Is it possible to get Daz Studio 2.3 anywhere?

AuroratrekAuroratrek Posts: 201
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I need Daz Studio 2.3 for Windows since I have an old plugin that doesn't work with later versions. Does anybody know if it's possible to get it anywhwere?

Thanks.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You would need to contact Support, Sales department, and ask them. They are usually quite helpfull.

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,762
    edited September 2012

Tim , Forget it !!
    get it out of your mind ..
    ...it wont happen
    I tried in the past to get an older version (2.3.3)
    All Support did was throw ad copy at me about how great DS4 was
    perhaps things have changed on this matter but I doubt it

... move on

Post edited by wolf359 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

Asking doesn't hurt. It may also be worth checking magazine cover discs, if you have a collection, as I think DS2 made at least a couple of appearances on those (though whether the right sub-version or not is another matter).

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
    edited December 1969

You could also purchase this book which includes DS2.3 along with a boat load of great content as well!

-MJ

• edited December 1969

It's on C|Net: http://download.cnet.com/DAZ-Studio/3000-6677_4-10996454.html

I know nothing about whether it wants a serial, or anything else, because I haven't used it since... well, since it was the new hot thing. But, there's the actual 2.3 installer.

edited September 2012

Did you actually test that DL link on Cnet??

Cheers

:shut:

Picture_1.jpg
    755 x 363 - 61K
    Post edited by wolf359 on
  • JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,872
    edited December 1969

MJ007 said:
    You could also purchase this book which includes DS2.3 along with a boat load of great content as well!

-MJ

Beat me to it! :) Yes, this is the only way I know of to guarantee a copy, or like Richard recommended you can possibly still find it on back issues of 3dWorld or something.

• edited December 1969

wolf359 said:
    Did you actually test that DL link on Cnet??

Cheers

:shut:

... ... Wow. That's a whole new kind of broken. *facepalm* Sorry about that.

• ColdrakeColdrake Posts: 236
    edited December 1969

It's working for me. Maybe it's the browser you're using,

Coldrake

dz2.3_.jpg
    854 x 873 - 513K
  • T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited September 2012

Page works for me. But it gives you 4.5.0.114. Just tested it. (Mine is 2.1.1.13 no content, so why not).

Thought I'd save you a much longer download than 2.x. The bit above the button gives a thin hint "A newer version of Daz Studio is available."

I think you're back to the book idea. :-S

A lot of people say the book is a great deal, on the other hand, you've been here since 2003, and might have most of the stuff, on the other other hand, it's cheap.

Post edited by T Jaiman on
    edited December 1969

"Page works for me. But it gives you 4.5.0.114. "

Yep even back when I was able to get a working CNET link I was always re directed to the latest Daz studio version
    Eventually I found my Old 2.3 OSX installer in archive so im good at 2.3.5 with Animate+

Animate+ & the poser format exporter is the only reason I keep DS installed anyway as I use Maxon Cinema4D with Vray + the interposer pro plugin to render my poser content/animation work in C4D.

Cheers

edited December 1969

Can anyone confirm that DS 2.3.3.146 works on Windows7?

-MJ

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

MJ007 said:

-MJ

It works for me, but I get that weird problem with transparencies that you discovered. I thinks that's due to changes in OpenGL rather than Win7, however.

edited April 2015

MJ007 said:

-MJ

It works for me, but I get that weird problem with transparencies that you discovered. I thinks that's due to changes in OpenGL rather than Win7, however.
    I learned that the issues with transparencies are only with whats visable in the Viewport, when it renders, it actually renders perfectly fine.

But thanks for the confirmation. I need to upgrade from WinXP to Win7, but im not ready to upgrade DS versions at this time.

-MJ

Post edited by MJ007 on
  • azvampyreazvampyre Posts: 7
    edited May 2016

I need 2.3 as well. In 2.3 it included the Victoria 4 LOD 1k, 2k, 4k, and 17k. Having come back to use Daz and reloading my original 4k LOD from a V4 I saved, it threw all kinds of problems. Daz 4.9 no longer includes the LOD files, and was told I needed to purchase the newer 4.2 version at $29,95 so I did, then I was told I also needed to purchase the basic kit at $39.95 so I did, then the guy says, oh yeah, you need to purchase the V4 complete asset at $129.95 whicch I did, and NO LOD!!!

Post edited by azvampyre on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited May 2016

DAZ has a 30-day return policy, no questions asked. Contact Customer Service and let them know you want a refund on the items you purchased that didn't solve your problem. Even if it's been more than 30 days, I'd give it a try. Just outline what happened as you did in this post, (with a touch less angst,) and I'm confident they will make it right.

Post edited by fixmypcmike on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147

I need Daz Studio 2.3 for Windows since I have an old plugin that doesn't work with later versions. Does anybody know if it's possible to get it anywhwere?

Thanks.

my account has DAZ|Studio 2.3.3.146 for download

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718

The LoD files are in the Victoria 4 base figure (if you had any purchased version of Victoria 4 that is what you wold get on downloading - no need to buy 4.2 as an update if you already had 4 or 4.1). The files are in:

• /Runtime/Geometries/DAZPeople/blMilWom_v4b_LOD/V4_LOD_17K.obj
    • /Runtime/Geometries/DAZPeople/blMilWom_v4b_LOD/V4_LOD_1K.obj
    • /Runtime/Geometries/DAZPeople/blMilWom_v4b_LOD/V4_LOD_2K.obj
    • /Runtime/Geometries/DAZPeople/blMilWom_v4b_LOD/V4_LOD_4K.obj

You will need to manually load them - Edit>Figure>Geoemtry>Add Level of Detail.

If you have purchased items you didn't need or don't want please make a request for a refund.

• ChuckdozerChuckdozer Posts: 453
    bigh said:

Thanks.

Doesn't it say "inactive"?

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,314
    bigh said:

Thanks.

That means it is not available in the store. But as long as it is your purchase history you can still download it.

• ChuckdozerChuckdozer Posts: 453
    bigh said:

Thanks.

That means it is not available in the store. But as long as it is your purchase history you can still download it.

Looks like you're right.... My bad. blush

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447

For what it's worth, I got my copy of 2.3 from a book, Figures, Characters and Avatars: The Official Guide to Using DAZ Studio to Create Beautiful Art, by Les Pardew.  It was published in 2009, by Course Technology; if memory serves, I got it from Barnes & Noble, back in the day.  Maybe Amazon.  It was a long time, and many, many Martinis, ago.

The book came with a companion DVD, which included a copy of DS 2.3, as well as a crap-load of content -- Michael 4, Victoria 4, assorted hair and clothing....  Just oodles and bunches of stuff.

I never installed it; version 1 left such a bad taste in my mouth that it wasn't until 3.1 was released that I was willing to even look at it again.

Anyway, you might check Amazon, to see if you can scare up an intact copy.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Anyway, you might check Amazon, to see if you can scare up an intact copy.

Yes, you can find them, complete with disk...

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited May 2016

I thought I'd mention this, only because I'm not clear about it myself... A while back I went to recommend this book for the CD, but wasn't sure about some information so I looked it up and noticed that the "Second Edition" made no mention of the CD as the first edition did... Reviews from earlier seem to mention the disc, but later ones just mention the book... I don't know that is an oversight or if it (CD) was no longer included... I'm just bringing that up in case someone wants to look into that or can confirm yes/no... The book was rather "meh", but with the CD it was well worth the price. If it's not still included, make sure you get at least a 2009 or first edition copy.

EDITED TO ADD- I found this... http://edu.cengage.co.uk/catalogue/product.aspx?isbn=1435461207

The review (2nd edition) says that it "includes DAZ Studio 4.0 software" and does not mention the other software or content.

FURTHER EDITED TO ADD- I came across this thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/71541/figures-characters-and-avatars-book-question  about the book and quoting bad4U:

"What someone need to know is that the software CD came only with 1st Edition of the book (ISBN 9781598638165), but no more with 2nd Edition later (9781435461208)."

Post edited by McGyver on
  • Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    McGyver said:

I thought I'd mention this, only because I'm not clear about it myself... A while back I went to recommend this book for the CD, but wasn't sure about some information so I looked it up and noticed that the "Second Edition" made no mention of the CD as the first edition did... Reviews from earlier seem to mention the disc, but later ones just mention the book... I don't know that is an oversight or if it (CD) was no longer included... I'm just bringing that up in case someone wants to look into that or can confirm yes/no... The book was rather "meh", but with the CD it was well worth the price. If it's not still included, make sure you get at least a 2009 or first edition copy.

EDITED TO ADD- I found this... http://edu.cengage.co.uk/catalogue/product.aspx?isbn=1435461207

The review (2nd edition) says that it "includes DAZ Studio 4.0 software" and does not mention the other software or content.

FURTHER EDITED TO ADD- I came across this thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/71541/figures-characters-and-avatars-book-question  about the book and quoting bad4U:

"What someone need to know is that the software CD came only with 1st Edition of the book (ISBN 9781598638165), but no more with 2nd Edition later (9781435461208)."

And I can confirm that the book itself was a bit of a disappointment.  I got it, hoping for some information about the mechanics of DAZ Studio, but about all it covered were the aesthetics of scene composition.  Not at all what I was looking for at the time.

McGyver is right: without the DVD, the book isn't really worth the expense.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116

The LoD files are in the Victoria 4 base figure (if you had any purchased version of Victoria 4 that is what you wold get on downloading - no need to buy 4.2 as an update if you already had 4 or 4.1). The files are in:

• /Runtime/Geometries/DAZPeople/blMilWom_v4b_LOD/V4_LOD_17K.obj
    • /Runtime/Geometries/DAZPeople/blMilWom_v4b_LOD/V4_LOD_1K.obj
    • /Runtime/Geometries/DAZPeople/blMilWom_v4b_LOD/V4_LOD_2K.obj
    • /Runtime/Geometries/DAZPeople/blMilWom_v4b_LOD/V4_LOD_4K.obj

You will need to manually load them - Edit>Figure>Geoemtry>Add Level of Detail.

If you have purchased items you didn't need or don't want please make a request for a refund.

If you have the Power Loader, you don't need to load them manually. Select which LOD's you want in the Advanced > Mesh Resolution tabs of the Power Loader. Then make it active under Parameters tab > Mesh Resolution > Resolution Level.

powerloader_v4lod.PNG
    653 x 648 - 28K
    powerloader_v4lod2.PNG
    1034 x 562 - 195K
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,686

I see two versions of DS2 in my product library but one is a mac version which confuses me as I have not own a mac.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005

I see two versions of DS2 in my product library but one is a mac version which confuses me as I have not own a mac.

You get access to both OS platforms regardless of what you actually own. Which is a bonus, since some software actually requires you to submit a license change when you switch, as the license is specific to the OS.  A huge pain if you ever get fed up with an operating system and go over to the other side... 

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609

Asking doesn't hurt. It may also be worth checking magazine cover discs, if you have a collection, as I think DS2 made at least a couple of appearances on those (though whether the right sub-version or not is another matter).

Have also asked for an older DS4 version once and they gave me a link to download and install it with the result that I got the latest version LoL

• azvampyreazvampyre Posts: 7
    edited May 2016

I finally found the LOD's. I had to download and install the V4 after logging into my account through the DIM instead of the manual install method, which installed the files and PowerLoader into Public/Documents/ instead of User/Documents and now they appear in the PowerLoader. The older format was Poser, so theoretically I guess I did need to upgrade.

Post edited by azvampyre on