Where in the World has the Forum Gremlin gone Now? Complaint Thread

MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
edited December 2015 in The Commons

This discussion was created to reinstate the thread that the Gremilins got at.

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 2015

snowman cookie suffered mysterious calamity. 

snowman cookie deelish with prealine chestnut latte.

muchachonievecookie.jpg
    640 x 480 - 26K
    Post edited by Mistara on

trying to figure out motion paths.  can't see how to move a vert up or down or sideways.  don't want to start a whole motion path from scratch everytime i need to move a vert up or down or sideways.

edited December 2015

last thread was here The We Are All Prime Numbers Complaint Thread.

or
    The Late to the Old London Party Thread :D

Post edited by Chohole on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,794
    edited December 2015

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

am i allowed to rename the thread?

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,006

Ah, that new thread smell...

• SerpentSerpent Posts: 4,075

New day, new thread!

I know where TJohn is, he's the post above mine.. lol..

Hump Day! Discovered a bad hardware design this morning, causing chaos, rending of garments, wailing and gnashing of teeth.  It's tough when the software guy notices the schematic doesn't match the hardware and has to tell the hardware guy.. although, in his defence, he inherited the design and assumed this part was working.  They were making the boards but we stopped them before it was too late, thus saving the company some serious bucks.

I'll be lucky to get a thanks, but it's a win for me. Urgh. indecision

Soon it will be moving day, followed by CROCK POT SUNDAY! laugh Crock pot chicken wings, beer, and football all day!!!

edited December 2015

The My Crockpot is Empty Complaint Thread :D

He's a mean one, Mr Grinch

nooooo the permanent filling came out of my root canal tooth.

complainnnt- dentist can't see me til Monday.  rassinfrassingapingholetothebone.  whatthehellrassinfrassin was supposed to permanent filling. costs me 40$ in taxis to toandfro to the deantist. still paying off rassinfrassin root canal bill. coulda bought a new computer  feels like there's a crack side of what's left of tooth.  i was just gettin used to chewing on that side of my mouth again.  of course, is same side of my mouth where the corner of my mouth leaks.

Post edited by Mistara on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,164
    edited December 2015

Oops, duplicate thread.  I HATE this new forum design! 

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    edited December 2015

The "Damn, the thread was almost mine" thread.

But now for something completely different:

I tried to watch the preview showing of "The Expanse" on the SyFy website but lasted only 4 minutes before I could see it was going to be depressingly stale.  Maybe I'll record the first episode when it comes on TV so that I can skip through it in 15 minutes.  But I'm not going to get caught up in yet another endless "this group against that group" mind numbing, glacially slow plot advancement, series.

HOWEVER, I did notice that SyFy is presenting a 3-night 6-hour miniseries of the sci-fi classic "Childhood's End" by Arthur C. Clarke.  That is a story worth presenting and it's taken 62 years.  It actually has a beginning, middle and end.  What a novel concept.  (Pun intended!)

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,006

There's an echo in here.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Tjohn said:

There's an echo in here.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,684

Why was only my posts condensed?  

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Contiguous posts at the end of the last page.

Mr Griii inch

he does have a buppy living with him, he couldn't na been all bad.

light through transparency looks good on v4's eyes

scap light through transparency looks good on v4's eyes.JPG
    873 x 710 - 109K

Oh

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005

It's one of the side benefits of that $40 coffee mug... That and X-ray vision... Or random invisibility... Or a mountain spring scent... I forget which.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776

Morning. Bright orange-beaked fat ol Mynah birds like a mini soccer riot squawking over garbage scraps and making for a noisy start to the day :)

Tablet will not let me quote a post.

McGyver said:

It's one of the side benefits of that $40 coffee mug... That and X-ray vision... Or random invisibility... Or a mountain spring scent... I forget which.

Now it will let me.  And also lactose intolerance symptoms

I better not miss my bus stop. Brb 

bus stop in 7 minutes. in the rain. again. dejavu`

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,845
    HOWEVER, I did notice that SyFy is presenting a 3-night 6-hour miniseries of the sci-fi classic "Childhood's End" by Arthur C. Clarke.  That is a story worth presenting and it's taken 62 years.  It actually has a beginning, middle and end.  What a novel concept.  (Pun intended!)

Thanks for the heads-up. I am definitely checking it out.

• nDelphi said:

I've been seeing that ad every 15 minutes on Space (Canada's version of SyFy).  First 15 times I thought "Hmmm.. that looks interesting."  Then after the next 20 times I thought "It kinda looks like a combo of the old V and Torchwood:Children of Earth.".  Then after the next 30 times I thought "Ugh... I don't think so..." (preview overload!)  haha  That's what happens when you're home sick for 5 days and watch too much TV.

dutch apple pie in the ovven  yayy mrs smith  ala mode 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560

...ahh finally through all the RL emails (being politically active has it's price I guess) and oh boy, a shiny new thread. 

Was up late (early?) last night listening to music.  Sometimes just feel the need for a "culture fix".

Received acknowledgement my SSI appeal is in process. Also considering filing for early retirement as I become eligible for it this month.  Need to find out if it will nullify my disability claim first.

Been wintry cold here the last few days, Sunday morning was down to 24° with a very stiff wind from the east. Got down to -12° in Burns OR on the other side of the Cascades.  Getting more snow this year so far than last which, if it keeps up, will ease the drought a bit.  This summer pretty much the entire peak of Mt Hood was bare of snow. Never seen it like that in all the years I've lived here.

my betta will not go grab my glasses for me.  Nor will my goldfish. I better do it myself.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560

...yeah tried, to train the spiders at my old flat to clean it up, but all they did was leave webs all over the place. They didn't even care to deal with the moths that loved to dine on my wool clothing.

nomms joy

edited December 2015
    Stryder87 said:
    nDelphi said:

I've been seeing that ad every 15 minutes on Space (Canada's version of SyFy).  First 15 times I thought "Hmmm.. that looks interesting."  Then after the next 20 times I thought "It kinda looks like a combo of the old V and Torchwood:Children of Earth.".  Then after the next 30 times I thought "Ugh... I don't think so..." (preview overload!)  haha  That's what happens when you're home sick for 5 days and watch too much TV.

Well, I'm hoping that after 6 decades that they do a half decent job of converting it to film.  But it's still a classic to read.  Contains much mental fodder.  Much like other sci-fi classics like "Dune", "Stranger In A Strange Land" and "Foundation".  Of which "Dune" seems to be the only one that made it to the screen, twice even, but badly both times. sad

However, this is the SyFy channel we're talking about so I wouldn't be surprised if they throw in some bug-eyed monsters, an evil military general, and a trio of teenage heros and a vampire or two to enter it into the lowest common denominator class of film.

Well, it seems that I'm not alone in my fears. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4146128/  The comments range from nauseus naivete of the original novel to rabid fears of artistic implosion.

This discussion has been closed.