The Dragon Ate My Complaint Thread

Comments

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,166
    edited September 2012

Rezca said:
    Heehee I've seen several splash imaged for when FA was down, but this is the best yet.
    It's like they're saying: "Yes, we're frustrated too. (After all WE are the ones who have to fix the mess.)"

Yep! That's how I used to feel when I was the administrator for a large corporate system. I had the system working so nicely then just when I'm getting comfortable something up and breaks. :-( It's a sinking feeling when the computer says "ask the administrator" and you ARE the administrator. I wanted to just get the system working nicely then turn it off. It always worked as it was designed to while off. Could stay that way indefiniately. But I had all those (*shudder*) users to deal with. For some unknown reason they wanted it on.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited September 2012

the storm really cleared the air, woww, crisp day. nice to sit outside for a spell :)

Enable smileys in this post checkcheckcheckcheckcheckcheck

Post edited by Mistara on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Was an amazing tornado pic ;)

outlaw drop

hot.jpg
    1900 x 1900 - 487K
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Very nice! Reminds me of ghost rider. Love the flames!

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited September 2012

Spyro said:
    Very nice! Reminds me of ghost rider. Love the flames!

It doesn't look like they're emitting any light though D:
    Maybe they're not real flames... Let me check. *Pokes the flames and burns his finger*
    Nope. They're real flames. They're just not emitting light or casting shadows. Ouch my finger ;__;
    So what you rendering tha with? D|S or Lightwave? Can D|S use image planes to emit light? D:
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

True but if a yellow and orange lights were added it would really enhance the art work :)

edited December 1969

I use Daz and 3ds max. Max definitely can! But I can't say I've tried on Daz. As I use max for prop and set construction and Daz for people

edited September 2012

I dunno if either D|S or Carrara can use a LDR image to emit light, but it would help a bundle if it did!

I remember a simple cruddy scene where an image from the Dragon Flame set lit my scene for me. It was sorta purdy actually.

Murr.... Oh yeah and reminds me of this - Just a flat disc with a 32bit image applied to it :3
    *edit* Oh yeah and an IES Spotlight ^_^; But the image on the disc is providing some of the light too. The light cone is from the IES though.
    http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=38932

jgZWI5wOiQq1R.jpg.png
    900 x 672 - 553K
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

Those are some good textures in there!

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Non-complaint: a new rendering gig.

edited December 1969

tell me more....

edited December 1969

Hello by the way skiriki :)

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Hello by the way skiriki :)

Allo. Well, it is a yet another character render gig. :) Nothing fancy to tell so far. :) Design starts tomorrow morning.

edited December 1969

Another commission?

edited December 1969

LOL is my work partner the star character again? haha!

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Another commission?

Yup. A chance to use that fancy platemail I just bought, too. :) :lol:

Welp, off to sleep some.

edited December 1969

I'm very happy for you, and excited! :cheese: Talk tomoz :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689
    edited December 1969

I got a job interview Tuesday at the nearest Wendy's. I applied on line last night and went in person this morning to see if I could meet with the hiring manager. Hopefully I can get the job.

edited September 2012

Running Windows in SafeMode to see if I can squeeze in some extra resources for Maxwell. It's reached a SL of 13 now, but is very grainy still.
    ... I hate how zoomed in and cramped everything is while it's like this though D:
    *edit* Hmph. No audio though, and I can't seem to change that >_>
    So watching Duck Dodgers on YouTube to pass the time is out of the question :(

Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

tee hee, acmed is recording ringtones, then they show jeff sitting on a pew and he goes frantic to shut off his cell phone, when acmed's voice is saying 'who do i have to f-bleep to get a vitamin water'

edited December 1969

Does anyone know of a place to get free screensavers for Win 7? I mean free as in free coffee. I am not looking for shareware, but something free that I can use as long as I darn please. I want free as in free pizza. Something I do not have to pay for ever.

thank you

edited December 1969

Does anyone know of a place to get free screensavers for Win 7? I mean free as in free coffee. I am not looking for shareware, but something free that I can use as long as I darn please. I want free as in free pizza. Something I do not have to pay for ever.

thank you

you could make one. like a slide show of your favorite pictures and renders

• jmperjmper Posts: 257
    edited December 1969

thank you

If you like Star Trek:
    http://www.mewho.com/system47/

Others:
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/5-awesome-high-tech-screensavers-windows/

edited December 1969

it's BubbaJ's turn to make ringtones, "bewbs and beer"

edited September 2012

I want a ringtone of Jeff's laughing from their youtube series "Fails of the Weak" :3
    (Different Jeff, by the way~)

Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

I got a job interview Tuesday at the nearest Wendy's. I applied on line last night and went in person this morning to see if I could meet with the hiring manager. Hopefully I can get the job.

is that the job you really want?

edited December 1969

not sure but it is a job and that is what I need right away. I need a job.

edited December 1969

thank you

how do I do that? method must be free!

I can look for images online maybe wallpapers to make the screensaver. good idea.

edited December 1969

thank you

how do I do that? method must be free!

I can look for images online maybe wallpapers to make the screensaver. good idea.

win7 comes with one. if you go to screensaver settings you should see an option called 'photos'. click Settings, then browse to a folder with the pictures you want in your slide show.

edited December 1969

not sure but it is a job and that is what I need right away. I need a job.

yeah, i know, but it would be nice if you could grab something that would include some happiness, too. you deserve some happy after what you've been through.

This discussion has been closed.