correct. Probably not...but I wonder if they've disappeared because they're on sale. But other things are on sale and show up, so I guess that can't be it.

So far...no sale for me. Just too broke anyway.

Dana

edited September 2012

earth2d said:
    DanaTA said:
    I just spotted that Predatron's store is on sale...so I went to my wishlist and clicked on the show specials link (from that script for GreaseMonkey) and nothing was in there. I know I had some Predatron stuff in my wishlist! So I clicked again to show everything...still nothing. All my Predatron wishlist items are suddenly gone! They were there last week. :down:

Oh, well...kind of broke anyway.

Dana

Hey DanaTA

My wishlist went missing and this is what is going on with it now!!

I have 4 items in my wishlist and they are invisible! They are hidden in the Rss Feeds as updated content. I have to add something to my wishlist so I can add all to the cart to see what those items are and they are as follows:

Aussie Girl Outfit: Qty is 10
    Rapscallion: Qty is 05
    Dragonfly NRH Qty is 04
    OH6A Helicopter Qty is 03

I have Added them to the cart and removing them from the cart does not work, there is no where to delete them from the Rss feed which I am not scribe to either.

Unlucky 13 is correct :cheese:

Dee

Guest what you brought me good luck!! After messing with it all morning, just click on my wish list and all four showed up and I updated to corrected Qty.

My wishlist is mostly gone, too. I wonder if they're doing anything to fix it or if I should (we should all) write support tickets.

Post edited by Consumer573 on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,006
    edited December 1969

Mine is currently correct now. Your results may vary.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Posts split from PA sale thread and merged with this one.

• edited December 1969

My wishlist says 238 items and I just added something to it and it is not showing up and there are items that I know that aren't showing up on there.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited September 2012

My wishlist: 136 items.

Displayed on the Wishlist page: 46 items.

Not displayed: Almost all of the PA items that are on sale, and all of the DAZ Originals that I could be using my PC coupon on (assuming that's working).

So, no, I'm not buying much here this month. Meanwhile, my Renderosity wishlist is shrinking as I buy things from it. (At this rate, it'll be cleared before Christmas, and I'll have to go address my RuntimeDNA wishlist.) Please fix the store before you lose me as a customer.

Post edited by robkelk on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,006
    edited December 1969

Yep mine's reborked. Admittedly my w/l is small (18), but it was accurate for a little while today. Oh well.

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

Mine appears to be working, ATM.

• s l fs l f Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

Mine still isn't working. :-S Thanks bad4u for the info about using the RSS feed - using that info I was able to see my wishlist without having to email it to myself. However, that's now added another level of complication to my shopping experience at Daz. Since there's no indication as to whether or not I've bought a product when I put it into my cart and I have no way of removing these hidden items from my wishlist easily if I do decide to purchase them, I now have to keep a written account of which Wishlist items I have bought in the fading hope that one day I'll be able to remove them from my Wishlist.

So many hoops to jump through.