Genesis not found after Updated to Studio 4.5 + Genesis Starter Essentials 1.3

MaxHancockMaxHancock Posts: 226
edited September 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

Problem:

After install of both 4.5 and Essentials, Genesis is functional, however smart content specific to Genesis is not found. (see attached image)

Procedure:

• Installed Studio 4.5 64bit, Mac (no problems).
• Installed Genesis Starter Essentials 1.3 (no problems during instillation). (see attached image for content path)
• Opened Daz, and allowed meta data to set.
• Genesis is visible on stage and in content library (no apparent problems using it)
• Went to Smart Content tab, People, to locate Genesis and poses but see a Missing content icon (!) instead (see attached image).
• Genesis actor is found under base essentials (seems to be very unorganized but it does exist here!).

Note:
I double checked my Startup Preferences path, it is correct:
/users/max/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/People/Genesis/Genesis.duf

Any help would be great!

Post edited by MaxHancock on

Comments

• MKeyesMKeyes Posts: 466
    edited December 1969

My CMS doesn't even keep the content populated... at all. I have to go thru with Task Manager to start it, and then start, all programs and start... then it comes up... temporarily... sooo, I don't even use it anymore.

I'm having to wean myself off of it... not worth the stress or bother. I have just reversed back to finding the content as I did before 4 come out. There... you can find Genesis just fine...

• wdcathwdcath Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I lost mine also .. went a head and re-downloaded it last night (the genesis file) and it re-installed just fine ..I now have it Back!

• MaxHancockMaxHancock Posts: 226
    edited December 1969

I tried that just now, reinstalling. First uninstalling, and another time without uninstalling first. The problem still persist. I'll call support tomorrow and see what they say.

Are you on a Mac, 64bit?

Thanks,
    Max

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Where are you installing the Genesis Starter Essentials (exact path), and what does DS show under "Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager" with the DS formats and Poser formats expanded?

edited December 1969

um... you are an admin?

My content manager paths seem to be correct...(see attached image).

I installed only to the default path, as seen in the image of my previous post.

Thanks,
    m.

contentmanagerpath.png
    723 x 582 - 104K
    edited December 1969

Update: Spoke with support and was asked to Reset the Database. After reseting, Genesis was completely missing except within the Content Library. However, no more missing content icon appears in the Smart Content library, because there was no Genesis icon at all. However, Genesis was still visible on the stage/viewport.

I was then asked to reinstall Genesis Essentials. Same missing icon, but no duplicate Genesis this time. That I could work with, but there were other problems noticed. Like, the majority of head morphs are missing, making it impossible for me to do my work.

I reverted back to 4.0. Everything works fine there. Head morphs are all intact.

I think 4.5 is too new to use. Many bugs need to be fixed before it's actually useful again, that's my opinion.

m.

edited December 1969

Update: Spoke with support and was asked to Reset the Database. After reseting, Genesis was completely missing except within the Content Library. However, no more missing content icon appears in the Smart Content library, because there was no Genesis icon at all. However, Genesis was still visible on the stage/viewport.

I was then asked to reinstall Genesis Essentials. Same missing icon, but no duplicate Genesis this time. That I could work with, but there were other problems noticed. Like, the majority of head morphs are missing, making it impossible for me to do my work.

I reverted back to 4.0. Everything works fine there. Head morphs are all intact.

I think 4.5 is too new to use. Many bugs need to be fixed before it's actually useful again, that's my opinion.

m.

I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I ... think you're right. I hate to say it, but it's so. 4.0 worked alot better and more consistently. BUT - I've gone back to it twice already, I'm going to go ahead and ride things out with 4.5 because it does WORK for what I need. It's just that the CMS is very buggy.

edited December 1969

Yeah...

I'm going to speak with support today to see if I can resolve the missing shape morphs. 4.5 64 bit version is much faster, and I do like the new labeling system. The rendering is much better, too. So, if I can only bring back the shape morphs I'll switch to 4.5.

edited September 2012

Yeah...

I'm going to speak with support today to see if I can resolve the missing shape morphs. 4.5 64 bit version is much faster, and I do like the new labeling system. The rendering is much better, too. So, if I can only bring back the shape morphs I'll switch to 4.5.

I know what you mean about the head and face morphs... has to be done under parameters. I had the same problem, and I had to select Genesis in the scene tab, and then go to parameters NOT shaping. In parameters, I found ALL the morphs I needed to shape my characters head and face into a variety of looks.

Post edited by MKeyes on