Annual PA SALE 2012 Image and discussion thread-- DAY31-- Catch up extended and more

Comments

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Cute render.

And day eleven. Oh dear, all that hair. Must resist.

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,578
    edited December 1969

Seasons by Thorne, I see you looking at me.
    Stop it!
    Please
    just stop.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,206
    edited December 1969

I suppose 3 3Dream hairs is at least alliterative. Not to mention embarrassingly cheap, but I can live with that.

• Saba TaruSaba Taru Posts: 170
    edited December 1969

I'm a couple days late with this one, but I love this AprilYSH hair! :)

Yolande_Portrait_small_v1.jpg
    800 x 800 - 379K
  • SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

Yes that hair is fantastic!

Love it too, this was my first render using it:

2012-09-07_Sam_YolandeHair_Small_web.jpg
    1125 x 1500 - 603K
  • PennamePenname Posts: 343
    edited December 1969

Oh thanks people. I thought my CC was safe when I looked at day 11 last night. . . Well, except for the hair. Now thanks to these awesome renders I have to go look again. hissss (and I mean that in the nicest way!)

• Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

Please.. please tell me there will be catch up sale.. I just cannot allow myself to spend anything at this moemnt, and my whole time favorite is on sale.. both of them...

Post edited by Gloomy007 on
  • thehermit64thehermit64 Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

Holy HairDos!

Good Hair Day for my Runtime!
    Bad Hair Day for my bank account!

aloha.jpg
    1300 x 1040 - 500K
    Post edited by thehermit64 on
  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    Yeah...today was a 5:3:2:1 day. Thorne:3Dream/Mairy:Karth:Uzilite. Second most expensive day so far, after the first with Stonemason. Happy, though! Still, my wishlist had 28 items out of 257 (so 10%!) on sale today. O_o! No renders; I haven't finished downloading it all yet... :-/

-- Morgan

edited December 1969

So there's Season by Mada and Thorne
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/seasons

And then there's Season for Genesis by only Mada... ?
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/seasons-for-genesis

I really want the Genesis one.
    But I'm afraid this is some weird cataloging error and might miss the boat.
    Anybody know anything about this?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

One is for Gen 4 and one is for genesis. This does happen sometimes, that the two vesions are released as separate profucts.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    One is for Gen 4 and one is for genesis. This does happen sometimes, that the two vesions are released as separate profucts.

Yes, that part I got.
    But the V4 one that lists Thorne and Mada as vendors is on the PA sale right now.

The Genesis one, which lists only Mada as a vendor, is not.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

chohole said:

I think their question is whether the Seasons for Genesis is also by Thorne, and thus qualifies for the 50% discount...

I'm presuming that the two artists decided that Mada's work was primary on the Genesis version, and so it's just under Mada's name, and thus not eligible for the discount, sorry to say. (I already own Seasons for Genesis, and it's excellent, fwiw.) It's entirely possible I'm wrong, but I vaguely recall being surprised at the artist list way back when I first picked it up.

-- Morgan

edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    chohole said:

I think their question is whether the Seasons for Genesis is also by Thorne, and thus qualifies for the 50% discount...

I'm presuming that the two artists decided that Mada's work was primary on the Genesis version, and so it's just under Mada's name, and thus not eligible for the discount, sorry to say. (I already own Seasons for Genesis, and it's excellent, fwiw.) It's entirely possible I'm wrong, but I vaguely recall being surprised at the artist list way back when I first picked it up.

-- Morgan

Yes, that was the question.
    I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a cataloging error of some kind so that I did not miss the boat.

It looks fantastic, but I guess I'll be waiting for the Mada PA sale. :P :)

• ZaarinZaarin Posts: 356
    edited December 1969

Ippotamus said:
    chohole said:

Yes, that part I got.
    But the V4 one that lists Thorne and Mada as vendors is on the PA sale right now.

The Genesis one, which lists only Mada as a vendor, is not.
    I wouldn't worry about it. Mada will have her day. :)

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,877
    edited December 1969

Zaarin said:

And then you'll all pay!!! :coolmad:

its true, you will.

• ZaarinZaarin Posts: 356
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    Zaarin said:

And then you'll all pay!!! :coolmad:

its true, you will.
    This is true. :P

• AprilYSHAprilYSH Posts: 1,481
    edited December 1969

Wow, what a weekend, wonder what Monday brings :lol: (unintended alliteratude! lol)
    btw, it's Monday morning here already :shut:

Saba Taru - ooh nice, your girl is as pale as I was hoping for, good one! :coolsmile:

sedor - I really like your portrait, it leads the eye up and then see the human skulls in the background, eeek! I like that quiet creepyness :coolgrin:

• PennamePenname Posts: 343
    edited December 1969

I am so waiting for Season for Genesis too. But I have so many V4 characters. What to do; what to do . . .

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

I suppose 3 3Dream hairs is at least alliterative. Not to mention embarrassingly cheap, but I can live with that.

I only got one - on the other hand I've bought quite a many before.
    And I got the Genesis Head morph ressource kits. :)

• Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 588
    edited December 1969

Slim man was lonely so I made him a girl friend.

slim-mans-gir2a2flat.jpg
    895 x 626 - 399K
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited September 2012

Pixel8ted said:

LOVE that Pixel8ted! I picked up SlimMan too and was hoping I"d be able to make him female also!

And now I have to ask...what are those gloves and how did you manage to get them on those fingers??

Post edited by jakiblue on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300
    edited December 1969

Pixel8ted said:

Awesome I love it.

• Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 588
    edited September 2012

jakiblue said:
    Pixel8ted said:

LOVE that Pixel8ted! I picked up SlimMan too and was hoping I"d be able to make him female also!

And now I have to ask...what are those gloves and how did you manage to get them on those fingers??

Thanks. I figured I'd be the only one thinking he needed an equally creepy companion. LOL.

My female version of him is wearing Tevireth by Orion 1167. The gloves are included. It's about my favorite outfit in my runtime and comes with a set of wicked axes.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/tevireth

Believe it or not the auto fit pretty much worked set to gloves. I did have some poke through so went through the scene tab and turned off the visibility (eye) on all of the finger parts. In my other render, I did the same with the Epsilon gloves.

I did a different render and had some spikey pull effect due to the positioning of the fingers. (The fingers in the render aren't in a good position anyway but thought I'd mention that extreme positions seem to make auto fit go a little off.)

By the way, I also tried the sedition soldier for M4 and the body suit was totally destroyed when it got to the fingers.

Edit to include what I mean by gloves spikey in some positions...

*Note: I did not have to fix the gloves in the position hands are in the image I posted in either the Epsilon outfit or the Tevireth.

BTW, the boots in both outfits also looked really good using auto fit. I don't know why some outfits the shoes come out and others made for same figures they come out crumpled.

slim-man-spikey-some-positions.jpg
    428 x 453 - 59K
    Post edited by Pixel8ted on
  • DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969

Day 12 is finally here!!! Enjoy! And Great Renders over the weekend!

• edited December 1969

DAZ_Kevin said:

Predatron's new hero loaders are mixed up. I bought the Poser versions and downloaded the Poser files. The installer is a DAZ Studio file....

• GrazeGraze Posts: 418
    edited September 2012

I purchased Tatiana Hair. There are 2 files for V4 and 2 for Genesis.
    But I only have a total of 3 downloadable files with Gregoria Hair.
    Is there suppose to be a separate MetaData file for Gregoria Hair V4? Or has the V4 MetaData file been combined with Genesis?

This is what I have in my Downloadable Products (and I’m looking at 20 items per page).

Tatiana Hair has
    TatianaHairV4
    TatianaHairV4MetaData
    TatianaHairGen
    TatianaHairGenMetaData

But Gregoria Hair only has
    GregoriaHairV4
    GregoriaHairGenesis
    GregoriaHairGenesisMetaData

Post edited by Graze on
  • mmalbertmmalbert Posts: 412
    edited December 1969

Hoping Mada gets her day soon so I can have merdudes for the mergirls I bought yesterday. Also bought the Black Alyss Dress for V4 and took it for a test run:

SrsBzns-SM.jpg
    675 x 900 - 287K
  • RhFactorRhFactor Posts: 3
    edited September 2012

DAZ_Kevin said:

Predatron's new hero loaders are mixed up. I bought the Poser versions and downloaded the Poser files. The installer is a DAZ Studio file....

Also, the link for the Heros Pack ( http://www.daz3d.com/shop/heroes-redantom-for-poser) from the Redantom Poser bundle page (http://www.daz3d.com/shop/heroes-redantom-for-poser-bundle) is not working.

Post edited by RhFactor on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,206
    edited December 1969

Mr Leong said:
    I purchased Tatiana Hair. There are 2 files for V4 and 2 for Genesis.
    But I only have a total of 3 downloadable files with Gregoria Hair.
    Is there suppose to be a separate MetaData file for Gregoria Hair V4? Or has the V4 MetaData file been combined with Genesis?

This is what I have in my Downloadable Products (and I’m looking at 20 items per page).

Tatiana Hair has
    TatianaHairV4
    TatianaHairV4MetaData
    TatianaHairGen
    TatianaHairGenMetaData

But Gregoria Hair only has
    GregoriaHairV4
    GregoriaHairGenesis
    GregoriaHairGenesisMetaData

Metadata is, if available, always* included in the main installer anyway. There are quite a few items where there isn't a metadata installer for the Poser version if it's split, even as here where the "Poser" version is useful in DS too.

* for certain values of always