Dynamic Supersuit Set 2 Cosmic Gods- How does this work?

Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
edited December 1969 in New Users

I bought the: Dynamic Supersuit Set 2 Cosmic Gods cape, and it looks great, but I can't figure out how it is supposed to load.

I installed the item, loaded m5, pulled up the smart content, went to the wardrobe tab, and then clicked on the defailt>wardrobe>outerwear>tops. It loads some sort of rig which is invisible.

I'm not sure how to get the cape to show up. I tried clicking on all the textures and options, but nothing becomes visible.

The tutorial video only shows how to move it around, but not how to load it from scratch.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,818
    edited December 1969

Have you installed the Dynamic Clothing Control plugin? I believe the isntaller is included with the DS4.5 Pro, but ti won't work without a serial number and it disables the basic version of the plugin - net result, not clothing. If that is what's happened, you need to unistall the Dynamic Clothing Control Plugin and, probably, then reinstall DS4.5

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

If you have the paid Dynamic Clothing Control plugin from a previous build of DAZ Studio 4 installed uninstall it. Reset your Dynamic Clothing Control Plugin and download the newest version and install it. The more advanced dynamic clothing control isn't part of DS4.5 and the separate install. Make sure you have the most current version of DS 4.5 too.

• SimonWMSimonWM Posts: 924
    edited December 1969

I bought the: Dynamic Supersuit Set 2 Cosmic Gods cape, and it looks great, but I can't figure out how it is supposed to load.

I installed the item, loaded m5, pulled up the smart content, went to the wardrobe tab, and then clicked on the defailt>wardrobe>outerwear>tops. It loads some sort of rig which is invisible.

I'm not sure how to get the cape to show up. I tried clicking on all the textures and options, but nothing becomes visible.

The tutorial video only shows how to move it around, but not how to load it from scratch.

You should be able to find the capes on the "Smart Content" tab but alternatively you can use the "Content Library". You can follow this video, just instead of opening the folder named 1_Worlds Finest like the video shows you open 2_Cosmic Gods. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCeg40G-g5A&list=PL5735233A2153DF95&index=3&feature=plcp

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123
    edited December 1969

Is there a dynamic plugin (basic) supposed to be part of DS4.5 pro?

edited December 1969

Ostadan said:
    Is there a dynamic plugin (basic) supposed to be part of DS4.5 pro?

Yes, there is. You don't need the paid plugin to use dynamic clothes in Studio since its already part of the base package. The paid plugin is more of a Pro version that lets you use some extras like control cloth properties (damping, friction, bend resistance etc.), wind direction and gravity as well as create your own fabric and garment presets.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,818
    edited December 1969

Yes, but it will be disabled if the paid for plugin is present or later installed, even if that is not working (for lack of serial number or wrong version).

edited December 1969

Yes, but it will be disabled if the paid for plugin is present or later installed, even if that is not working (for lack of serial number or wrong version).

Yes, I remember seeing in the forum a recent post explaining how to fix this installation glitch if that happens but cannot find it now. I think the paid plugin will rename the free one so you have to delete the paid and fix the name of the free one to make it active again.