What is inside the 14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.3_trx file?

MardookMardook Posts: 291
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Yes... I am that stupid.
I downloaded the newest version of DS. I installed it and then ran into the dreaded duplicate ID error... not ultimately dreaful, just annoying as hell. I have to believe that it has something to do with installing this genesisstarteressentials file. Was I supposed to uninstall any previous versions of genesis that were installed before? Which files specifically, evolultion morphs. etc.

Thank you to anyone who would kindly point me in the right direction. : )

Comments

• MardookMardook Posts: 291
    edited December 1969

Could you be more specific. :)

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

It's not the default content fro the Genesis Starter Essentials -- those have the duplicate IDs fixed, and the 4.0 default content is uninstalled when you install DS4.5. The duplicate ID messages should indicate the item with the problem. There's a link in my sig to Jay NOLA's thread giving current version numbers for Genesis add-ons.

edited December 1969

"The duplicate ID messages should indicate the item with the problem"

It does not!

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited September 2012

Duplicate ID should pop up when you load an item into the scene, that's the item with the issue, and the solution should be to reset downloads for that item and reinstall the updated copy.

The log file (Help/Troubleshooting/View Log File) should tell you more.

Post edited by DWG on
    edited December 1969

DWG said:
    Duplicate ID should pop up when you load an item into the scene, that's the item with the issue, and the solution should be to reset downloads for that item and reinstall the updated copy.

The log file (Help/Troubleshooting/View Log File) should tell you more.

Oh joy that sounds like fun!
    I finally found the content file list for GenesisStarterEssentials and it is filled with files that are sample versions of paid for products I have already. I don't know why they just couldn't include the updated Genesis file itself and not stuff that could possibly cause issues when updating. Or at the very least provide something that would recognize conflicts while installing much like the other products that are on the market right now that do that.

BTW; I have noticed a few missing morph dials for the new genesis model. Is anybody else missing the Ariolae Diameter morph dial as well as some others?

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

You can run the script that was written to see if that fixes things till you can get any updates you need done. i have a link to the thread for it and a bunch of things to be aware of when you do update.

Also make sure you unistall older version first of a product before you install the newer version.

The Start Esentials are ment to replace the old default content. Just unistalling your old DS4 won't remove that, it has aseperate unistaller you need to run.

DAZ took the default content out of the main installer with 4.5.

Additionaly, they added a new Create Fiery Genesis with the new 1.3 Starter which is differeny from the seperate free Fiery Genesis product. So be sure and install the Satrter and the seperate Create Fiery Genesis if you want both.

edited September 2012

Jay_NOLA said:
    You can run the script that was written to see if that fixes things till you can get any updates you need done. i have a link to the thread for it and a bunch of things to be aware of when you do update.

Also make sure you unistall older version first of a product before you install the newer version.

The Start Esentials are ment to replace the old default content. Just unistalling your old DS4 won't remove that, it has aseperate unistaller you need to run.

Additionaly, they added a new Create Fiery Genesis with the new 1.3 Starter which is differeny from the seperate free Fiery Genesis product. So be sure and install the Satrter and the seperate Create Fiery Genesis if you want both.

*Update: I updated the evolution morphs bundle for genesis is where the missing morph dials went to. I have also discovered the duplicate IDs were coming from MEC4D's new comforming shorts for m5 and Zev0's ManFuzz package. Everything else seems okay with all the other files... still want to be sure 100%. Reinstalling is a long process.

BTW... I don't notice any difference in rendering speeds on this version of DS. To be fair I am in the middle of building a new machine with better graphics card and more power and memory so we'll see how that goes.

Post edited by Mardook on
  • DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

mardook said:
    I finally found the content file list for GenesisStarterEssentials and it is filled with files that are sample versions of paid for products I have already. I don't know why they just couldn't include the updated Genesis file itself and not stuff that could possibly cause issues when updating.

Remember this is now the entry point into Studio, the demonstration scene files allow completely new users to begin using Studio with no other purchases whatsoever. Starter Essentials certainly caused me no issues when updating.

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

DAZ is still updating some of the older morphs and shapes, So make a note of what versions you have installed.

The tread that lists what has been updated for Genesis in case you didn't find it is at:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3885/

If you get duplicate IDs on a product and have the newest version installed submit a bug report to DAZ. Support has been getting updated versions out products that have this very quickly when it is reported and some new recent products had this problem.

mardook said:
    Jay_NOLA said:

*Update: I updated the evolution morphs bundle for genesis is where the missing morph dials went to. I have also discovered the duplicate IDs were coming from MEC4D's new comforming shorts for m5 and Zev0's ManFuzz package. Everything else seems okay with all the other files... still want to be sure 100%. Reinstalling is a long process.

BTW... I don't notice any difference in rendering speeds on this version of DS. To be fair I am in the middle of building a new machine with better graphics card and more power and memory so we'll see how that goes.