So Many Angel Wings - Why Not Torn, Bloodied?

DrowElfMorwenDrowElfMorwen Posts: 536
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I have searched high and low a few times for angel wings--but the kind that are ripped, torn, bloodied, ripped off/half gone, etc... and no one in the 3D universe seems to have them, or I am just looking in all the wrong places.

Does anyone know where to find them? Or someone who *might* be willing to do a commission for such? It's kind of an essential thing for a pretty epic picture I want to work on, so that's why I am asking. Plus, the character who has these missing wings is important to me >.>

Thank you for any help.

Comments

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

I have searched high and low a few times for angel wings--but the kind that are ripped, torn, bloodied, ripped off/half gone, etc... and no one in the 3D universe seems to have them, or I am just looking in all the wrong places.

Does anyone know where to find them? Or someone who *might* be willing to do a commission for such? It's kind of an essential thing for a pretty epic picture I want to work on, so that's why I am asking. Plus, the character who has these missing wings is important to me >.>

Thank you for any help.

That's weird, just yesterday I was thinking about the same thing :D 'How could I turn my bazillion of normal angel wings into shredded wings?' Didn't find a solution ^^

• BlazeMystEraBlazeMystEra Posts: 464
    edited August 2012

I'm rendering part of the epic wings with the goredom and ragerator shaders on it... it may not be perfekt for what you're seeking, but it could well help... will post the image when my render is ready.

edit: here it is... I cancelled the render, because it took to long for my liking.. guess somethings wrong with my setup, but I think it shows what I wanted to show :)

wings_shred.png
    500 x 234 - 252K
    Post edited by BlazeMystEra on
  • DrowElfMorwenDrowElfMorwen Posts: 536
    edited December 1969

Oh that is very nice :)

I like it, but the thing is I need it to appear as old wounds (he's been missing his wings for a couple hundred years!) so I am kinda looking for bare bone and shredded.

I do like your bloody ones though.

• Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I was asking myself the same question.. where are brken, wounded wings... we need them, especially with the season upon us...

• RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 899
    edited December 1969

I believe Renderosity used to have a set like that but it's gone now. I hope they change their draconian policies about removing stuff from their store.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

is there a picture of something close to what you're looking for?

• BlazeMystEraBlazeMystEra Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

Oh that is very nice :)

I like it, but the thing is I need it to appear as old wounds (he's been missing his wings for a couple hundred years!) so I am kinda looking for bare bone and shredded.

I do like your bloody ones though.

This one here offers bare bones at least: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/ccwings-variety-pack
    Although they're for a Batlike wing... but maybe with the help of a little postwork...?