Aquatic Genesis NOW IN THE STORE! [Commercial]

Comments

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

Just bought both packages and it is really quite amazing what can be done with Genesis :)

Looking forward to play with the sets over the weekend.

• DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,549
    edited December 1969

Yup, what Renpatsu said. I grabbed 'em both too. I see so many possibilities for the geografted items, and mixing them with so many other things. Great work blondie.

• blondie9999blondie9999 Posts: 771
    edited December 1969

Hey, folks--- don't forget to post some renders! I would enjoy seeing what you do with the Aquatics-- and what interesting critters you create using the DAZ morphs!

• FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,888
    edited December 1969

Yeah, I want to see pictures too! Blondie did such a fabulous job making this creature, despite its propensity for fighting her every step of the way. I think she won, personally. :)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

So! I put together some quick snapshots of different morphs and picked the best (several were preeeeeeeetty unsuccessful, all in all).

Without further ado... the mugshots.

Ladies and Gentlemen, please warm up your morphing engines, and begin blending!

Merfolk_2.png
    1854 x 1953 - 3M
    Merfolk_1.png
    2000 x 1720 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    So! I put together some quick snapshots of different morphs and picked the best (several were preeeeeeeetty unsuccessful, all in all).

Without further ado... the mugshots.

Ladies and Gentlemen, please warm up your morphing engines, and begin blending!

Very cool, Skiriki. Yeah, Aquatic plays so nicely with many of the morphs available. It's hard NOT to play around. My favorite morph to use with Aquatic is the Alien Oculoid, but the one that always makes me giggle is the Daz Gorilla. :D

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    So! I put together some quick snapshots of different morphs and picked the best . . .

:: giggle! :: Catfish!
    edited December 1969

FeralFey said:
    Very cool, Skiriki. Yeah, Aquatic plays so nicely with many of the morphs available. It's hard NOT to play around. My favorite morph to use with Aquatic is the Alien Oculoid, but the one that always makes me giggle is the Daz Gorilla. :D

I kinda like Joequick's Mr. Simian the best, myself. The default expression on his face when you dial it in is like "This is not FUNNY YOU SICK ****." :lol:

edited December 1969

Wow, Skiriki, you've been having fun with this, haven't you? Glad to see it-- that's what it's for!

edited December 1969

Wow, Skiriki, you've been having fun with this, haven't you? Glad to see it-- that's what it's for!

Oh yesssssss. Just wait until you see what I have in my mind!

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,429
    edited December 1969

Snake head, plus every morph I could think of to contribute to the long skinny look, gives...

The Hunter of the Deep:

Deep_Hunter_3.png
    1115 x 895 - 159K
    Deep_Hunter.png
    1119 x 899 - 271K
  • murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,429
    edited December 1969

And, just for fun, the Seamount Troll:

Deep_MountainTroll.png
    644 x 895 - 329K
    edited December 1969

Snake head, plus every morph I could think of to contribute to the long skinny look, gives...

The Hunter of the Deep:

Spooky! I like it!

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Great renders everyone! Can't wait to play...I've only just downloaded.

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,531
    edited December 1969

Looking cool. Nice to see the variations.

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

I actually went ahead and bought it. Did a first render messing around

The leg fins are doing something kind of odd in this pose

from_the_deep.jpg
    1305 x 1871 - 210K
    edited September 2012

Hi John. I'm looking at your render, but I'm not sure I'm seeing the "oddness". Perhaps it's my eyes, but could you explain what is going on for you?

Edited to add: Oh, wait. Don't answer. I see what you mean. I had to go in and look at the close-up of the legs. D'oh. Silly me.

I might actually know the answer to this. :D First, did you use a pose preset to create this? If so, the problem is that the pose preset has information in it that pertains to the foot bones. These have to be removed first, or completely zeroed out in order for the foot fins to behave. It's a quirk of the geografting.

I should point out in a shameless plug that all of the poses in The Deep Ones have been optimized for the geografted fins to avoid any "fin jump". :D

Post edited by FeralFey on
    edited September 2012

Here

You can clearly see the the edges of the leg fins are wider or thicker than Genesis's legs

from_the_deep_fins.jpg
    1334 x 1886 - 450K
    foot_fins.JPG
    631 x 626 - 38K
    Post edited by JohnDelaquiox on
    edited December 1969

I think there's a bit of thickness mismatch -- look at way above the ankle. A faint difference in thickness.

edited December 1969

See my above answer. I realized AFTER I first posted that I needed to look in closer. And then I was able to ascertain what was going on.

edited September 2012

OK that explains it

I want your poses, I have to see how things go today before I can get them

thanks

Post edited by JohnDelaquiox on
    edited December 1969

Yeah, this was something that Blondie and I stumbled upon when working together on this project. There was no prior documentation on it. So, when I first built the poses, I had no idea that I had to make sure that the feet had to be zeroed. And it's not like I was building the Genesis poses with the feet involved in the first place, because I knew that they would be "invisible" and therefore not in the plan. So it caught all of us by surprise. I had to go back and edit out all the code for the foot bones. (Oddly enough, the hand bones weren't as disruptive - well, at least not until I added the cavitation bubbles, but that's another story. Lol.)

It was a learning experience, I'll tell you that.

edited December 1969

Its a great product! and your pose set looks fantastic

I think I have one of your sword poses sets but I can't remember

edited September 2012

Yeah-- there is a section in the ReadMe about this. This was yet another "snag" that wasn't discovered until the product was in Q.A., and it was driving me and everybody else nuts trying to figure out what the problem was.

What happens is this: Even though Genesis's feet are "hidden," they are still able to activate weight maps and JCMs that affect the ankles-- so, if they're not zeroed, they activate weight maps and JCMs that aren't designed to work with the geo-grafted feet, and you get "gaps."

Since most pre-made poses have the feet in some position other than "zero," if you use such a pose, you need to go in and make sure the feet are in "zero" position; otherwise, you can get weird results.

Post edited by blondie9999 on
    edited December 1969

Its no biggie

Still love the thing

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Still working on this but I wanted to post something...it's still a bit dark and the shark needs some more work also.

swimming_for_life_2.jpg
    600 x 900 - 299K
    edited October 2012

What's better than Genesis Baby?

AQUATIC GENESIS BABY!

I had to render this picture in three parts: one with the undersea part, one with the oversea part, and then the water layer. Gah! And considering the complexities involved in rendering, in order to keep render times acceptable, won't redo this one in a bigger size until I have a render farm...

Edited to add: no, that's not a tinky-winky, that's a belly-button which is an outie.

Merbaby.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 275K
    Post edited by Skiriki on
  • DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,487
    edited December 1969

btw I used Aquatic Genesis in a picture here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/381/P345/

Love it!!!!! :) it's getting used in a commissioned piece too. Fabulous set! :)

edited December 1969

I'm having a tiny issue

When ever I load the ear fins the head where its attached becomes see through and when they are not loaded its just grey

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited December 1969

Did you render? If not, it's most likely just the transparency preview in DS.