GenesisStarter Essentials doesnt work

Maria777Maria777 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hello,
The unpacked zip file for Genesis doesnt work (it seems to be a installer). (Mac)
I was just wondering what that new Genesis is different then all the figures I have, just curious

Maria

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I don't have a Mac, but the installer should work. I haven't heard of anyone else on a Mac having problems with it.

The new Genesis is in a different format (.DUF), and there may be other updates as well. Did you 'buy' the Pro version through the store?
    You will need the latest version to avoid errors with other Genesis related morphs and content.

• Maria777Maria777 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

thanks for responding so soon, yes the pro version in the store to my card

greets Maria

edited December 1969

What version of the Mac OS are you using? Do you get any error messages when you run it? Have you tried clearing your cache, and redownloading, the file may be corrupt?

edited December 1969

I use 10.6.8 (intel)
    I downloaded it three times, but no results.
    The file is in the unzip program a .app file and after its extracted from there it becomes a trx file

edited December 1969

The trx file is a Genesis installer (Triax), and my windows one is called 14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.3_trx.exe, and I have to run that to extract all the Genesis content to the correct folders. Mine is around 430 MB in size, is yours about the same?

I don;t know how .app works in a Mac, but can you not run that file?

edited December 1969

The .app extension was hidden. All programs are ".app" files so dubbleclick should run. But when I look in the info of the file comparing it to another app file there is something different "General: Application (Universal) at the working prog file and "General: Application
    The file size is 451,8 MB

edited December 1969

when I dive into the package content there is in working programs a unix executable file but in this app file there are only documents with no extension. I dont kno how to make a unix executable file of a document?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I will see if I can find you someone who knows Macs.

edited December 1969

Great, because on my laptop powermac of 2005, OSX 10.5.8 the installer wants to install, but this is not so handy

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,498
    edited December 1969

Hello,

I guess you are being hit by the Safari "open trusted files" syndrome.
    Tell Safari to not open trusted files (Go to Safari preferences and uncheck that option), now you will get a .zip downloaded and untouched. As the Safari unpacker has a tendency to ruin the unpacking of installers that include zipfiles.

Also, be sure that you download to a place where you can write (the default ~/Downloads is a good spot) , but some third party apps can change that.

The zip then expands to a .app installer application when you unzip it with the built in Archiver, do not run any "third party" special zip unpackers as they will most likely go into the installer and unachive the installers internal zipfiles as well (often what happens) which ruins the installer.

Hope this helps, if yo still have problems, send me a pm.

/ Totte

edited December 1969

Now breaks my shoe, when I put the unzipped file back on my desktop mac and dubbleclick the intaller runs. It has to be my Betterzip program, I am suprised because this is never happend before, If I do not reply today its fixed

Maria