The Dragon Ate My Complaint Thread

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,700
    edited December 1969

I was upset with my stepfather belittling me all the time so I ate organic worms. (Sour gummy worms that is from the health store mum likes. of course I will not go into a bait store and get some night crawlers. I am so against fishing.)

Two things, I like Nightcrawler and I do not want to touch a dead fish. My stepfather offered me to hold his dead fish that he got fishing. I said fish do not like being touched. He asked whose rule is that. It is just experience of having pet fish. They do not like being touched. I can eat fish sticks if they are cod and I have pudding or custard. Other than that I do not like eating fish.

Oh is there any way to make a Nightcrawler with Genesis? or a Remy LeBeau? I could go out on a date with Remy. or maybe go visit New Orleans with him and have him show me the area. (I think he is from New Orleans. I always had that impression that he was) Of course the trip to New Orleans cannot be during peak hurricane season.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited September 2012

There's a Nightcrawler morph at Rendo/ShareCG for Genesis, yeah.

Nightcrawler
    Nocturne

Post edited by Skiriki on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. All quiet here :)

edited December 1969

Everyone is probably playing with the fish-people.

• edited December 1969

@ps1borg, enjoyed the photo you posted earlier. A flower always brightens my day.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,700
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    There's a Nightcrawler morph at Rendo/ShareCG for Genesis, yeah.

Nightcrawler
    Nocturne

I will try to remember them when I get my desktop set up again (or pm you to get the links again) ;-P

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited December 1969

I hadn't realized I moved the camera I had setup while I was going about adding more textures to the scene, so I had to try and recreate the angle I had. I cam very close, but... Well I dunno.
    Not using Camera tonemapping this time, but Reinhard. Gives better colors, but a little less saturated and exposed.
    Right now no postwork yet other than adding the ambient occlusion (Of which Indigo does not have :3 )
    You can tell I is am bored, because I let this render for eight hours XD

IndigoHall_a.jpg
    720 x 1022 - 249K
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

awww - tried to grab this new egg but someone beat me to it

newegg.png
    26 x 28 - 1K
  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Wednesday, Day 2 of vacation! :coolsmile: Busy busy busy...

Today is SEAFOOD DAY, I'm going to go shop for fish, shrimp, crab, and clams and eat DEAD FISH on a PLATE off and on all day. Probably will write some more as well. Typing is slow as my fingers hurt from playing the guitar all the time, oww! After eight years of not playing, no callouses.. ugh. They should grow back in a few months. At least I'm not bleding today!

Yeah, I played until my fingers bled. You don't really notice until you stop, you know. :red: :red:

I was going to go to this place called Joes Crab Shack, but it's about an hour and 45 minutes and takes 2 buses, and aftr a cab feast the LAST thing I want to do is spent hours on a bus going home, so.. home cooking! I can't get fresh crab but what I can get will work out fine.

Already considering a second guitar, for metal. I knew it would happen, but I went and did it anyway, you can't own just ONE guitar. Well, I can't! Shakti is a blues/rock machine, the next one will be for metal/thrash, then I'll need a jazz guitar, and definitely a bass. And either a laptop dedicated to recording or a standalone multitrack recorder. And I'll have to sell the bed, it's taking up too much room!!!

Only slightly kidding about the bed... :red:

I hope I can keep from playing today, my hands need a break. Maybe f I tape 'em up? But my typing would suffer.. argh.

Useless fingers are a PITA. Went to an ortho this morning for trigger finger and arthritis. Came home with 3 c-steroid shots in left palm. Left thumb may need surgery because rider is trying to ride side-saddle due to a bone spur. Should start feeling better in 2 days and go back in 6 weeks. I've been a fast touch-typist for over 50 years and this is irksome to say the least. No way would I try my piano right now.

edited December 1969

Pistol Wyrm! A fully mechanical creature that swallows bullets then shoots them out :3
    I like how he falls flat on his face after the shot XD

pistol_wyrm.gif
    400 x 300 - 710K
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Pistol Wyrm! A fully mechanical creature that swallows bullets then shoots them out :3
    I like how he falls flat on his face after the shot XD

LMAO! A living cannon haha!

edited December 1969

I have an opposite of complaint. So ****ing pleased with myself now, that I could burst. After getting Anubis, and doing some furious mixing with MS Lycan and other things, I have finally recreated one of the iconic Black Spiral Dancers from Werewolf: the Apocalypse (RPG from 90s).

(Black Spiral Dancers are to werewolves what cancer is to healthy human body. Utterly corrupt werewolves who have pledged themselves to chaos, destruction and its spiritual embodiement. Each of them carry the taint of corruption in form of unique mutation.)

My only complaint right now would be "I stayed up 'till 4 am to get this done"...

BSD2.png
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
    edited December 1969

OMFG! WOW!!!! It's like an underworld lycan cross Dragon/Gargoil That has blown me away! :bug: I'm trying to think of a compliment worthy of this masterpiece.

edited December 1969

Whoa that was a long day - haz big tired nao *kerplop*

edited December 1969

OMFG! WOW!!!! It's like an underworld lycan cross Dragon/Gargoil That has blown me away! :bug: I'm trying to think of a compliment worthy of this masterpiece.

It will get better. Oh how it will. Give me some five hours to render.

edited December 1969

You still working on it Skiriki? It looks totally polished off :cheese:

edited December 1969

You still working on it Skiriki? It looks totally polished off :cheese:

Yup, yup. I suddenly recalled that I also have an environment to go with it.

edited December 1969

:wow: OOOOOOO lol Cant wait!

edited December 1969

My my what a coincidence! I was talking with someone about how awesome it would be to see dragons playing chess (Teh winged ones you know), and then just now I find this in me message center~
    It's a komodo dragon playing chess XD
    http://eurwentala.deviantart.com/art/Chess-325601914 (2,000px fullview)

chess_by_eurwentala-d5dus1m.jpg
    720 x 596 - 164K
    edited December 1969

:wow: OOOOOOO lol Cant wait!

7% and 20 minutes -- yeah, you'll be waiting. :lol:

edited December 1969

God... You and your render times ;-P

edited December 1969

God... You and your render times ;-P

In this case...

Transmaps
    Number of critters
    Bump and displacement
    Atmospheric camera (finally decided to try 'em!)

edited September 2012

Skiriki said:

Atmospheric camera (finally decided to try 'em!)

Wuzzat?
    Cinema has a regular camera, a Physical camera, and an option to make a Stereoscopic one. (The only difference bewteen the regular and the physical is that the latter has an ISO, Shutter Speed, F-Stop and some chromatic thingy blurring thingie that the former does not have. Enabling the physical camera also allows the F-Stop to affect the Depth of Field)
    Hurr... My slow render times are usually caused by Indigo and a lot of detailed shadows XD
    *edit* Not really sure, but doesn't using an image for an alpha or similar actually be a bit faster than full physical transparency? It at least has seemed so to me D:
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    My my what a coincidence! I was talking with someone about how awesome it would be to see dragons playing chess (Teh winged ones you know), and then just now I find this in me message center~

Komodo dragons rock, we got mini ones called goanna's not really the same I guess but they move the same way, I could watch them play all day, so familiar yet so alien :)

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Wuzzat?

This! The little tests I did beforehand gave me some really promising results.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Rezca said:

Komodo dragons rock, we got mini ones called goanna's not really the same I guess but they move the same way, I could watch them play all day, so familiar yet so alien :)
    I love 'em too. Monitors are such fascinating buggers XD
    I could say that about all reptiles and many animals in general, but monitors are really special.
    Murr last night I was playing Age of Empires 3 with a friend online (Just the two of us) and I made my first HUGE mistake in an RTS in a long time.
    We were constantly winning 2v2 games without much effort, so I got the brilliant idea to make it a 3v5 game with an AI on our side. Well.... Around an hour into the game our ally sunk and it was a 2v5 game DX
    Long story short, after a LOT of pain, we won. 2v5 and we won. The death count on our side was almost 4,000 and the death count on the enemy side was over 5,600+. XD
    THe game lasted so long there was hadly any trees left on the map, so we saw a literal rainbow of villagers marching across the map to get into our base and chop down the trees there. I never got a screenshot of it :(
    We were beside ourselves with excitement when we won XD

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Rezca said:
    Wuzzat?

This! The little tests I did beforehand gave me some really promising results.
    Seems pretty cool... But you can't get that sort of volumetric lighting without them? D:
    Murr that first image, the fog is awesomeness.

edited December 1969

You probably can, but I have no friggin' idea how, and there are presets that make my life easier and I'm ALL for things that make my life easier...

edited September 2012

Getting volumetric lights in Indigo and Vray is a bit more complicated than in Advanced Render (Cinema's native render thingie). It's simply not possible for me in the former since the only real method right now utilizes SSS which my version of Indigo does not support, and in Vray you need fog which ups the render time considerably.
    One of me tests with Vray fog (Which sucks compared to some alleged "tests" I've seen of VrayFog)
    http://sylxeriaguardian.deviantart.com/art/Dragon-no-rain-302832188
    (If you want to see his pupils, then clicking teh link is a must. I still don't know what the limit is on uplaods here, but it seems to be around 720px wide.)
    SO no real volumetrics going on here, but the "fogless" version of this was a lot more... Clear. And blue.

d8logi76.jpg
    900 x 563 - 164K
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

2000x2000 is the limit here; it resizes pictures and allows you to click on the piccy for a larger one.

And my render just sprung a memory leak, so I had to cancel and I'm re-rendering at 2000x2000 instead of my usual 4000x4000. Good news: this will be faster, even including the time wasted on first one.

This discussion has been closed.