Hello, boys! I'm back!

2»

Comments

• RorrKonnRorrKonn Posts: 509
    edited December 1969

O ya I have some of your stuff back from the Gen3 Days

Any thing and every thing that looks Post Apocalyptic.
    or at least dirty ,broken and ripped would help.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Hey - even when old they are good!
    And the Treadz - yay!
    because shoes don't convert well for Genesis.

• the3dwizardthe3dwizard Posts: 495
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:

What 3d apps are you using nowadays?

I used Rhino for a while and then Lightwave. However I have been using Modo since version 103 and now use Modo 601 almost exclusively for modeling. Textures are done in Modo and PSP.

As far a shoes I hear you, the auto conforming doesn't work well for feet. BTW here are the shoes I am working on for the bodysuit (WIP).

partyshoes.jpg
    854 x 686 - 79K
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Hellz YEAH, platform pumps. Hellz yeah. *chuckle*

Give me your jeans with the bell bottoms, make a zodiac medallion necklace, a black power pick to I can shape my fro to spherical perfection and I will be groovin'.

A tie dye shirt that shows my chest hair would be awesome to boot. *laugh*

Oh... there for women?

Um... I knew that.

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

Jeanz for Genesis (males). Seriously, neither Genesis nor M4 has great jeans. Also, more clothing for the mens.

Nice to see you back :)

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited September 2012

araneldon said:
    Jeanz for Genesis (males). Seriously, neither Genesis nor M4 has great jeans. Also, more clothing for the mens . . .

Really waist-high belly-button crossing jeans, yeah. Too many attempts at Genesis unisex pants leave the guys in low-riding hip-huggers, because they look sexy on the girls. I'm a girl, and I wear waist-high jeans!
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on
  • roberthutchinsonroberthutchinson Posts: 306
    edited December 1969

How about some victorian type dress ware for genesis? More lingere would be nice for genesis.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

How about some victorian type dress ware for genesis? More lingere would be nice for genesis.

Victorian garb in general. It is hard to find a gentleman's coat from before the turn of the century. We need some nice digs for the more gentlemanly of the Steampunk set.

edited December 1969

Victorian might be fun to do. I wouldn't mind doing lingerie but would I be able to sell it here?

BTW those who use Facebook I set a page where I will be putting up WIP images. So if you are interested use the link below. Be sure to like it to receive updates.

Cheers!

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

Victorian might be fun to do. I wouldn't mind doing lingerie but would I be able to sell it here?

BTW those who use Facebook I set a page where I will be putting up WIP images. So if you are interested use the link below. Be sure to like it to receive updates.

Cheers!

Probably not, on the lingerie track. They haven't got age-based image restrictions on promo images, and they're probably not in a hurry to implement it, which severely hampers that kind of object. (That said, lingerie with action morphs would be awesome; see my next comment.)

JeanZ is one of the big ones for me... The lack of jeans (clothes in general) with 'action morphs' (as opposed to 'fit morphs') is appalling, and while JeanZ auto-fits normal characters surprisingly well under 4.5, I'd still prefer something which was built for Genesis.

In fact, if you were to go down the path of general clothing with good action morphs, I believe that'd be a win.

-- Morgan

edited September 2012

Actually I didn't think the fit for the various auto morphs was all the good. I ended up doing them all by hand so they would look right to me.

Action morphs like this Or were you thinking of something else?

I posted the rest of the promos on my Facebook page.

Cheers!

genesis-jeanz-thmb1.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 408K
    Post edited by the3dwizard on
  • zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:

Victorian garb in general. It is hard to find a gentleman's coat from before the turn of the century. We need some nice digs for the more gentlemanly of the Steampunk set.

Ditto this. :D Google "Black Butler."

Also... Pockets. Belts with pockets/pouches. Vests with pockets. And anything like the clothes here:: http://www.gentlemansemporium.com/gentlemans.php

edited December 1969

Actually I didn't think the fit for the various auto morphs was all the good. I ended up doing them all by hand so they would look right to me.

Cheers!

YES!
    How long till I can buy them?

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

Cheers!

Those are precisely what I mean by action morphs; they are doing something active with the model, not just adjusting it for fit. So many 3D clothes-makers think that their clothes are only going to be worn one way, and will be static, maybe only adjusting for the occasional odd bend. You can't untuck one shirt-tail to show disheveled, you can't hang a slipper from the toes of your character, many shirts and dresses can't even be opened where there are obvious buttons, and most pants are static items that don't unbutton/zip, much less slide down in a dressing/undressing action. I make a point to buy everyday clothes where the author has put in the effort to make shirts open, jackets unzip, etc., because I'm simply not knowledgable enough to export to hexagon, edit the mesh to look like I want it to, and import it back... :-)

The Genesis promos look great (my internal copy editor needs to tell you that Skinny is misspelled on the morphs page) and I'd buy it immediately at the JeanZ price or a bit more; the 4.5 auto-fits of the V4 JeanZ work well enough to be more useful than most other jeans are, but of course I'd love the fit hand-tuned for Genesis. ;-)

-- Morgan

edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:

The Genesis promos look great (my internal copy editor needs to tell you that Skinny is misspelled on the morphs page) and I'd buy it immediately at the JeanZ price or a bit more; the 4.5 auto-fits of the V4 JeanZ work well enough to be more useful than most other jeans are, but of course I'd love the fit hand-tuned for Genesis. ;-)

-- Morgan

Opps, no spell check in Paint Shop Pro, :red:

Thanks!

• TorbyTorby Posts: 250
    edited September 2012

Clothes! Make clothes like people wear.

Yes, one of the first things I noticed was the clothes only went on. Not part way, not off, though I did Z scale one to like 3% to lay it on the floor.

He was slipping out of his pants, so he grabbed them. But since I couldn't get his pants to go down (up?) I took them out and carefully cropped :cheese: (This was "Millennium Preschooler." I don't remember what pants.) I do have a shirt for hiro with a morph for how buttoned is the collar.

m3.jpg
    581 x 554 - 245K
    m2.jpg
    581 x 554 - 188K
    Post edited by Torby on
    edited December 1969

Hello?
    *knocks at the door*

edited December 1969

Still here, moving a little slowly. Plan to have some updates soon that I will post on my Facebook page first.

Cheers!

edited December 1969

Nice to hear you didn't abandon us! :)
    Merry christmas!

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Cheers!

Those look great to me!

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Nice to hear you didn't abandon us! :)
    Merry christmas!

Nope, but since I am some what limited on commercial posts here I have started posting WIP on my Facebook page. Just uploaded some for the Genesis TreadZ. When I get closer to completion I post promos in a new thread here.

Cheers!
    Phillip

edited December 1969

Not being on Facebook ...
    But there is a commercial forum here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/505/
    Everybody is allowed to post commercial posts there.