SITE UPDATES, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION

Comments

• Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 617
    edited September 2012

I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing this problem with the forum display. When someone has attached several pictures in their post, the display on my computer of the thread page suddenly needs humongous amounts of horizontal scrolling.

Is this a problem that others are experiencing, or am I the only one? I'm using IE 7.0.5730.13 ( & please, don't tell me to just update it--I'm typing this from a company computer, so I'm pretty much stuck with what I've got ).

If it's just me, I wonder if there's some settings I can adjust in the browser that can fix it (I can adjust some settings, provided they don't adversely affect the computer security)?

Or is this an issue that's affecting the forum & is still being worked on?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

untitled.JPG
    641 x 361 - 53K
    Post edited by Ryuu@AMcCF on
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

. . . I'm using IE 7.0.5730.13 ( & please, don't tell me to just update it--I'm typing this from a company computer, so I'm pretty much stuck with what I've got ) . . .

Just an FYI, though: portable apps can run off of a USB jump drive without needing to be installed on a given computer (so you don't need install rights) -- you could give Firefox Portable a shot, see if that helps. But I haven't had that problem, nor anything close to it.
    edited September 2012

Kerya said:
    chohole said:
    Gift Certificates are unavailable temporarily. There was problems with them and the fix is being tested. So when it passes QA they will activate the product again.
    Do we have an ETR?!? Because I keep multiple small charges from the same site from hitting my credit card (gets their fraud dept in a lather, I try to avoid that) by buying myself gift certificates of my intended spending. With the PA sale going on this is an issue -- it's not like I can wait to put a week's worth of products in the cart, the sales only last a day. >:(
    We don't know how long it will take to pass QA. When it's solid and ready we will release it. Sorry for the inconvenience. If there are issues, it may take a bit longer, so we really don't have an ETA.
    Well ... this will save me money. NO PA sale for me.
    *shrugs*
    Now I've only got a couple bucks of store credit left. Is there an ETR yet? Can I open a support ticket so they can charge my credit card for store credit manually? Or do I have to take ::dun-dun-DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!:: drastic steps?
    Had a better idea! It's gonna be a lot more time-consuming than a gift card since it requires waiting for my Support Request to be worked, but with any luck I'll end up with enough DAZ store credit for the rest of the sale: I've just bought an item priced roughly the same amount as I would've bought a gift card for. I then opened a Support Request to return the product for store credit. :coolsmile: Lightbulb moment, yeah?
    Do we have an ETR on Gift Cards yet?

This seemed like a much better idea two days ago . . . my req hasn't been touched yet. :down: Hope they get to it before the weekend!
    screenshot.07-09-2012_09_.41_.43-g1_.jpg
    620 x 280 - 27K
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,296
    edited December 1969

My support ticket about my PC membership hasn't been done yet either, so I still can't access the PC forums or buy the PC items at PC prices or use this months voucher.

edited December 1969

My support ticket about my PC membership hasn't been done yet either, so I still can't access the PC forums or buy the PC items at PC prices or use this months voucher.

Mine is -- Britney came through, all done now! I've got enough store credit to (hopefully!) see me through both the PA sale and the PlatClub Anniversary. Y'think six weeks is enough time for DAZ to get the darned gift cards fixed? :roll: If not, I can do this again . . .
  • atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

I hope they get it fixed before the end of the month or I guess I'm not buying anything next month which will make me very mad... it's the entire reason I renewed my membership last year and if I can't buy anything during the sale I'm not renewing again. It'll have been a complete waste of money for somebody who doesn't have any kind of income and doesn't have $70 to waste for nothing each year :(

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

How long ago did you submit it? I had the same issue on 8/31 and submitted a ticket that day. I got a response on 9/5 (though the problem had already been solved by then...not sure how or by whom).

When you check the status of the ticket, is it still listed as pending?

edited December 1969

It has been addressed. Britney fixed it and gave me a complimentary month - unfortunately, I am now due to renew on 10/07/12 whereas I was paid up to 10/20/12, so i have actually lost a couple of weeks, I've sent another note but to be honest this is such a mess.
    Apparently its happened to several people and emails were sent out - I just didn't get one.
    It also seems that you have to have a CC to pay for membership, she did mention that the GC system would be back up and running.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060
    edited December 1969

...It also seems that you have to have a CC to pay for membership, she did mention that the GC system would be back up and running.

This is still an issue? I don't get it. PayPal merely transfers money from one entity to another. Why should it matter what the product is? My membership is up in May. If they haven't reinstated PayPal as a method for paying for annual renewals, I will let it drop.

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    ...It also seems that you have to have a CC to pay for membership, she did mention that the GC system would be back up and running.

This is still an issue? I don't get it. PayPal merely transfers money from one entity to another. Why should it matter what the product is? My membership is up in May. If they haven't reinstated PayPal as a method for paying for annual renewals, I will let it drop.
    IIRC, some payment services have a time-to-delivery requirement in their terms, like within 30 days of taking payment you have to have delivered the product -- annual membership fees (where the product isn't fully delivered for a year) violate the terms.
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

IIRC, some payment services have a time-to-delivery requirement in their terms, like within 30 days of taking payment you have to have delivered the product -- annual membership fees (where the product isn't fully delivered for a year) violate the terms.

PayPal was the method of choice for the past several years. In fact, it was the only way we could do annual renewals in the past. I don't think PayPal will have changed that suddenly. It was the new store software that DAZ blamed for the lack of using PayPal for the annual renewals at first. I'm just waiting for an explanation and a note that it's fixed.

Dana

• foxyladyfoxylady Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Were we not told months ago that Daz was going to extented every PC member's expiration date by one month? I seem to recall reading that, but cannot locate it now.

I have asked in a support ticket, but did not receive an answer and the ticket was closed. Not having the GCs available is a real pain also.

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    DanaTA said:

PayPal was the method of choice for the past several years. In fact, it was the only way we could do annual renewals in the past. I don't think PayPal will have changed that suddenly. It was the new store software that DAZ blamed for the lack of using PayPal for the annual renewals at first. I'm just waiting for an explanation and a note that it's fixed.

Dana

It must have been quite a ways in the past. When I first switched to annual I caught it on a discount they did and I had a $50 prepaid visa card that paid for it, but the years since I have always paid by GC for annual by getting 3 different $25 prepaid cards spread out over a month or so and bought GC with them to pay for the membership. I've never used PayPal before.

If I do decide to renew in May (so far it's not looking so good though), I hope GC are fixed and working for the membership payments again because I can't afford to buy a $100 prepaid card to renew with -_-

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

foxylady said:
    Were we not told months ago that Daz was going to extented every PC member's expiration date by one month? I seem to recall reading that, but cannot locate it now.

I have asked in a support ticket, but did not receive an answer and the ticket was closed. Not having the GCs available is a real pain also.

As far as I remember they said that all those that had troubles will get a free month. Obviously it is up to Daz to decide who had troubles ...

edited December 1969

atryeu said:

It must have been quite a ways in the past. When I first switched to annual I caught it on a discount they did and I had a $50 prepaid visa card that paid for it, but the years since I have always paid by GC for annual by getting 3 different $25 prepaid cards spread out over a month or so and bought GC with them to pay for the membership. I've never used PayPal before.

If I do decide to renew in May (so far it's not looking so good though), I hope GC are fixed and working for the membership payments again because I can't afford to buy a $100 prepaid card to renew with -_-

I just renewed in the last PC sale. OK, I guess they accepted GC's as well, but wouldn't use CC's for it. The point is, it was allowed less than a year ago, and years before that. So it's not PayPal, it's something with this new software...which I still can't understand because we can pay for any other things here with PayPal.

Dana

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing this problem with the forum display. When someone has attached several pictures in their post, the display on my computer of the thread page suddenly needs humongous amounts of horizontal scrolling.

Is this a problem that others are experiencing, or am I the only one? I'm using IE 7.0.5730.13 ( & please, don't tell me to just update it--I'm typing this from a company computer, so I'm pretty much stuck with what I've got ).

If it's just me, I wonder if there's some settings I can adjust in the browser that can fix it (I can adjust some settings, provided they don't adversely affect the computer security)?

Or is this an issue that's affecting the forum & is still being worked on?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I have the same problem when I look at the forums at work. We also have IE but I don't know which version. I can't use USB sticks because the usb ports are locked. This website is also blocked if I try to post a message using quotes or post new reply rather than fast reply. My workplace is very very serious about computer network security.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Not sure if this is a one time error but I just bought two items and the download links in my email and on the account have been doubled. For example I have four download links for Garoul The Werewolf instead of two.

edited September 2012

I just tried getting the weekly freebie (the Crowns for Genesis) but it won't put them in my cart keeps telling me that I can only buy it once, I've checked my order history they are'nt there nor are they in my downloads so I haven't got it already.
    It doesnt matter what I do my cart remains empty but when I click add to cart I get a message saying I can only purchase it once and my cart remains empty.

The store is such a mess.

Interesting I added another item to my cart and the crowns appeared.

Complete mess.

Post edited by scorpio on
  • cimairacimaira Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm not sure where to post/ask this, and I hope it's not OT for this thread.
    It is about my wishlist, according to the tab at the top, I have 94 items in my wish list, however, I can only see 29 of them. Is there a button I should click or something so that I can see all of my wish list? Or is this a bug of the wishlist?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

It is a known issue, THread about it here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/7267/

• cimairacimaira Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks, I found it after I posted here, sorry.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

I just tried getting the weekly freebie (the Crowns for Genesis) but it won't put them in my cart keeps telling me that I can only buy it once, I've checked my order history they are'nt there nor are they in my downloads so I haven't got it already.
    It doesnt matter what I do my cart remains empty but when I click add to cart I get a message saying I can only purchase it once and my cart remains empty.

The store is such a mess.

Interesting I added another item to my cart and the crowns appeared.

Complete mess.

And now getting this with the current freebie - added it once (and got 0 items in basket), added it again aand get told can only have one in the basket.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Add another item to the cart, Make sure you are logged in to the store first. You will be able to remove it once your cart is dispaying correctly.

• s l fs l f Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

Just bought An Unfinished Basement - it really must be unfinished as, even though the product page says it is for both Daz Studio and Poser, I only have the option to download ONE DS file. No Poser files to be seen anywhere. :-S

Does anybody know if the error is in the Product Description or has something else gone wrong with my account?

• edited December 1969

I got this weeks freebie the Sculpting Tools.

Went through checkout with no problems but when I went to download the item it said the link didn't exist.

I came back later and tried again and it worked.

Daz, it's been what about 2 months since you switched over to this new site and it has been nothing but one problem after another.

It's time you told the people that are suppose to be fixing it to get it fixed or they will be fired and you'll go somewhere that will do the job right the first time.

Look at Renderosity, they just changed the look of their site and I haven't had a single problem there.

So don't say we know about this problem or that problem, GET THEM FIXED!!!!!!!!!

• edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Add another item to the cart, Make sure you are logged in to the store first. You will be able to remove it once your cart is dispaying correctly.

We shouldn't have to do this.

We should be able to ckick on "Add to Cart" and it goes in.

I've had to try adding an item 3 or 4 times before it would go into the cart and YES, I WAS LOGGED IN!!!

edited September 2012

TMD64 said:

Daz, it's been what about 2 months since you switched over to this new site and it has been nothing but one problem after another.

Actually, it's been 17 weeks exactly today!!! That's 4 months, not 2! Yes, I'm counting. >:-(

Dana

Post edited by DanaTA on
    edited December 1969

TMD64 said:
    chohole said:

I agree...we've been handed a lot of work-arounds the past few months. We shouldn't have work-arounds, we should have something that works right by this time!

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    TMD64 said:
    chohole said:

I agree...we've been handed a lot of work-arounds the past few months. We shouldn't have work-arounds, we should have something that works right by this time!

Dana

I agree.

• edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    TMD64 said:

Actually, it's been 17 weeks exactly today!!! That's 4 months, not 2! Yes, I'm counting. >:-(

Dana

WOW, 4 months, Ok daz, it's time you get on the ball and do what your costumers expect of you.