Hello, boys! I'm back!

the3dwizardthe3dwizard Posts: 495
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I feel like Randy Quaid in Independence Day, lol.

Saw some threads about people announcing they were leaving DAZ. Well I thought I would seek attention by saying I am back. Life got in the way for a while but I got the itch to create again. Got some stuff I am working on that I started a while ago. One project I started in 2006!

Been out for a while so wondering what is everyone looking for?

Cheers!

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

Welcome back! Love your stuff!

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Welcome back! I look forward to your stuff!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited December 1969

Cool. Glad your back. Welcome. Check out Genesis if your comfy with DAZ Studio.... AMAZING technology! DAZ Studio Pro 32 and 64 bit is free by the way! ;-)

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/software/daz-studio-4/daz-studio-4-pro

• the3dwizardthe3dwizard Posts: 495
    edited December 1969

Thanks all!

Yep, doing some conversions of stuff to Genesis to get my Studio feet wet.

Looking for ideas on new stuff you have any.

Cheers!

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Welcome back! Always nice to have people around, doing cool stuff!

• adzanadzan Posts: 268
    edited September 2012

welcome back the3dwizard

Sassy ladies with high hair and Big ummm! Big Guns still sells well at daz and if you make the costume or guns shiny you'll be on to a winner ;-P

Post edited by adzan on
  • MKeyesMKeyes Posts: 466
    edited December 1969

Saw some threads about people announcing they were leaving DAZ. Well I thought I would seek attention by saying I am back.

Hee-hee... my thoughts EXACTLY when I see those... anyway... welcome back!!!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Always nice to see a friendly face back again.

• DarkRiderDLMCDarkRiderDLMC Posts: 561
    edited December 1969

Saw some threads about people announcing they were leaving DAZ. Well I thought I would seek attention by saying I am back. Life got in the way for a while but I got the itch to create again. Got some stuff I am working on that I started a while ago. One project I started in 2006!

Cheers!

Most of them aren't leaving Daz, merely discontinuing membership in the PC. No one ever leaves DAZ, they just get a legal and financial separation.

Like old married people, when one of them starts to wet the bed :)
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited December 1969

LMAO

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

Cheers!

Most of them aren't leaving Daz, merely discontinuing membership in the PC. No one ever leaves DAZ, they just get a legal and financial separation.

Like old married people, when one of them starts to wet the bed :)

Ah, so that explains the website problems: incontinence. Magento needs Depends.

• TorbyTorby Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

Nice to see you about!

edited December 1969

Thanks all! Still looking for ideas :D

edited December 1969

So, what's your specialty in craft and do you take suggestions? I got lots! :)

edited December 1969

Thanks all! Still looking for ideas :D

Okay... As authentic as you can possibly make WWII and Vietnam era uniforms for .Army infantry and.Marines.

I am thinking G.I. Genesis

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Something along the lines of Mech Girl - but for Genesis?
    Welcome back!

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Search the store for the3dwizard if you haven't already and that should give you an idea. I like to make clothes that have a wide range of uses and I like to load them up with morphs to make them even more versatile. However I am working on a prop / environment which is different that what is out there now.

Always open to suggestions, I might even make some of them ;)

Something along the lines of Mech Girl - but for Genesis?
    Welcome back!

This is one of my favorites! I didn't want to go crazy converting stuff but this is one I may do.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited September 2012

Mech Girl is sexy without showing too much and has a nice scifi feeling.
    :)

Post edited by Kerya on
    edited September 2012

Update 3 piece Suit, Sea Fox, Star Brigade and Concord Elite for Genesis and I think you would have some sure fire sellers.

Post edited by RKane_1 on
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Search the store for the3dwizard if you haven't already and that should give you an idea. I like to make clothes that have a wide range of uses and I like to load them up with morphs to make them even more versatile. However I am working on a prop / environment which is different that what is out there now.

Ah-ha! Let's see!

Yes! I spot something that I would LOVE to see revamped for Genesis!

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/primogentry-h3
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/primogentry-a3

And this done to Supersuit! (As a texture set.)
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/project-z

That would be AWESOME!

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Ah-ha! Let's see!

Yes! I spot something that I would LOVE to see revamped for Genesis!

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/primogentry-h3
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/primogentry-a3

And this done to Supersuit! (As a texture set.)
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/project-z

That would be AWESOME!

Update 3 piece Suit, Sea Fox, Star Brigade and Concord Elite for Genesis and I think you would have some sure fire sellers.

What they said. :)

edited December 1969

Okay, actually I would like a very nice tuxedo with tails that are boned with a white bow tie, the type a gentleman of the twenties would wear to the opera.

• BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited December 1969

Other than anticipating a pair of Treadz for Genesis, I second on Vintage Military Gear. I also would love any clothing from the early 1940s and late 1970s. I have stories that are set in those eras.

BTW Welcome Back!

edited December 1969

Also, clothes from 1600 to 1910s USA would be nice; there's lots and lots of interesting Lovecraftian horror one could totally do with those outfits.

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited September 2012

Other than anticipating a pair of Treadz for Genesis . . .

Can't say there's a single suggestion posted here that I wouldn't be interested in, but (IMHO) Treadz for Genesis would be an immediate hit! Shoes are harder for most people to convert well, and they'll look good with the SuperSuit.
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on
    edited December 1969

Other than anticipating a pair of Treadz for Genesis, I second on Vintage Military Gear. I also would love any clothing from the early 1940s and late 1970s. I have stories that are set in those eras.

BTW Welcome Back!

The JeanZ have a bell bottom morph if that helps :)

edited September 2012

You guys pulled up some really old stuff. Some is first generation Vicky. LOL

I would like to do the 3 piece suit as I think it is one of the better one's out there (I know I am bias :) ) But there seem to be a lot of suits out there or in the works for Genesis so not sure.

It may be tougher to do some of those others as I worked with others and not sure what it would take as far as authorization. Most of the work was on the textures which would mean little to no work for them ;)

For those who are interested here is my current list of projects:

-JeanZ (done)
    -TreadZ (near completion)
    -I have a brand new latex/leather sort of techno/rave suit for V4. Don't know how to classify it. Updating for Genesis so plan to release it for both V4 and Genesis
    -Got some elven armor I made for V4 that I didn't release. Updating for Genesis so plan to release it for both V4 and Genesis also.
    -A prop/scene environment. Keeping it a secret.
    -Adding MechGirl to the list. Just have to do this one, but since it is modeled for a girl going to be a pain to convert to Genesis.

Post edited by the3dwizard on
    edited December 1969

You guys pulled up some really old stuff. Some is first generation Vicky. LOL

I would like to do the 3 piece suit as I think it is one of the better one's out there (I know I am bias :) ) But there seem to be a lot of suits out there or in the works for Genesis so not sure.

It may be tougher to do some of those others as I worked with others and not sure what it would take as far as authorization. Most of the work was on the textures which would mean little to no work for them ;)

For those who are interested here is my current list of projects:

-JeanZ (done)
    -TreadZ (near completion)
    -I have a brand new latex/leather sort of techno/rave suit for V4. Don't know how to classify it. Updating for Genesis so plan to release it for both V4 and Genesis
    -Got some elven armor I made for V4 that I didn't release. Updating for Genesis so plan to release it for both V4 and Genesis also.
    -A prop/scene environment. Keeping it a secret.
    -Adding MechGirl to the list. Just have to do this one, but since it is modeled for a girl going to be a pain to convert to Genesis.

Definately looking forward to these!

As for the suit, don't throw all that good work away! *smile* USE it as the basis for some military uniforms like Dress blues for cops or Marines. I would LOVE to see an updated set for Genesis.

For the MechGirl, may I suggest making some props such as masks that take her from sweet to sinister depending upon the needs of the person who purchased her? The new Cyborg Model 4 by DzFire is a great example of that. It offers the end buyer a lot of flexibility in use which means more likely to buy. Also some attachments like a raygun and jet pack wouldn't hurt.

I very much look forward to seeing the new Treadz for Genesis and the new techno/rave outfit and elven armor for V4/Genesis in the works. Will those have options to make them more unisex for male counterparts of Genesis?

What do you have in mind for an environment?

Man, it is good to see you back!

I look forward to your work!

What 3d apps are you using nowadays?

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,862
    edited December 1969

Genesis seriously needs footwear... welcome back! :)

• BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited September 2012

BTW Welcome Back!

The JeanZ have a bell bottom morph if that helps :)

Can I have that for Genesis too?:-)

EDIT- should have read the whole thread!

Post edited by BurstAngel on