Kids 4 INJ to Genesis?

KimberSueKimberSue Posts: 353
edited September 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi, is there any way to make Kids 4 injection such as Lilly for K4 http://www.daz3d.com/shop/lilly-for-k4 or Tiffany for K4Chibi http://www.daz3d.com/shop/tiffany-for-k4chibi load on the genesis figure.

Thanks
Kimberly

Added: While research this I found TC2 Kids 4 Plugin http://www.daz3d.com/shop/tc2-kids-4-plugin and if this could be used to convert to genesis.

Also, it looks like 'GenX AddOn' and wondered if they is a kids 4 coming down the pipeline any time.

Post edited by KimberSue on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I don't know if GenX has a clone for Kids 4 or not, if it has, that would be the only way of doing it I think. GenX is still being upgraded for DS 4.5.

• KimberSueKimberSue Posts: 353
    edited December 1969

I have daz updated. Nothing happens when I try to inject to kids 4 to genesis. How would I go about finding out if there is a clone feature?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I just looked in the store, and I don't see any expansion pack for K4 for GenX. To apply V4 characters to Genesis, you need the V4 shape for Genesis and the GenX plugin as well. There may be a way to do it with the Transfer tool, but i have no idea how.

edited December 1969

I just looked in the store, and I don't see any expansion pack for K4 for GenX. To apply V4 characters to Genesis, you need the V4 shape for Genesis and the GenX plugin as well. There may be a way to do it with the Transfer tool, but i have no idea how.

Thanks for your help. I have been searching the store too and yet to find anything.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,091
    edited December 1969

KimberSue said:

Thanks for your help. I have been searching the store too and yet to find anything.

GenX comes with a K4 clone, so will work for K4 - only problem I found was with the eyes, where scaling makes the eyeballs look strange, but if you dial that down the results are reasonable. (I'm still on 4.0.3.47, so I can use the current version of GenX)

edited December 1969

MelanieL said:
    KimberSue said:

GenX comes with a K4 clone, so will work for K4 - only problem I found was with the eyes, where scaling makes the eyeballs look strange, but if you dial that down the results are reasonable. (I'm still on 4.0.3.47, so I can use the current version of GenX)

Wonderful! That is good to know. I have to read up on clone feature but it sounds pretty self explanatory.

Thanks

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

MelanieL said:

This is going to sound weird, but I know I GenX'ed a K4 character, but I can't figure out how to apply it to my Genesis characters anymore. I remember that with V4-based characters, I have to dial the V4 shape in Genesis, and then apply the morph on top of that. But I can't dial a K4 shape, because K4 for Genesis never existed.

Can you remind me how to get the Gensis'ized K4 morph applied to a model?

-- Morgan

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

ISTR the "DSF Toolbox" had the ability to let you use the autofit clone in order to GenX K4 morphs.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300
    edited December 1969

I think that when GenX then known as Gen 4 first came out (availble at rendo) it had the ability to convert K4 morphs but the Gen X upgrade lost that ability.