OT sort of- Passing of a PA

2»

Comments

• aliwonderaliwonder Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

I'm sorry to hear about his passing. Sorry that you have lost a friend and partner. My prayers are with you all.

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

Thank you all for the kind thoughts.

• cimairacimaira Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

oh Khory, I'm so sorry to hear this! You two made a wonderful team. My heartfelt condolences to you and his family. Thoughts and prayers to you all.

• JessaiiJessaii Posts: 845
    edited December 1969

So sorry for your loss, I cant imagine what I would do without my best friend. You guys made a great team and I am sure he will still help you when you are lost *hugs*

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

Oh, so sorry about this!

• the3dwizardthe3dwizard Posts: 495
    edited December 1969

My sincere condolences, thoughts are with you and his family.

edited December 1969

Thank you all. I will pass along all the lovely thoughts to his family.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Oh gosh Khory, I don't know what to say. I've been a fan of your products for quite some time, and the few times I "saw" Simon here on the forums he seemed like such a nice sort. The two of you seemed to have a good partnership, and I know you're going to miss him dearly. So will we all. My condolences to you and both your families.

• edited December 1969

Sorry for your loss, and my condolences to you and his family. God Bless!

• DarkRiderDLMCDarkRiderDLMC Posts: 561
    edited December 1969

Khory said:
    My best friend and business partner, Simon Vincent aka Si_Vincent, has passed away. I doubt if many people here had ever spoken to him personally as I tended to be the more social face of our twosome. We had been working together as content creators for over 5 years and he was finally coming into his own artistically with his modeling. He had a good eye for realistic modeling and was getting better all the time. I'm glad that he at least was aware that our last product here was doing well. I hope he felt some vindication about sticking with me all these years. It took a fair bit of bravery to start a business with a woman half way around the world, that you have never met in person, and mostly know from gaming.

While I did much of the art part of our business Simon did pretty much everything else. He handled everything for our web site and anything that was even slightly techy. He figured out how to set up our store all by himself and took care of anything related to that. He didn't have any experience working on web sites before we decided to get one so he had to learn every bit of it from scratch. Not something I think I could ever have done to be honest. And anyone who has ever set up an online store knows how futzy that can be. That alone was something to be proud of.

Simon was brilliant at figuring out things I couldn't and was always more than willing to help when I just couldn't get something. Even today I was reading something in a post and thought “I'll need to ask Simon to help me figure that out later”. I doubt he realized how important that part of things was for me as he tended to underestimate his value. I'm going really miss having him here to help me when I get confused or lost and need sorting out.

Of course what I am really going to miss is my best friend.

*HUG*
    edited December 1969

Thank you. I have written Simon's father this morning and told him about all the lovely thoughts from all of you.

• Cyn ArtCyn Art Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

: ( So very sorry to hear such heartbreaking news. Sending prayers of comfort to all . . . and that you're able to find courage in his memory when you need it. ::hugz::

Post edited by Cyn Art on
  • Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Have already communicated with you on your site, but wanted to add my thoughts here, too. It's never easy losing someone you care about and I know well that when it's unexpected, that adds one more factor to the pain of loss.

My heart is with you and my condolences to all of Simon's family and friend.

{{HUGS}}

edited December 1969

Again, thank you all. I have heard from and written back to both of Simon's parents today. I know that the kind remembrances and condolences mean as much to them as they do to me.

• ameesa001@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 282
    edited December 1969

I finally have a chance to log into my home PC and give my condolences, both to yourself and his family. I've enjoyed the items your partnership created for a few years now, and am saddened to see it end in this way. His absence will leave a hole in this community. Simon will truly be missed.

edited December 1969

Thank you Ameesa. I know his parents and I have been quite touched by the number of people who knew and thought well of him.

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited December 1969

I am sorry to hear about , that is really devastating news ! I hope you feel much better now after the couple of days that past, nothing can replace a best friend in the world .. very sad .. My condolences.

• gingercakes47gingercakes47 Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

So sorry that you've lost your best friend and business partner. My condolences to you and his family.

• chrisschellchrisschell Posts: 267
    edited December 1969

Khory... I am sorry for your loss of a partner and friend... My best wishes for both you and his family and my condolences for you all...

edited December 1969

Thank you for thinking of myself and his family.

• waningmoonwaningmoon Posts: 30
    edited December 1969

this is so sad. i have recently returned to 3D. i have enjoyed the products i purchased that your team had created. i offer my belated condolences on your loss.

with sympathy,
    waningmoon

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Only just saw this...so sorry to hear about this! : (

Hugs

Pen

edited December 1969

Thank you both, waningmoon and Pendraia.

• ladyofmanyfacesladyofmanyfaces Posts: 83
    edited December 1969

Khory so sorry for your loss. I don't believe I ever spoke to Simon but he sounds like a kind man who was taken too soon. My condolences to you, your family, and his family.

edited December 1969

Thank you ladyofmanyfaces. He was indeed a dear sweet man and gone far to young.