Wishlist has shrunk...what happened?

CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Greetings,
My wishlist supposedly has 257 items on it, as per the UI and my own tools. I've been diligently reducing that number as the PA sale progresses, but...uhhh...my wishlist page now only shows 116 items.

How do I know those numbers so well? I wrote 3dwishlist.com to track my wishlist, show me items I've already bought from that wishlist, and email me when items go down in price. (Since the store doesn't do any of that right now, writing it myself seemed the best option. It also handles purchase history, and recognizing items bought via bundles.)

There's a second person using 3dwishlist.com. Their wishlist got cut in half between 10:55am and 6:55pm. So, unless they deleted a significant amount of their wishlist, something happened between 10:55am and 4:27pm that broke the wishlist.

Today, Lantios Lights 2 and GIS Orion Lights vanished from my wishlist, along with well over a hundred other items.

Thankfully I have a backup of my wishlist, because 3dwishlist.com keeps all old copies of what it retrieves (just in case I screw up) so I can restore it for my own use but I've seen scattered reports of the same thing happening to others. Also thankfully the deletion happened AFTER I'd added Lantios Lights 2 and GIS Orion Lights to my cart. (At first I thought that maybe they were removing items from the wishlist that were in my cart, but no...there's LOTS more missing.)

Hopefully, given that the number at the top of my screen on the store still shows 257, everything's still in the database, and it's just a display issue.

I know this is a temporary hiccup, and I have faith that the DAZ folks will fix this, but it needs to be brought to their attention. Is anyone else having this problem, and can you quantify it?

-- Morgan

Comments

• chanurchanur Posts: 43
    edited December 1969

You are not the only one and I guess there'll be a lot more out there. My wishlist shows only '19' items, though the number on top still says '53'. I also cannot see any 'rule' in it. It's not the oldest one shown and not the newest, it is a bit of everything. But because the correct number is shown on top, I also think it is 'just' a display problem and we'll have to wait (as always...).

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300
    edited September 2012

Yea mine only shows 11 has since the change over, but to be honest I really don't care anymore I have very little intention of spending much here any more.

Actually I just looked it had shrunk again to 8.
    Its completely empty now not much point in it.

Post edited by scorpio on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,206
    edited December 1969

I did, at one point, have an option at the bottom of my wishlist to show older items - it may be that it is, by defaulkt, hiding older items (with a link to get them back).

• T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited December 1969

I did, at one point, have an option at the bottom of my wishlist to show older items.

I remember that button, but its not there now. (Maybe that's the bug?)

54 showing of 166

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

My wishlist had 14 items in it, and it still says 14 in the link at the top of the page, but only 6 are displayed on my wishlist page, starting last night.

I did notice while searching for something in the store that in the search results pages a number of the items had 'In stock' under them instead of the 'add to cart' button, and that included all of the missing wishlist items that came up in those search results.

I haven't examined this exhaustively, but it certainly appeared that something has happened to a bunch of items in the store so they display 'in stock' rather than 'add to cart' in the store listings, and any of those items in a wishlist don't display.

Yet another mess up in the shiny new store.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

holy crapp,
    there's only 1 thing in my w/l.
    the Sensual hair and Berry Dragons are gone.
    how am i supposed to know when they hit the pa sale?
    does this mean the pa sale is glitched, too?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,206
    edited December 1969

As long as the items are still in the store there'd be no relationship between their presence in your wishlist and their inclusion in the sale. I just looked and my wishlist seems to have lost six items too - I'll see if I can get an explanation.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

I did, at one point, have an option at the bottom of my wishlist to show older items - it may be that it is, by defaulkt, hiding older items (with a link to get them back).

Sorry - but that was the old store ...

Of course it's quite impossible to find out ... but as Cypherfox said it was Lantios lights2 and GIS Orion lights ... could it be that everything showing up in the PA sale gets removed from the wishlist?

• islandgurl31islandgurl31 Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

Yep Yep my wishlist also went on holiday...lol. Signed in this morning went to wishlist to see what was on sale and dang if there was something different :-(. I noticed it cause the Item that was suppose to be at the top of the list went ghosty and was not there anymore...lol.

edited December 1969

As I said above, a bunch of items in the store listings are showing up 'in stock' instead of having the 'add to cart' button underneath. (This is not on the items' own pages, just in the listings.) All the things missing from my wishlist are items that are showing this.

It does not appear to be related to the PA sale. A number of my wishlist missing items are not currently on sale while a couple are.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,552
    edited December 1969

This has gone on for a month now for mes. I lost my list about 3 weeks ago. Customer service told me that the site has trouble displaying large lists. They have lost sales from me, because I can no longer find items I want to buy.

The wishlist doesn't work very well. It lets you put multiples on there, is tough to delete and impossible to sort. It needs drastic improvement.

I wish I could have my old wishlist back. But, then again, it would take far too long to remove items I do not like from the lists.

edited September 2012

i tried to re-add the berry dragons to my w/l. it said added, but it isn't showing. :(

wl2.jpg
    649 x 679 - 77K
    Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

i tried to re-add the berry dragons to my w/l. it said added, but it isn't showing. :(

Doing a search on Berry Dragons, on the resulting listing that product is one of those showing 'In stock' under it instead of the add to cart button.

As with all my missing items, everything showing up in the listings with 'in stock' instead of an add to cart button isn't displaying in wishlists.

It appears somebdsy at DAZ has managed to recategorize a whole bunch of items in some manner that makes them show up in the shop listings as 'in stock' instead of with the add to cart buttons, and not display in wishlists even though they are still counted in the wishlist number of items count.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

All Aiko items are gone from my W/L.

• PennamePenname Posts: 343
    edited December 1969

I did find that if I used the "share" button and sent the list to myself, all the items showed up in the email. Not a perfect solution but at least a reminder. My w/l is small though. I don't know about adding items since lately all the great items have been going straight to cart! - lol. (I am going to go into shock with my cc bill arrives).

I've been really tolerant of the various glitches through the changeover but must say the w/l thing is a little annoying, especially during a PA sale.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,877
    edited December 1969

I see this issue too.

Seems quite a few of Morris' itmes are showing as instock. There is an "Add to cart" on the product page but not the store page. I have not tested to see if the cart works or not.

morris.png
    745 x 723 - 654K
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,877
    edited September 2012

And now its fixed!

EDIT:

nm, broken again

Post edited by Mattymanx on
    edited December 1969

out of sight out of mind.

plus having to screen the items since the 'previously purchased' notice isn't working. :(

• Michael CMichael C Posts: 76
    edited December 1969

I'd added some items to my wishlist hoping I'd notice a sale price as the PA sale proceeds. Today one of those items did go on sale, but I only knew because I remembered putting it in the list. I bought it but I assume it's still in the list. The page says 13 items, but only shows 7. I know what two of them are. I wonder what the rest are?

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268
    edited September 2012

Items have also disappeared from my wishlist. I remembered at least one of them; found it in the store and checked 'add to wishllis't. It said it had been added but it isn't showing up.

Not good! Hope they fix this soon as most of my wishlist items are PA items I have in there so I will know when they go on sale during the PA sale

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • LilwolffLilwolff Posts: 166
    edited December 1969

:-( This web site sure is not getting better. It says I still have one item in my wl (which is true) but doesn't show what the item is. How freaking weird!

I am going to have all fingers and toes crossed when I check out with Aprilysh items today. Honestly if it wasn't an artist I have always loved, and a great price, I would totally forget.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

My wishlist is showing 56 of 77.

• LmWolfSpiritLmWolfSpirit Posts: 239
    edited December 1969

Mine went from 82 to 28. DAZ's Store is trying very hard to save me money.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,091
    edited December 1969

Penname said:
    I did find that if I used the "share" button and sent the list to myself, all the items showed up in the email. Not a perfect solution but at least a reminder. My w/l is small though. I don't know about adding items since lately all the great items have been going straight to cart! - lol. (I am going to go into shock with my cc bill arrives).

I've been really tolerant of the various glitches through the changeover but must say the w/l thing is a little annoying, especially during a PA sale.

Thank you so much for this info - now at least I have a list in case the situation gets any worse!

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited September 2012

I happened to notice "Heart of the Matter" was not in my wishlist. I have around 150 items in my wishlist, I just happened to notice it missing. I tried adding it again and it said it added to my wishlist, but of course it is not there. I wonder how many other things are missing from the list.

I also noticed there has not been an answer given as to why this is happening.

Another bugaboo. When will it end?

I have stayed out the forums for awhile because it is so depressing how screwed up everything is. No matter how much better they feel this new software is, I would still rather have the old store back. The new store has been nothing but a headache for everyone.

Edited to say I only counted 74 items in my list of around 150.

I wonder how many things I could have missed purchasing that have been on sale?

Post edited by ledhead on
  • ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Penname said:

That did seem to work emailing my list to myself.

Thx for the tip!

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Happened to me, too.
    I have a theory that is still in the early stages of testing the math and physics involved.
    For the time being I am calling it the "Magento Triangle".
    John

• s l fs l f Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

Penname said:

Thanks very much for this tip. :) Wish I had thought of it myself earlier before the PA sales started. I knew there were quite a few items missing from my Wishlist page at Daz but I didn't realise how many there really were missing until I shared my wishlist with myself.

• Alpha ChannelAlpha Channel Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

And to me as well, though some of the thing I has on my wishlist aren't marked as In Stock and won't add to the wishlist (but will go in my cart), go figure.