4.5 Different from 4

edited December 1969 in New Users

I know this sounds dumb but...
I upgraded to 4.5 and when it started the figure shows with a box around it, A render box, I hit render and its whats inside the box. How can I change the setting to get the whole window?

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Render settings, Go to the Advanced section and in Presets change it to Active Viewport.

• edited December 1969

Just found that thanks. Really glad you understood my babble there.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

And you may have to reset it each time you reopen 4.5.

edited December 1969

Yes, Anne is right. The Render settings go back to ???? every time you open 4.5. So be sure you set them before you render each time. They will not be saved from your last use of DS.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

This bug has been reported and fixed for the next version.

• graham jamesgraham james Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

FWIW I am not seeing that bug in 4.5 pro 64 bit.
    My render settings are remembered

edited December 1969

Strange - I am on Win 7 64 bit, and I have to reset my render display every single time I run DS 4.5. I wonder why it worked on some systems and not others? Well, it is fixed now for the next version, and we should all have it working them. I hope yours doesn't break then :)

edited December 1969

I just double checked mine by changing from new window to image file and closing studio.
    Settings remembered when studio opened back up.
    Could it be because I have preset set to custom ?

edited December 1969

Mine is set to Custom as well, but it always comes up with 569 : 353, no matter what Presets I save. I can see my saved one briefly for about half a second, then it reverts to it's own annoying format. Fixed now anyway (I hope)

edited December 1969

This is very strange but as you say it's now fixed. Just as a matter of interest my custom preset is 1280 : 1024 and has been carried over from DS4 through the last 2 RC builds of 4.5 and onto the final release

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Is it possible that the settings are saved if you don't have a default scene load on startup?

edited December 1969

Mine only changes at random times. I've not figured out just what triggers the change. It will be fine four or five times and then just change.

edited December 1969

I tried that Mike, I was full of hope because I never used to load the Genesis figure, but now it only takes a couple of seconds, so I load it every time. Changing that did not work, still does the same thing.

@Jaderail
    Mine does it EVERY single time I load DS 4.5, without fail. It is not the end of the world, but it does get very old very quickly. :)

Thanks lads!