PC Subscription Problems

Comments

• edited December 1969

Well, I just checked the following:

-Under 'My Account', 'My Subscriptions', which lists the PC membership. (Although I will keep an eye on it over the next couple of weeks.)
    -My wishlist, which has the PC member prices listed, so that means it's active.
    -the PC members forum, which I was able to get into, again, telling me it's active.
    -My bank site to check if the payment had gone through on my travel card. It had, and for the price I was given - plus exchange rate. (I live in Toronto, and the CDN is about 97 cents US today.)

(I use a pre-paid travel card instead of a regular CC because I can't get a regular CC ATM - one credit agency is stubbornly insisting their computer system is right about something that is wrong. Also, it helps me to be able to regulate how much I can spend per month.)

• Michael CMichael C Posts: 76
    edited December 1969

My membership also lapsed for the first time in years. I checked the subscription status and found it expired with a note that I needed to manually renew it. I did, so now I'm wondering 1. Will that work? and 2. will the system kick in and effectively double bill me? Now I see that the confirmation e-mail says Subscription start: 6/28/12!

• edited December 1969

Ooooo....you're actually getting an extra two days on me. ;)

Seriously though, I'm really starting to wonder if such a total overhaul was really necessary. I mean, I've seen too many times in the past where a company or someone in an organization has said, "Hey! This is great, let's do this!" without asking two things:

1) Is it doable?
    2) Is it necessary for the company?

All too often it seems like many of these 'improvements' - both with online and bricks-and-morter companies - are done because "It's new and shiny and will attract new customers!" (Customers often with the attention span of a hyperactive Mayfly.) Just because it's new and shiny doesn't mean it'll be good.

(I firmly believe that one iconic Canadian retailer, Eaton's, went under partially because it tried rebranding itself three times in under a decade because they probably felt that was the only way to attract new clientel.)

Just my two cents on the matter. Although I'm sure that if DAZ had done a lot more in-house testing there wouldn't be as much in the way of complaints now.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,783
    edited December 1969

I just discovered that I can't access the PC forum and all $1.99 items aren't $1.99. To add insult, today's automatic renewal is in my order history. :shut:

I filed a support ticked, but Golly! >:(

• Michael CMichael C Posts: 76
    edited December 1969

I logged out and in and found my membership restored, although the subscription page still says it won't start until the end of June. Now I'm really wondering about getting billed again if not now, then.

Ferrio67 said:
    Ooooo....you're actually getting an extra two days on me. ;)
    Seriously though, I'm really starting to wonder if such a total overhaul was really necessary.

My opinion is no, an overhaul was not necessary. DAZ bought the whole new package and got the proverbial "pig in a poke". If I were running the company, someone would be out of a job. Folk here are very loyal, but I see a lot of patience being tried. I'm guessing other stores are taking lesson from this mess, if they're not gloating.

• LynnInDenverLynnInDenver Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

I went ahead and filed a ticket myself, my own membership doesn't seem to have auto-renewed.

• Mark C HollowayMark C Holloway Posts: 141
    edited December 1969

Read our post here about this problem, http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/972/

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,342
    edited December 1969

Thread merged since it was the same concern.

• CherokeeCherokee Posts: 292
    edited May 2012

I just found out I'm having the same problem. I've been paying monthly and my last PC Membership expired on 5/12/12 and didn't renew this time. Please get the problem fixed. I've been a PC Member since 2006 and I want my PC Membership back. Thank you.

Post edited by Cherokee on
  • grpruettgrpruett Posts: 255
    edited December 1969

jferio said:
    I went ahead and filed a ticket myself, my own membership doesn't seem to have auto-renewed.

How do you file a ticket for this?

• LynnInDenverLynnInDenver Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

I did it right here. Got an email back that acknowledged the filing.

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/requests/new

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

jferio said:

How do you file a ticket for this?

From the top of this page go to Help > Contact Us, and select Sales Support to send the ticket to.

• MistaD2047MistaD2047 Posts: 335
    edited December 1969

So I'm a PC member (heck I got double billed recently and sent in a support ticket) and I'm browsing the store and click the 1.99 product filter which at the time is Super suit Cape, Supersuit Boots & Belt and Hero vs Anti-Hero.

However the store doesn't seem to recognize me as a PC member even though I was recently double billed? So umm. What the heck?

Should I put another support ticket in? Or is this just another one of the new store burps?

edited December 1969

Try emptying your cart, logging out, and logging in again, then add it again.

• lordcoyotelordcoyote Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

My Platinum club membership did not renew either. And I set it to renew automatically each month. And I tried to submit a ticket but couldn't.

• MistaD2047MistaD2047 Posts: 335
    edited December 1969

I've tried that but it didn't work. And now I can't even access the members forum. So I'm not sure what the heck is going on now. Cuz my renewal order(s) went through on both my account and my PayPal. Now I have 3 support tickets going. (sigh and I really wanted those new items for my super renders. But I'm not going to buy at full price when I "supposedly" am a member)

edited December 1969

Merged with main thread on PC subscription problems.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,490
    edited December 1969

I dont even know where to check plat membership. And currently far as i can tell there are only 3 items in the PC price range... if there's more I don't know how to make them show. :(

edited December 1969

I dont even know where to check plat membership. And currently far as i can tell there are only 3 items in the PC price range... if there's more I don't know how to make them show. :(

They haven't added all the old PC items to that new category. To see them all, first view all items with this link:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/people?cat=2

Then filter by Platinum Club > $1.99 items

• CurtCurt Posts: 8
    edited December 1969

Hi, add me to the list of folks that pay monthly and now were not renewed. Maybe they are being subtle and telling us they aren't interested in our business. If this had been the first time I would be more patient but this has happened at least twice in my account history and it gets old. I submitted a help ticket so maybe it will get fixed, maybe, perhaps.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Another merge done

• misterskutsmisterskuts Posts: 60
    edited December 1969

Did my account auto-renew? Am I still a member? How can I find out what's happening with my PC account?

edited December 1969

Moving you over to the main thread on this issue

• misterskutsmisterskuts Posts: 60
    edited May 2012

Horrors! Whatever shall become of us?

Post edited by misterskuts on
  • wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Is this another store feature? Was I bumped or did I un-enlist from the Platinum Club?
    -
    I don't even know how to find out. Can't get to the PC forum... My account is (was) set to auto renew... Anyone else?

edited December 1969

Moving you to the main thread about this issue

• MarcosDKMarcosDK Posts: 120
    edited December 1969

I'm PC member since march 2011 and, this morning, when I was to make a purchase I checked the price was not right. When checking my subscription I saw that had expired! How is this possible? What happened? I lost my membership?

• RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 899
    edited December 1969

The same thing happened to me. I sent a support ticket in but have not yet heard back. I'm not going to resubscribe and pay the $30 first month fee when I never wanted to unsubscribe in the first place and the new site just did it for me.

edited December 1969

Merging with the main thread on this issue

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,126
    edited December 1969

Add me to the list of monthly auto-renew subscribers that got dumped. My Subscription shows a status of expired, I can't get to the Members Only forum, and I don't see PC prices in the store. I sent email to the support address posted in the forums several days ago, asking about my PC status, but got no reply. Yesterday I submitted a zendesk ticket on the same subject. I only got the auto-reply of request received - no answer yet. >:(