DecalMaster?

lmoroneylmoroney Posts: 41
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Does anybody know if DecalMaster works with Genesis and/or the Super Suit? It's not a cheap package, and I'd hate to buy it if it doesn't work with these...

It looks pretty -old-, based on the specs.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/decalmaster

Comments

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    edited December 1969

Yes it does, if you export your Genesis content to obj or cr2 files. Or, for tattoos, use V4 or M4 in DecalMaster and then a corresponding UV set on Genesis.

It's a bit tricky (in my experience) to place the decals exactly where you want them, but I guess it just takes practice.

• SyphonapteraSyphonaptera Posts: 190
    edited October 2015

Yes it does, if you export your Genesis content to obj or cr2 files. Or, for tattoos, use V4 or M4 in DecalMaster and then a corresponding UV set on Genesis.

It's a bit tricky (in my experience) to place the decals exactly where you want them, but I guess it just takes practice.

Dearest,

I am trying some stuff with decalmaster but it wont let me import .obj´s outside the Daz 3d library folder.
    It somehow recognises the "Daz library' folder but I noticed it does not 'see'  ALL 3d objects   :(
     The path on my PC is C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documenten\My DAZ 3D Library
    I still use Windows XP Pro 32bit.

Automatic search does nothing , it finds nothing and with Manual search I cannot 'add' other folders with 3d .obj's , it just doesn't recognise them.
    If I copy-paste any .obj from outside the My DAZ 3D Library folder to the inside of the  My DAZ 3D Library folder that ´imported-pasted´  .obj is not visible when  I click on Load figure (?)
    When I click ´load OBJ Mesh´  and select the .obj I want I get an error message )see attachements'

I tried to import an obj file and then export it as a poser .cr2 file ( with Daz 4.8), hoping decalmaster recognises the 3d object after ´conversion´ into.cr2,  but I cannot succeed in that, windows pop up in Daz 4.8 asking me paths, runtime, character etc. etc. (?)See attachements

So in short ;

- Why does decalmaster not recognise all .obj´s?

- What must be selected in Daz 4.8 if I want to export an obj to a cr2 file  ? If I choose ´export´ and then ´as cr2´  windows popup with options I really don´t know what to do with  ;(   See attachments

thnks in advance.
    Anyone with solutions?

Kind regards

Peter/Syphonaptera

DECALMASTER ISSUE 1.JPG
    1280 x 1024 - 73K
    exporting .obj to cr2 attempt 1.JPG
    1280 x 1024 - 124K
    WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE HERE.JPG
    1280 x 1024 - 113K
    Post edited by Syphonaptera on
  • Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933

Hi Syphonaptera,

Decal Master will only recognise Poser Runtime libraries - not the DS-style "My Library" folders or files - and actual Wavefront OBJ files, with the .obj extension ("obj files" does not mean "any random 3D file"). The Poser Runtimes most often use Wavefront OBJ files to store geometry referenced by the CR2. DS files (.duf) use their own geometry format residing in the "data" folder; DecalMaster can't read this data because it predates DS4 by a number of years.

Sometimes you do get obj files coming with "new" DS-specific content, but they are mostly for Poser compatibility; not every DS-specific product will or should include them. This means the export dialogue is your best friend because you can export practically anything you see in the DS viewport.

If you have little experience using CR2 files, your best bet would be to export to OBJ, not CR2. You should hide the objects you don't want to export in the Scene tab beforehand. Then you should choose the "Poser" export preset for the OBJ.

Where you put these exported OBJ files, it does not matter. You just navigate to their location using the "Load OBJ mesh" command in the "Figure" menu.

The "Load figure" command is only for figures in the Poser Runtime structure. If you do have a Poser-compatible Runtime somewhere, you can point Decal Master to it and use it to decorate your Poser figures.

Don't forget to set up texture sizes in the General Options (the "Options" menu).

There is also "quick start guide" found in the "Help" menu that you may also find useful.

Hope this helps.

• Hi Syphonaptera,

Decal Master will only recognise Poser Runtime libraries - not the DS-style "My Library" folders or files - and actual Wavefront OBJ files, with the .obj extension ("obj files" does not mean "any random 3D file"). The Poser Runtimes most often use Wavefront OBJ files to store geometry referenced by the CR2. DS files (.duf) use their own geometry format residing in the "data" folder; DecalMaster can't read this data because it predates DS4 by a number of years.

Sometimes you do get obj files coming with "new" DS-specific content, but they are mostly for Poser compatibility; not every DS-specific product will or should include them. This means the export dialogue is your best friend because you can export practically anything you see in the DS viewport.

If you have little experience using CR2 files, your best bet would be to export to OBJ, not CR2. You should hide the objects you don't want to export in the Scene tab beforehand. Then you should choose the "Poser" export preset for the OBJ.

Where you put these exported OBJ files, it does not matter. You just navigate to their location using the "Load OBJ mesh" command in the "Figure" menu.

The "Load figure" command is only for figures in the Poser Runtime structure. If you do have a Poser-compatible Runtime somewhere, you can point Decal Master to it and use it to decorate your Poser figures.

Don't forget to set up texture sizes in the General Options (the "Options" menu).

There is also "quick start guide" found in the "Help" menu that you may also find useful.

Hope this helps.

Thnks , I'll check it out....