How did I become a Platinum Club Member Again?!?!

McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,003
edited September 2012 in The Commons

Okay, what the hell?
Back when the POOP hit the jet engine, and DAZ was all messed up by the site change- I came across a thread that made my go and check on my PC club Credit Card info... I forgot what the hell the problem was (I may be mistaken, but I think it was multiple "copies" of the wrong card info, one I used to use a long time ago)... I tried to correct it but it would not let me do so, fearing charges on a card I no longer use, I tried to suspend the PC Club membership, but the only option was to cancel it all together, which sucked since I lost any remaining days... which was a like a week or so till renewal.

Being that the credit card info would not change, I deleted it all. I check back several times over the next few days and made sure that it was gone.

I also was DEFINITELY NO LONGER A PC CLUB MEMBER. NO ACCESS TO THE PC CLUB FORUMS AND IN MY ACCOUNT SUBSCRIPTIONS IT LISTED: NONE, OR NO SUBSCRIPTIONS...

I still got the newsletter though...

So today I came across this thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6973/
And I noticed the line-"Wow! First we find out that our removed Credit Card accounts might not really be removed. Now this?"

So I thought... Naa... Well... I better check on this because I'll forget about this and if there is a mistake I'll be paying for a membership without knowing or using it...

Well, it pays to check...

Apparently I've been re-subscribed without doing it myself... with CREDIT CARD INFO I DELETED.

I have to sort this out and see how long this has been this way, and what Credit Card is being used...

My point?
1- What the hell DAZ?
2- If you are a former Platinum Club Member check your account to see if you have been renewed without your consent.

I was thinking of rejoining... BUT NOT THIS WAY.

Post edited by McGyver on

Comments

• jmperjmper Posts: 257
    edited December 1969

Under my account profile, how do I check to see if I am a member or not? I knew how to in the old store but I haven't been a member for a looooonnng time and would like to check that.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,003
    edited December 1969

In the account dashboard scroll down to "My Subscriptions"... It should bring up this window-

Picture_2.png
    1007 x 305 - 52K
  • jmperjmper Posts: 257
    edited December 1969

Whew! Thanks, I was worried that what happened to you may have happened to me.

Of course, my deleted credit card info did return...hmmm.

edited December 1969

Okay... more weirdness... I can view the "Members only" forum and post in it... I see PC prices in the store... But, I can not find a charge for the PC membership... My Credit Card profiles are blank (I still haven't reentered a new one)... And I just noticed that although it says "Active" in the subscriptions area, the "next payment" date is today... ?

I don't get it... I'm calling DAZ tomorrow and finding out whats going on.

I better not have been charged 59 times on some credit card I stopped using.

• mrgraphixmrgraphix Posts: 43
    edited September 2012

Same thing happen to me I deleted my credit card information months ago. I get an email conformation on paying 7.95 for PC membership. I did not buy this I canceld my membership and deleted my credit card information and in my account there is no credit card information. Yet it says in subscribtion my next payment for PC membership is due 9/22/12 .... Again I did not purchase a membership and not happy at all DAZ still uses my credit card which I deleted 3 months ago. I put in a support ticket 2 days ago and no word yet so if dont hear nothing today in the morning i have no choice but to take further action another way.... This is wrong if I had any thought of buying products here this just killed it....

Post edited by mrgraphix on
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

When it comes to the PC membership, I always find calling the DAZ office at the toll-free number below will get the best results. I've never had a problem getting a question answered, or a problem fixed, when calling them.

edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    When it comes to the PC membership, I always find calling the DAZ office at the toll-free number below will get the best results. I've never had a problem getting a question answered, or a problem fixed, when calling them.

Thanks for advice Miss B!! There going to recieve a phone call i assure you..

but please dont think my anger is directed at you when i say i feel i shouldnt have to jump through hoops emailing and calling daz and waiting when THEY stole money from me. I use the word STOLE because my CC info. was deleted 3 months ago. There is no possible,logical reason for this kind of mistake.. This sucks when any buisness goes or tries to go all corporate they always fail and loose there loyal customers.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,309
    edited December 1969

It seems to me that people who are not PCmembers have the priveleges and some of us who have paid and should still be members have those priveleges removed - as mine have been. Unfortunately as I'm in the UK phoning them is out of the question, so I just have to wait while they hopefully get this mess sorted out.
    The most frustrating thing is theres nothing I can do and they have the money.
    Things are such a mess here its ridiculous, I really couldn't reccomend Daz or the PC to anyone at the moment.
    The problems with taking unauthorised payments from peoples accounts is scandulous and yet it is being treated as if its no big deal with 'just be patient' platetudes.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Daz is giving a few free months of PC membership.

i had an email saying Welcome Back to the PC club.

there was coupies in it too.

edited December 1969

This is not directed at you personally Misty - but that really gets my goat, I'm paying for the PC and don't have access to the members forum nor am I getting PC prices, but they are giving it away free.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,327
    edited December 1969

Have you submitted a support ticket. You need to if you haven't. That's the only way it can be fixed and its an easy on at that.

edited December 1969

Yes I've submitted a support ticket - but paying members shouldn't be using their priveleges all over the place while others are being given free membership.
    I've been complaining about the 'no subscriptions' error in my account since the change over and now I have no membership at all.
    Yet again paying longstanding members are getting robbed while Daz hands out things free to others.

If its so easy to fix why hasn't it been fixed.

edited December 1969

Yes if this is an easy fix why i have not been refunded my money i sent my ticket in on Sep 04 14:58 .
    I agree with this statement "The problems with taking unauthorised payments from peoples accounts is scandulous and yet it is being treated as if its no big deal with ‘just be patient’ platetudes"

Ive seen that kidna support attitude and been through it which is why 3 months ago i cancled my PC membership and deleted my CC info. Yet Daz takes money from people and it seems to be oh well glitches happen.

Daz can probably afford to have there money taken and wait 2 days to a week to get it back but there are people like me who need there money.

And whats crazy is reading that the people who are still trying to enjoy this website and stay members are haven there privileges not working.

DAZ give me and everyone there money back and at least keep the people who still pay you happy.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

There is an announcement here about cancelling PC membership

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/7225_4/

edited September 2012

I have received no such Email... I checked in my spam folder too... nada. The most recent Email I received was a Platinum Club newsletter, about 2 or 3 days ago... the one with the lookout tower (Parkside head) and the PC coupon code...
    Are you saying they are giving away a month of the Platinum Club to former members to entice them back, or are they giving current members a free month?
    Either way, I received no email about this, nor do I find anything about this at the forums... (without digging through non specific threads)...

Magento strikes again...

I'm sure DAZ is NOT purposely stealing peoples money or trying to take advantage of anyone, this most likely has something to do with how Magento digested the former store renewal data... Not deliberate in my opinion, but not inspiring any confidence in me that there in not a sticky warning us of the possibility of a problem ( like- "YO!.. You folks might wanna check your accounts to see if your accounts match what they are supposed to be... there have been some "minor" glitches"... but maybe with better wording)... I understand to some extent it might be bad for business, but in my opinion it is even worse to let someone discover it for themselves... especially when it includes data that should have been deleted.

To clarify my previous statement... I do not see any credit card info in my account data... it says "No credit card profiles" (or something like that)... and I do not see any charge in my account data... But I was too busy today to call DAZ... (I'm actually on the phone right now with someone else... shows how much I'm paying attention, yeah?).

Did anyone else get the same Email as Misty Whiskey or know of any other notification of such a deal? (I do believe you Misty... really)... (really!)... I'm just curious what its all about.

PS... Y'all have no idea how many times I just typed what the other person on the phone was saying... such bad phone manners I have... But to be honest I check out of that conversation a half hour ago... you can only say "alright, talk to later... " so many times.

Post edited by McGyver on
    edited September 2012

chohole said:

I did that in June. I cancelled my PC membership as described in that post then I deleted my CC information.

I read that "deleting CC information will not cancel your PC membership"

Again i did both exactly as described back in june.

So its not user fault. I put a ticket in 2 days ago.

Post edited by mrgraphix on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

I HAD no wish to cancel my membership, I've just lost the PC status, no access to the PC forum and no PC prices, but am payed up until 20 October.

edited December 1969

Thats... strange...
    "Simply deleting your credit card information will not cancel your PC membership."?
    So without credit card info how does your subscription not end? Does it put it on hold? Or is this saying that credit card info is not really gone?...
    Me thinks this needs some clarification.... ?

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Have you submitted a support ticket about this issue ?

I guess you have that answer ready to paste.

If you read things you would realise that submitting support tickets isn't getting anyone anywhere.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Well if we were all [or some] given free membership for a day or two, or a month or 3 ... I think something is going on that may not have been intentional ... but my account was NOT charged any extra money, could not have been. Beauty of using non-reloadable gift cards.

In calling my account 'active' though is going proof interesting come payment time 'cause with what?!

Cheers,
    Catherine.

• flashbackflashback Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The store screwed up and wouldn't let me log in for days, today I tried again and was able to log into my account only to find my PC membership gone. And it's paid thru Nov.
    I've just submitted a support ticket about that.

edited December 1969

The screwed up thing here is I've been waiting for perhaps some sort of PC sale where I could rejoin with a very low re-subscription fee (or preferably none at all since I cancelled as a last resort and let it stay that way because of all the PC and store problems), since I figured that most of the problems with the Platinum Club where worked out... I was actually checking to see if now might be the time to rejoin... Now, I'm pretty sure that is not the case... which sort of sucks, since NOW I'm still going to be hesitant about adding ANY credit card info until I'm 100% SURE there are NO MORE PROBLEMS... suck for me since I WILL miss the PA sale (no convincing me otherwise at the moment) and even though I don't really buy much, sucks for the PAs too... I'm too forgetful about checking on stuff like this and if there is a problem It will probably go by for quite a while till I amend it... and I hate amending issues like this... I have to do it enough when I order real world items from small vendors and its a real drag... BUT to some extent understandable because they are usually run by non-web savvy individuals still living in the Jet age... Not selling digital products exclusively via the internet.
    I'm pretty disappointed... one- to hear the other ( quite valid ) complaints, two- because of the original thread I mentioned in the OP which made me check my account in the first place, Three- because I feel I STILL can't trust this site's store function, and Four because this kind of stuff just can't be good for DAZ or the many PAs that rely on it... I know it's not really DAZ's fault, but still... it's disappointing.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

I think it's gotta be a gremlin in the works again,I was a PC member last night ,today it seems I'm not plus I got told that members only thread I was linked to doesn't exisit .....it's the damn gremlins I tell ya.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

File a support ticket about your loss of PC membership, please.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

Okey dokey Mz Cho