Was Taiga ever fixed?..*turns out she was never broke... :) *SOLVED*

RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
edited September 2012 in The Commons

Taiga was a figure that came out for Genesis a while back but she had an odd deformation to her eyelashes whenever she was rendered. I bought her originally but then returned her when I discovered this.

I actually liked the morph. Has this eyelash issue ever been rectified?

Post edited by RKane_1 on

Comments

• PuntomausPuntomaus Posts: 450
    edited December 1969

I never encountered any eyelash deformation and I've got her when she was released. Here's a render Taiga out of the box - eyelashes look ok to me.

taigadefault.jpg
    500 x 650 - 142K
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

I think it was only in combination with other morphs.

There is a thread about it on the old forum. Let me see if I can dig it up.

edited December 1969

Here's the link to the old forum. It had to do with her hair and the way it deformed around her eyes, I believe.

I was just wondering becasue otherwise, I would love to have her back.

Problem with Taiga for Genesis

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

The important hair fit stuff from the old forum for her is also on the new forum in this thread.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3238/

Thorne has a link to zip that has a hair fit pose in both the old forum thread and the new forum thread.

A link to the new forum thread dealing with her hair and to the zip is also in the current genesis product version thread, in the first post of that thread.

edited December 1969

So is the problem circumvented by changing the hair and not the model? I am sorry, I don't quite understand. My humblest apologies.

Is the problem that existed before something that has been updated and changed by the vendor so that it works perfectly with the current update of the figure? If so, I will repurchase. if not I will hold off for now.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

The problem is that any hair model that is conformed to Genesis tries to follow all of Genesis' morphs, including facial ones. So sometimes hair (and it's not just with Taiga, I've had it happen with my own dial spins) will deform weirdly because of the facial morphs.

In Taiga's case, the second layer of eyelashes is hidden, which draws the hair in.

My solution has been to go to the properties tab, Show Hidden Properties, and then to zero out any facial morphs on the hair figure. This fixes about 75%-100% (depending on the hair model and the morphs involved) of the issues with the hair.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited September 2012

I follow the same process as DaWaterRat mentioned and it works all the time. This is the same fix for when you have elf ears on a character and the hair tries to follow it.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
    edited September 2012

Wow!

Good to know!

Thank you for sharing that with me!

Now I feel bad for returning Taiga. :\

Man, I hope Thorne is on PA sale soon. :)

Post edited by RKane_1 on
  • Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited September 2012

RKane_1 said:
    Wow!

Good to know!

Thank you for sharing that with me!

Now I feel bad for returning Taiga. :\

Man, I hope Thorne is on PA sale soon. :)

Taiga is a DazOriginal: taiga-for-genesis so you "only" have to wait until the DO's are on sale again :P
    And if you're a PC member, you can even use your PC-coupon on it...

Love, Jeanne
    Post edited by Jeanne M on
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Jeanne!

• Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited December 1969

You're most welcome :)

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

As was pointed out it is the way that hair fits to custom morphs in Genesis.

Thorne in the thread I gave a link to made a post that goes into extensive detail on the problem and made a free Hair Fit Pose for Taiga so you don't have to do all the adjusting yourself, and gave a link to the fit pose after the detailed explanation of the problem and how to deal with it with Taiga and other Genesis morphs. The post is the 01 July 2012 05:19 PM one in the thread from my previous post. It is worth reading it as you'll run into this problem with other Genesis custom morphs.

The hair fit pose is not included with Taiga, so be sure to download it if you plan to buy her.

The link that Thorne gave for the hair fit pose is.

http://www.ichloe.com/dollies/TaigaHairFitsPose.zip

The fit pose works great and I use it when I've done renders with Taiga.