Heavy, ornate armor - for Genesis! The Genesis Cavalier! [Commercial]

ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417
edited September 2012 in The Commons

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/genesis-cavalier

"Thou Sir Launcelot, there thou liest, that thou were never matched of earthly knight's hand. And thou were the courteoust knight that ever bare shield. And thou were the truest friend to thy lover that ever bestrad horse. And thou were the truest lover of a sinful man that ever loved woman. And thou were the kindest man that ever struck with sword. And thou were the goodliest person that ever came among press of knights. And thou were the meekest man and the gentlest that ever ate in hall among ladies. And thou were the sternest knight to thy mortal foe that ever put spear in the rest. "

The knight is the pinnacle of the ideals of chivalry - as noted by Sir Thomas Mallory, above, he should be courteous, loyal, kind when it is called for, and yet merciless against his foes. And the greatest symbol of the true knight in modern eyes is the full suit of plate. Thus it is that I bring you the Genesis Cavalier. Now your own Genesis creations can be lapped in proof, though no Belladonna's bridegroom he or she be - unless you wish it.
Not only does the Genesis Cavalier include seven different conformers, it also includes no less than THREE different texture sets - Steel, Black with gold detailing, and a "Paladin" set that's silver with gold detailing.

In addition, it includes three different Maille second skins to fit three different UV sets - M4, V5, and M5 - so the full armor can fit on your favorite texture sets!

Be ready, and enjoy!

Title edited by Moderator to add Commercial tag

Post edited by fixmypcmike on

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I so wish I still had my AD&D troop. Great stuff for the games we used to play. I still got to have this.

• ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I so wish I still had my AD&D troop. Great stuff for the games we used to play. I still got to have this.

Heh, the second pic up there was inspired by a certain infamous drawing in the 1st Ed PHB - "A Paladin in Hell" :D

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited September 2012

In case anyone didn't notice, that leftmost figure in the first image is a lady knight. :D Look, Ma, no clingwrap!

I know some people have mixed feelings about Genesis, but I think this set really shows the strength of the platform. (Troll paladin, anyone?)

Post edited by zigraphix on
    edited December 1969

Speaking of Valandar products, does anyone have a sample image handy that shows the lowest layer of the Harbinger skirt hidden? Is it a separate MAT zone? I like the whole flowing gown concept, but I might get more use out of it if I can also use just the top two layers, or even the top layer over another skirt. (I do love kit-bashing!)

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/the-harbinger

• Chris BarnesChris Barnes Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

zigraphix said:
    In case anyone didn't notice, that leftmost figure in the first image is a lady knight. :D Look, Ma, no clingwrap!

I know some people have mixed feelings about Genesis, but I think this set really shows the strength of the platform. (Troll paladin, anyone?)

So true. Back in the day, things like this were usually just made for M4, leaving V4 with an assortment of chainmail bikinis.

edited September 2012

zigraphix said:
    Speaking of Valandar products, does anyone have a sample image handy that shows the lowest layer of the Harbinger skirt hidden? Is it a separate MAT zone? I like the whole flowing gown concept, but I might get more use out of it if I can also use just the top two layers, or even the top layer over another skirt. (I do love kit-bashing!)

Image? Not off hand... but the gown separates into the "Outer Gown" (sleeves and effectively a medium skirt), "Mid Gown" (which almost scrapes her toes), and the "Under Gown" which is most of the looooong flowy, as material zones.

Post edited by Valandar on
    edited December 1969

Valandar said:
    zigraphix said:

Image? Not off hand... but the gown separates into the "Outer Gown" (sleeves and effectively a medium skirt), "Mid Gown" (which almost scrapes her toes), and the "Under Gown" which is most of the looooong flowy, as material zones.

Thanks! :)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

zigraphix said:

I noticed. As soon as I noticed, I clicked "Add to cart" button.

I WANTS MOAR ARMOR WHICH ISN'T CLINGWRAP OR BOOBPLATES, THANK YOO.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,352
    edited December 1969

VERY COOL pack Val.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    VERY COOL pack Val.

Thankys. :D

• RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 899
    edited December 1969

This set definitely deserves support. In my cart it goes!

• RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 899
    edited December 1969

Though I do have to ask about that shield and sword. What product are they from?

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,807
    edited December 1969

Exquisite armor set. The one thing that bothers me are the knee pieces, which look as if they'd trap a downward blow. Real armor was designed as much as possible to deflect blows - the enemy's weapon should hit the armor and slide off, dissipating the force of the blow and carrying it away from vital parts of the body.

I'm curious to know if you found a reference image that shows a suit of armor with that feature, or if it was an invention of your own.

Of course all that's just nit-picking (in other news, most experts agree that chainmail bikinis do not offer sufficient protection to female fighters and may cause chafing or discomfort). It's certainly not going to stop me buying the armor, which looks excellent.

edited December 1969

Though I do have to ask about that shield and sword. What product are they from?

Shields:
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/fantasy-shields

Sword:
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/order-of-steel

:D

• DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,550
    edited December 1969

Amazing work Val. Finally, our women can get some real body protection. I'm lookinig forward to using it.
    cheers!

• edited December 1969

Valandar said:
    Jaderail said:

Heh, the second pic up there was inspired by a certain infamous drawing in the 1st Ed PHB - "A Paladin in Hell" :D

hehe I knew it soon as I saw it!! Well done, sirrah or lady! :)
    Always loved some of the superb art in the AD&D books, one of my faves is the sort of gladiator with two handed sword challenging a lizard king, in the original Fiend Folio, pure classic art (alas I don't know that FF picture's proper title and cna't find it on net, sigh)

And of course, the Fiend Folio art gave us the drow and the githyanki and their art set the tone ever since.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_6xoH967aC00/S_p6LK5Gu1I/AAAAAAAAYSY/O7BmwCvknsc/s1600/ff-drow.jpg

My thanks to the creator of this armour set for genesis, and all the great content makers over the years for giving me and others the items to let our dreams come alive! *applause* :)

edited December 1969

Valandar said:
    Jaderail said:

Always loved some of the superb art in the AD&D books, one of my faves is the sort of gladiator with two handed sword challenging a lizard king, in the original Fiend Folio, pure classic art (alas I don't know that FF picture's proper title and cna't find it on net, sigh)

And of course, the Fiend Folio art gave us the drow and the githyanki and their art set the tone ever since.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_6xoH967aC00/S_p6LK5Gu1I/AAAAAAAAYSY/O7BmwCvknsc/s1600/ff-drow.jpg

My thanks to the creator of this armour set for genesis, and all the great content makers over the years for giving me and others the items to let our dreams come alive! *applause* :)

Is this the pic you're talking about?

lizardking.jpg
    887 x 1200 - 330K
    edited December 1969

Silverblade?

Meanwhile, anybody do any cool renders with it yet? :D

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Not YET! I'm still playing with my Drow. Give ma a few days, I'm digging out my Books for this one. :cheese:

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Nope...Paladin in Hell!

paladininhell.jpg
    800 x 1085 - 235K
  • edited December 1969

Valandar said:
    Valandar said:
    Jaderail said:

Is this the pic you're talking about?

that's the one! :)

edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    Nope...Paladin in Hell!

I know that one, I was just asking Silverblade if the pic I posted was the one he was thinking of, which he just now confirmed. :D

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

In the infamous words of Dirk the Daring...
    "Well I'll be skullduggered..."

skullduggered.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 387K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

zigraphix said:

Be very cool if the Harbinger outfit could be converted over to Genesis. Never picked this up for V4 but could see using parts of it on Genesis male!

Picked up your new armor... DOOD.... 332 Mb's OMG! *falls over* I'm sure it's just jam packed with goodies but wow.... hehehe :P

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    zigraphix said:

Be very cool if the Harbinger outfit could be converted over to Genesis. Never picked this up for V4 but could see using parts of it on Genesis male!

Picked up your new armor... DOOD.... 332 Mb's OMG! *falls over* I'm sure it's just jam packed with goodies but wow.... hehehe :P

Yeah - that's the result of three different hi-res bodysuit textures (V5, M4, and M5 UV's, 4k x 4k body and limb maps of various types) and three different hi-res textures for the armor itself (Steel, Black, and paladin, for all parts, including Displacement - only 1 for each - diffuse, and specular/reflectivity, for 8 materials, all also 4k x 4k)... oh, and a simple 256x256 reflection map as default...

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Not complaining but with DAZ still not showing the size when downloading it's like "mystery meat" lmao

edited December 1969

Hopefully that's something that will get rectified soo... err, with alacrity.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Welp, I'm doing a rendering commission and using this armor for the fighter-y dude in it. Will post renders later. :)

edited December 1969

Ouch! Poor giant!