RawArt News and Updates

Comments

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,731
    edited December 1969

Glad you all had fun....so did I :)

I have a new product coming out soon...wonder if I should repurpose this thread, or let the new post get lost however many pages back it would appear now...hmmmmm

Rawn

• DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473
    edited December 1969

Hey, it's the day and age... recycle buddy ;)

edited May 2012

Coming soon!

The Oagre
    for Genesis

Brutish and savage, this is the classic Ogre.

A large monstrosity to truely terrorize any fantasy scene.

This set includes male and female Ogres with additional scar and war paint options, to make an entire clan.

Plus, new SSS maps allow these characters to be rendered with an even greater lifelike quality.

Product Includes:

• One Female Ogre Morph
    • One Male Ogre Morph
    • Ear Ring Prop
    • One Female Ogre MAT (with displacement, specularity and SSS maps)
    • One Male Ogre MAT (with displacement, specularity and SSS maps)
    • One Painted Face MAT
    • One Painted Torso MAT
    • One Scar Face MAT
    • One Scar Torso MAT

Oagre-POP4.jpg
    500 x 650 - 150K
    Oagre-POP1.jpg
    500 x 650 - 133K
    Oagre-Main.jpg
    500 x 650 - 169K
    Post edited by RawArt on
  • LoaarLoaar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Looks great. Is it a standalone figure or a genesis add on?

edited December 1969

Loaar said:
    Looks great. Is it a standalone figure or a genesis add on?

Opps...its for Genesis.
    I will add that

Thanx

:coolsmile:

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

:O I want that ogre. That's the best ogre I've ever seen.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

:coolgrin: I try my best :coolsmirk:

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

looking kool Rawn

edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    Skiriki said:

:coolgrin: I try my best :coolsmirk:

You sure do!

• AntManAntMan Posts: 2,019
    edited December 1969

As always way cool stuff man!

edited December 1969

I knew it...as soon as I post to advertise a new product...DAZ goes and fixes the forum ordering...sighhh

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

Today is your 7th day so you can start a new commercial.

edited December 1969

New posts go to the back of the line so your in good shape. Except for the whole store under construction thing.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

New posts go to the back of the line so your in good shape. Except for the whole store under construction thing.

No, fixed today, new threads go to the top.

edited December 1969

Progress!!!!! That's encouraging

edited December 1969

Progress!!!!! That's encouraging

Yeah, I'll squeal with joy when they get "sort by latest post" instead of "original post date" working. :)

• 3DProclivity3DProclivity Posts: 538
    edited June 2012

Thank you Rawn for Elebeast. As promised here is my very first render with him. I really love this character and look forward to doing more with him. (Sorry for the small image size. Looks better larger but I had enough trouble getting one image uploaded today.)

Elebeast2.jpg
    710 x 845 - 364K
    Post edited by 3DProclivity on
  • namretteknamrettek Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

Well I just bought the Raw Oagre. It looks really cool. The mats are great, and I like that the heads are separate!

I finally found it on this Daz3d.com WIP site and dared to check out with it.

There were some problems, however.

I'm not blaming RawArt (as PA's don't do the QA!) for the following just putting it here for anyone who cannot locate the Oagres -

It took me about five minutes to find the Oagres in Daz Studio (and I know my way around DS).

The content locations are completely messed up!

I found it in the content library under Shader Presets and doesn't come up under smart content except under Products (which I have never liked to use because it has a mess of problems - especially older content).

This is a minor problem today, but messed up content locations become big problems later on (when one has forgotten solutions found months earlier...)

I am NOT using RC1 yet, and that may be part of the problem, but all products should work on their CURRENT STABLE software. Plus who knows what DS 4.5 is going to cost, If I switch all my content to it and get it running and then find out I have to PAY to keep using it I will probably burst a blood vessel!

But, including how MESSED up the site is (it took me jumping through a lot of hoops to buy this) I guess I shouldn't be too surprised...

Sorry for ranting on your forum RawArt, It's not your fault.

Great job RawArt the Oagres are really cool. Not so great job Daz! Very disappointing.

edited June 2012

Er... 4.5 will be free. At least that's the impression I got from test announcements.

Post edited by Skiriki on
    edited December 1969

Thank you Rawn for Elebeast. As promised here is my very first render with him. I really love this character and look forward to doing more with him. (Sorry for the small image size. Looks better larger but I had enough trouble getting one image uploaded today.)

Amazing picture 3DProclivity!!!!

I totally Love it!

edited December 1969

namrettek said:
    Well I just bought the Raw Oagre. It looks really cool. The mats are great, and I like that the heads are separate!

I finally found it on this Daz3d.com WIP site and dared to check out with it.

There were some problems, however.

I'm not blaming RawArt (as PA's don't do the QA!) for the following just putting it here for anyone who cannot locate the Oagres -

It took me about five minutes to find the Oagres in Daz Studio (and I know my way around DS).

The content locations are completely messed up!

I found it in the content library under Shader Presets and doesn't come up under smart content except under Products (which I have never liked to use because it has a mess of problems - especially older content).

This is a minor problem today, but messed up content locations become big problems later on (when one has forgotten solutions found months earlier...)

I am NOT using RC1 yet, and that may be part of the problem, but all products should work on their CURRENT STABLE software. Plus who knows what DS 4.5 is going to cost, If I switch all my content to it and get it running and then find out I have to PAY to keep using it I will probably burst a blood vessel!

But, including how MESSED up the site is (it took me jumping through a lot of hoops to buy this) I guess I shouldn't be too surprised...

Sorry for ranting on your forum RawArt, It's not your fault.

Great job RawArt the Oagres are really cool. Not so great job Daz! Very disappointing.

I am sorry you ran into issues with the product. I have sent a note off to DAZ's qa to double check the settings.
    The files should be found in "My Library/presets/characters/RawArt/Raw_Oagre"
    (thats where all my sets are supposed to be)

Rawn

• namretteknamrettek Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

No need for you to be sorry RawArt. I know PA's don't do the final adjustments (and even if you did it should be caught during quality control!!). I just wanted to let you know so Daz knew to fix the problem. Then I kind of went off on a tirade. Sorry about that.

I spent about 20 minutes trying to find Oagres, get it into my cart, and purchase it. (From clicking on the newsletter ad no less!!),
    I'm sure it is frustrating for you to try to sell stuff from a website that isn't really working!

Well, I did get to play with it for a little while and tried out painting some hair on it. Not quite there yet, but I am getting better at painting hair.

The Oagre is really great. The skin is fantastic with nice details. and once I found it had no troubles with it at all.

Oagrewbeard3_small.jpg
    800 x 800 - 471K
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300
    edited December 1969

Oh thats just adorable.

edited December 1969

namrettek said:
    No need for you to be sorry RawArt. I know PA's don't do the final adjustments (and even if you did it should be caught during quality control!!). I just wanted to let you know so Daz knew to fix the problem. Then I kind of went off on a tirade. Sorry about that.

I spent about 20 minutes trying to find Oagres, get it into my cart, and purchase it. (From clicking on the newsletter ad no less!!),
    I'm sure it is frustrating for you to try to sell stuff from a website that isn't really working!

Well, I did get to play with it for a little while and tried out painting some hair on it. Not quite there yet, but I am getting better at painting hair.

The Oagre is really great. The skin is fantastic with nice details. and once I found it had no troubles with it at all.

Hah!...the hair looks great!

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Cute fella!

edited December 1969

A couple I've been playing with

Oagre2.jpg
    800 x 515 - 339K
    Oagre3.jpg
    565 x 800 - 176K
    edited December 1969

A couple I've been playing with

Very cool scorpio64dragon!

I love that couple shot....such an unlikely couple (makes it all the more touching)

edited December 1969

Laughed my butt off to the first one. :D

Second one reminds me of Order of the Stick and origins of Therkla, the half-orc assassin.

• 3DProclivity3DProclivity Posts: 538
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:

Amazing picture 3DProclivity!!!!

I totally Love it!

Glad you like it. :)

You are welcome to use it to promote Elebeast.

(BTW, the background image is not a render. It is a cropped version of a photo released to the public domain by Larisa Larisa. Attribution is not required but I just have to give her credit. It was the perfect shot by itself and ideal for what I wanted to accomplish with this amazing character.)

edited June 2012

Another Oagre

Image remove for image size. Please refer to this for details. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/98/

Smaller version

Oagre1sm.jpg
    800 x 565 - 280K
    Post edited by scorpio on