No underenvironment lighting after Daz 4.5 pro install

KuriosDrachenKuriosDrachen Posts: 25

I didn't see this problem so I'm going to ask it anyone knows why I can't seen to find the uberenvironment (presets, or anything) in the lighting preset tab. This is the case in both Daz 4 and 4.5, and happened right after installation of daz 4.5. (I had daz 4 pro installed before I installed 4.5) I can't seem to find what caused this or even where the files themselves are located to see if they are still there. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

(Sorry if this question is better posed in a different area...)

Comp specs:
geforce 550 ti
amd 4 core 3.6 processor
windows pro 64-bit
8 gig ram

Post edited by KuriosDrachen on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The Uber presets are part of the DS4P install, and you will find them in DAZ Studio Formats > My Library > Light Presets > omnifreaker. Uberenvironment2 and UberareaLight are both there. There is a problem with the Area light at the moment, but I am hoping it will be fixed in the next version. DAZ 3D are aware of the problem.

• KuriosDrachenKuriosDrachen Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

Thanks JimmyC, I never looked anywhere but the lighting tab so it's great to know they are still there!

(I did find that out too when I loaded an older scene I created and the uberenvironment loaded correctly.)

I'm sure they'll get around to fixing it soon.

• edited December 1969

No freaking way. No UE means no DS, I use it for all my renders. I'll stick to 4.0.47 for now. Thank heavens I read this before upgrading.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

Uber lighting is in DS4.5pro. I just used it last night. Smart Content>Defaults>Presets>Lights

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited December 1969

UberArea lighting isn't working in DS4.5 one of the reasons a lot of pepole arn't upgrading.

edited December 1969

I know the Uber Area light is broke but the Uber Enviroment 2 still works.

• RedHeadLilithRedHeadLilith Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I know the Uber Area light is broke but the Uber Enviroment 2 still works.

hoo,,, good to know it's broke was wandering why when I tried applying it to a sphere I created and than trying to render the scene it would simply crash - and there I was thinking I must be doing something wrong -anyone knows if this is going to get fixed ?

edited December 1969

It has been fixed

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

It has been fixed

It has indeed, I believe that it was fixed in 4.5.0.137, but it did not work in 4.5.0.114. I think that is correct.

edited December 1969

Works wonderful in 4.5.1.6 I just did a Uber Area light render yesterday with it.

edited December 1969

amm so probably I did something wrong ...was trying to set a background to my scene - came across a post in the forum of adam -that it can be done with the area light
    so I created a sphere scaled it down -100 , changed the z rotation to 180 , selected the surface and the sphere applied the area light to it - than changed the diffuse, ambient and color maps of the sphere to a picture i had in my computer 1920 x 1440 in size .

I wanted that the sky image I applied to the surface will show in the render - so I created a null object - than I parent the sphere to the null and scaled the null to be bigger than my model in my scene - tried to render and crash .

edited December 1969

I just tried it and it worked ok for me. Make sure that ambient is set to on and has a value.

Why it would crash I don't know. Is there a crash report or does the log give any hints.

edited December 1969

I reported the crash to bugs.daz3d.com I hope I'll get to the core problem of why this crashes keep happening randomly

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I do the same making an Mesh Light Sphere and I too cannot complete a render even when the Samples of the lighting is set to 16 and low quality Render settings. It is part of the memory issue some of us are having. I can render out the exact same scene with DS4.5.0.49 RC2. It was one of the scenes I used to test the latest versions.

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    I do the same making an Mesh Light Sphere and I too cannot complete a render even when the Samples of the lighting is set to 16 and low quality Render settings. It is part of the memory issue some of us are having. I can render out the exact same scene with DS4.5.0.49 RC2. It was one of the scenes I used to test the latest versions.

I wander if this is graphic card memory problem or computer memory problem , 8 RAM need to be enough for this kind of render.
    when I try to render scenes who are more complex with hair , clothing ,and even one complete world loaded to the scene all together I'm not getting any crash .

I noticed that this crashes happens only when I start changing the Map Diffuse. or other Maps and textures I apply to the surface of my objects in my scenes

I was told by support what making this crashes Is I use older version of Pwsurface , but I updated to the latest version long before this crashes ever happened -so this something else . wish I know what . My guess is there are still old files of daz were not uninstalled properly from older versions who probably still creating conflict in my system. I have no idea where or how to find them and remove them .

anyhow at least most of the times it works ok. and when I use UE and changes the maps of it it works ok and no crashing . so for now i'll stick to use this .

edited December 1969

Graphics card don't play a part in rendering with the 3Delieght Render Engine.

All my content and shaders are up to date. Clean OS install recently. More Ram added to max out the 32bit system. So now I am doing more layer work and postwork them together. Even though I like doing layer and postwork this is step backward for me in learning what the software can do and that I am not happy about at all. Nothing much upsets me these days but this is.

edited December 1969

did you report your bug ? I'm sure you probably did ... and if so what did they tell you ?
    I just got respond from them they are running some test with the Pwsurface .
    but I don't know if this plugin affects other crash problems even when not used .
    could be it's conflicting with something in the latest version of daz . like the UberArea .

edited December 1969

I can't get a error report saved and every scene I have tested has somethiing different in each scene, nothing is replicated. SO tracking it back it near on impossible. But I look at it like this, Ds4.5.0.49 and older no crash, another 3 versions later DS4.5.0.114, 4.5.0.137 and 4.5.1.6 crash. I just doesn't add up to me.

But I am going to clear out the registery and remove Ds.45.1.6's leftovers from unistalling and see how it goes.

edited December 1969

Yes so this is got to do with something they changed in DS4.5.0.114, 4.5.0.137 and 4.5.1.6 versions . it probably conflicting with something , maybe we need to read the changes they made to the latest version maybe there is a clue there to what can create the conflict . I'm starting to feel like Nancy Dro here :)
    the thing is it got to do with something all who got the crashes also installed - like PW or something else . otherwise everyone would crash -the fact is some crash some not . more than the usual that is for sure but still not everyone .

I been working now for 2 hours on a scene applying shaders like crazy to all my surfaces and no crash ...so this is a big wander lol

edited December 1969

Sweet that all is well on your side Lilith. Me I am giving up on Daz Studio after I complete this latest project...I have started so I will finsih. :)

edited December 1969

ho no don't give up on Daz you are so talent!!
    just use older version ...the fact is most of companies will tell you the minimum system requirements needed for their software to work but what you need to look is for the maximum requirements for the best performance other wise you probably will get more problems , maybe it's time to upgrade to a better computer , the fact is in today's situation when everything get updated all the time - you probably need to replace your computer every 3 years . if you want to have better performance .
    I got my computer one year ago and than my graphic card was considered a real jam now when I look on the new ones out there ..mine went way down on the list for what consider as a good graphic card. and it does have in-pact also on daz - even when rendering with 3d light . - in the log file its checking for your graphic card comparability
    and also if you look in help - about my video card you can see if it's good enough to work with DAZ

edited December 1969

When speaking of max system requirements Vue comes in to mind. I can run Vue with basic settings no problem. Yes I can overdo things a little if I am not careful but generally I have no issues with many programs I use.

One of my CV colleague's suggested I go back to DS3A which I think I will for the time being. Granted I can't use Genesis but I have a lot of Gen4 content and morphs.

Yeah granted my computer is 5 years old, the previous one went when it was 12 years old before I replaced it.

My ATI5450 is newish and the drivers are bang up to date via AMD not Windows Update and considering my issues are at render times and the grahics card plays no part in rending using the 3Delieght render engine I can't see that being the issue.

Thanks anyway for your comments I is much appreciated.

edited December 1969

just crashed rendering with my beloved graphic card , tried to render my scene with Rendering / OpenGL / Viewport - speed 3 damm was thinking it was meant to render faster like this wanted to do a test render - my drivers are updated so don't know what's going on now. need to stay calm and just render with the 3d light .
    back to work

edited December 1969

OpenGL rendering won't give you the best results, especiallly using shaders as these require 3Delieght. Best to use really low render settings to do tests.

I haven't even tested OpenGL as I never use it for rendering.