• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited September 2012

...nobody mentioned Thorne/Sarsa.

...pity.

You did..

Post edited by Khory on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited September 2012

it's strange...i have Favourite Vendors, and then I have Favourite Vendors Who Make The Sort of Stuff That I'm Constantly Using Because It Suits the Type of Art I Like to Do. Heh. I admire ALL vendors - they have skills and talent and dedication and the drive to make things - whereas I don't have ANY of that. Someone who specializes in making textures - holy cow, I don't know how anyone can have the patience for that. LOL. Someone who specializes in making characters and character skins -whoa, tried that once and realized my eye for detail was sadly sub-par, and I'm just TOO impatient and making the DS mats drove me nuts. Someone who specializes in modelling buildings and props - well, my attempt looked like an explosion in a fur & treacle factory. So I bow down before all vendors making things, regardless of what it is - because they are skilled and talented in their areas.

So while I may have a Favourite Vendor, I may not buy every single thing they put out - because while I think their stuff is awesome, it just doesn't suit what I like to do in my art. And I may have another Favourite Vendor, who specializes in creating the things that suit my art perfectly, so I snap up everything they ever release. It doens' t mean I don't "like" a particular vendor - I can still admire their work, think it's fabulous and then just buy one or two pieces, and get excited when they release something new.

For instance, my art tends to more be portraits of a character - if I do a "scene" it's generally one or two characters doing someting particular, but I focus on them, not where they are. So while I bow down before Stonemason and believe he is the God of All Modelling (like a lot of us), I don't tend to buy a lot of his stuff. I have a few pieces that I use, but I don't do scenery art, or big mega scenes, so I find I'm using just a tiny fraction of a set more as a background than anything else. But he's still one of my Favourite Vendors, cos like, he's a God! And his work brings joy to my life because it's just so wonderful and beautiful. LOL. And I love seeing his new pieces and get quite excited reading his WIP or preview threads and seeing his fabulous art. And if there is spare cash floating around my credit card, and it's kinda sci-fi'ish, then I might pick it up. But then, there is another vendor that I just buy as soon as they release, regardless of what it is, cos they specialize in doing stuff that perfectly suits my art and is something that I will use again and again and again.

So it's sort of like, they are ALL my favourite vendors cos they all do spiffy stuff, but like everyone else around, I only have a certain amount that I can spend, so I wait with anticipation for certain vendors to release something new this month cos I know it'll be suitable to what I do, and other vendors that I wait with anticipation to release something new so I can oooo and ahhhhh over the gorgeous work...and then figure out if I can really spare anything, and if not, maybe next month. I've got no "un-favourite" vendors at all. I kinda spent the whole month of September getting excited over EVERYONE.

Post edited by jakiblue on
  • ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417
    edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    So while I may have a Favourite Vendor, I may not buy every single thing they put out - because while I think their stuff is awesome, it just doesn't suit what I like to do in my art.

Which is why I try to be as varied as I can in what I produce, myself. :)

edited December 1969

Valandar said:
    jakiblue said:
    So while I may have a Favourite Vendor, I may not buy every single thing they put out - because while I think their stuff is awesome, it just doesn't suit what I like to do in my art.

Which is why I try to be as varied as I can in what I produce, myself. :)

You, dear, are like the King of Variety. :-) Some of the things you put out I sit there and go "omg what a GREAT idea, how'd he think of that??" LOL. Now, you need to go model one of those gorgeous cats of yours along with textures, and I can snap it up. *laughs*

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

...pity.

Now that you mention it they are suppose to come out with some very nice teen characters for genesis

That is something to look forward to

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,515
    edited December 1969

..agh! I think they did quite well for Gen 4.

My Leela built off of Tommi.

Leela_9.jpg
    654 x 644 - 76K
  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

Khory said:

...pity.

You did..
    It doesn't mean I'm not buying other folks stuff, but I'm quietly looking forward to that, myself. I need GenX to be upgraded for DS 4.5 though, as most of Thorne is still V4, but in the past Thorne's stuff has GenX'ed very well. GenX is evidently on its way/submitted, though...

The truth is, though, that the reason I shop nearly exclusively here is that all the PA's produce exceptional products, and DAZ's QA and vendor selectivity appears to help a lot. I've already spent more than I should this PA sale, and I'll probably spend more on folks who I'm looking forward to, and even folks who I may have never heard of before.

-- Morgan

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

Canary3d said:
    Here's a 50/50 Genesis mix of Hitomi with Raiya's "Summer Edition Liu." Liu is a lovely character (and is for both Genesis and V4) and she mixes very well with other morphs, too. I use the Liu texture for all kinds of characters.

What shirt and pants are those, if you don't mind? That's an ADORABLE render.

-- Morgan

• IgnisSerpentusIgnisSerpentus Posts: 2,474
    edited September 2012

Have to say Im with Jaki... really hard to pick and choose only some vendors as faves, as literally anyone could release something I get tickled about. I guess Im an impulsive shopper :giggles:

Post edited by IgnisSerpentus on
    edited December 1969

Have to say Im with Jaki... really hard to pick and choose only some vendors as faves, as literally anyone could release something I get tickled about. I guess Im an impulsive shopper :giggles:

"Impulsive Buys" is my middle name.

Seriously! My full name is Jaki Impulsive Buys Blue. I think my mother was smokin' something at the time. :P

• DogzDogz Posts: 896
    edited September 2012

Since 2008 when I started out with DS, I never once bought anything either here on Rendo based on the vendor, I just bought what I liked the looked of, or what suited my needs.
    If i am to be honest, I can never remember who made what anyway, as I am rather crap with names. :)
    So i guess I dont have favorite stores or vendors.
    I have bought Hundreds of things from Daz and Rendo in the past 4 years,and Im proud to say I dont think Ive ever been dissapointed with any one of my purchases at all. With that in mind they are all my favorite vendors, and I dont really want to stick anyone on a pedestal - in fear of who I might leave out.

Also since becoming a Vendor, I can really begin to understand the amount of work involved, and I appreciate that all Vendors work their cotton socks off for what seems to be a rather modest reward in the end.
    Ive been toying with the idea for trying to to this for a living, while my heart says 'I'd love to', logic says 'its probably not going to be very good for me in the long run.
    Mind you, not having a boss is almost priceless :)

Post edited by Dogz on
    edited December 1969

Me when it comes to textures and characters from Daz I have two favorites, Morris and Liquid Rust/J.King.

For props and sets Stone Mason.

For Clothing and Clothing textures Arien and Luthbel

Morphs Beth,Capsces Digital Ink

Creatures and unique characters Raw Art

• ZaarinZaarin Posts: 356
    edited December 1969

And there's another vendor to look forward to. ;)
  • Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 2,004
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    What shirt and pants are those, if you don't mind? That's an ADORABLE render.

-- Morgan

Thanks! :) She's wearing Flipmode's FM jeans, my Mini Pinny romper, and Quarker's radiant Jaguar hair.

• Merlin StudiosMerlin Studios Posts: 317
    edited December 1969

Flamewing said:
    Now the one I'd like to see is Merlin Studios. ;-)

<<em>puts out a plate of cookies & drops down on floor, begging Merlin to put his store on the PA sale.>

What kind of cookies are we talking about here? ;-)

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

Though I do have some wishlisted in anticipation of the PA sale, I honestly am not expecting to spend much. Of course, the wishlist is so dang difficult to use anymore that I hate to even attempt to look at it. Loved that on sale button that got lost in the website switch.

I spent my first PA money this year on ... Persian Fable for M4. I also picked up the two Waiting in Lines.

Yesterday I spent ALL my normally budgeted PA money on ... the new Kindle Fire HD. So ... I may not spend much more at all this year.

• GhostpantherGhostpanther Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

I would like to see Fisty, Marieah, David Brinnen and Horo.

edited September 2012

Went ahead and bought From the Deep Aquatic Genesis

I had almost the exact amount extra in my account so figured what hell

Also I took a small nap at work today after I finished a few repairs and had I guess you can call it a waking dream of a scene of a little girl in a submarine looking out into the ocean and seeing one of these things out the window

I need some caustics for studio

Post edited by JohnDelaquiox on
  • tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

Holyforest, posermocap

edited December 1969

Both great choices

Holyforest has a lot of great shaders but all the ones i want are only for Carrara

• edited December 1969

Flamewing said:
    Now the one I'd like to see is Merlin Studios. ;-)

<<em>puts out a plate of cookies & drops down on floor, begging Merlin to put his store on the PA sale.>

What kind of cookies are we talking about here? ;-) A whole vast variety... :coolsmile:

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    Only reason I would be offended is if my name isn't mentioned ... Shop RawArt!!!...RawArt RULZ!!!!!!!!

I notice that the latest newsletter promises something from you over the weekend.

You may be glad to hear that when I read the newsletter, I immediately said to myself, "Oh, RawArt ... cool. Been waiting for that."

And if you listen very carefully, you can hear my credit card quietly sobbing to itself ...

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,799
    edited September 2012

I'm actually starting to wish that some vendors will not appear in the PA sale; September is already looking like a costly month, and there are certain vendors who are heavily represented in my wishlist. (No names, no packdrill).

In some DAZ sales, I find myself going "Please, can we have some more 'toon' figures ... and maybe some really absurd Victoria skimpwear ... and some rather dull but slightly implausible and rather overpriced contemporary female clothing ... because then maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to get through the day without spending any more money ... Otherwise, I'm doomed."

(No disrespect intended to anyone who buys items in those categories: everyone has things that they're not personally interested in, and those happen to be the ones that don't do it for me).

Post edited by bytescapes on
    edited December 1969

Yeah I know how that feels more than I want.

I miss a lot of sales over year and can't always catch up.

• FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,888
    edited December 1969

Yeah, it's hard to pick a particular favorite vendor. There are so many to chose from, and so many different talents. Texturists, character and morph creators, scenery and props creators,*cough*pose builders*cough, cough*, hair and clothing designers. I can never narrow it down, myself.

(Actually, I'm bemused that people never mention the pose builders. I wonder why that is...?)

So, to put the spotlight on my fellow pose builders, this is for you. Mattymanx, Don Albert, muscleman, Khory (although, to be fair, she does other things, too). And I'm just not going to mention Rawn's forray into poses, or Blondie's, 'cause they both get enough attention as it is. Lol.

My deepest apologies if I have left out any of the other pose makers. These were the ones I could immediately think of. ...So, don't be like me - DO remember the pose makers, all of them. Lol.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

FeralFey said:
    Yeah, it's hard to pick a particular favorite vendor. There are so many to chose from, and so many different talents. Texturists, character and morph creators, scenery and props creators,*cough*pose builders*cough, cough*, hair and clothing designers. I can never narrow it down, myself.

(Actually, I'm bemused that people never mention the pose builders. I wonder why that is...?)

So, to put the spotlight on my fellow pose builders, this is for you. Mattymanx, Don Albert, muscleman, Khory (although, to be fair, she does other things, too). And I'm just not going to mention Rawn's forray into poses, or Blondie's, 'cause they both get enough attention as it is. Lol.

My deepest apologies if I have left out any of the other pose makers. These were the ones I could immediately think of. ...So, don't be like me - DO remember the pose makers, all of them. Lol.

There's one I can't seem to remember the name of, I just bought two of her pose sets, In Her Defense and Rapier Thrusts Wards and Disarms. Right on the tip of my tongue. I'm sure I'll remember later.

edited December 1969

FeralFey said:

You forgot Elliandra, who does lovely "normal" poses--as opposed to the awesome and dramatic but not terribly useful for everyday render poses. ;) And of course Danie and Marforno, but I think they too get quite adequate attention. ;)

Someone I'm looking forward to, as ever, is Surreality--except I think I already own most of her store. :P I'm excited to see what new item Arien will have--if it will be textures for something or one of her own models.

edited December 1969

There's one I can't seem to remember the name of, I just bought two of her pose sets, In Her Defense and Rapier Thrusts Wards and Disarms. Right on the tip of my tongue. I'm sure I'll remember later.

Ahh, you must be speaking of the demented one. Yes, poor thing. Squawks at her computer and has an unfortunate bacon obsession. The other PAs take pity on her and throw scraps of polygons and pixels to her, to quell her fell ravings.

Thanks for the sales, btw. :)

edited September 2012

Zaarin said:
    You forgot Elliandra, who does lovely "normal" poses--as opposed to the awesome and dramatic but not terribly useful for everyday render poses. *snip*

A-hem. I do know of another PA who has done a couple of "normal, everyday" poses. Some standing around and waiting poses. With props. (Of particular interest - the Dazbuck's Coffee and the Dazzin' Donuts Coffee cups.)

We cater to all types here. Lol.

Post edited by FeralFey on
    edited September 2012

FeralFey said:
    Zaarin said:
    You forgot Elliandra, who does lovely "normal" poses--as opposed to the awesome and dramatic but not terribly useful for everyday render poses. *snip*

A-hem. I do know of another PA who has done a couple of "normal, everyday" poses. Some standing around and waiting poses. With props. (Of particular interest - the Dazbuck's Coffee and the Dazzin' Donuts Coffee cups.)

We cater to all types here. Lol.
    Wow, I have all your sword and rapier poses--don't know how I missed the waiting in line pose sets. O_O Added to the mental wishlist (my real one is too cluttered to be useful :P).

EDIT: By the way, I really appreciate your doing A Page's Life. I know the kids aren't the best selling model, so I like to show my appreciation to those that support them. :)

Post edited by Zaarin on