Annual PA SALE 2012 Image and discussion thread-- DAY31-- Catch up extended and more

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Try Ctrl-F5 -- the site's been down a few times today, but it's been up most of the time.

• CricketCricket Posts: 434
    edited December 1969

Ok, that worked. Thank you.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,436
    edited December 1969

Here's a quick combination of two recent products...

cybertroll.png
    555 x 730 - 316K
  • Muon QuarkMuon Quark Posts: 548
    edited December 1969

Some people have no appreciation for music.....

;-)

new_stuff2.jpg
    429 x 600 - 98K
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited September 2012

Ah. A female CyberDwarf. Very good.

Well, no, I see. It's a CyberTroll and probably not female. My bad.

Post edited by JOdel on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Kevin said:
    OK... day 5 should be fixed now. It was not supposed to end until Tonight at Midnight.
    And Day 6 is up... Very COOL stuff there...

Fixed too late for me - and ended too early for me.
    No buy.
    *unhappy*

• KerynaKeryna Posts: 101
    edited December 1969

Thanks Daz for re-setting the DzFire sale items!

I also Battled for a few hours trying to purchase a bunch of Dzfire, 3DU and Tjoll items, with the checkout site seeming to be down for maintenance.

Then I went and cleared out my entire browser history and remembered stuff incl cookies, and went back to the DAZ Store and everything worked like a dream! Someone else had mentioned this Browser history clog up could be an issue somehow - Dont know why - But give it a try!

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Hah - Toon Generation is finally mine! And the toon horse. And the dragon. If only 3D Universe´s stuff wasn´t so expensive. I mean, separately they don´t cost that much, but if you put all of them together, that´s really a lot of money. And all his items are so cool... Better my CC hides somewhere and stays hidden, or I am broke by tomorrow.

• DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969

Day Seven is here!

• earth2dearth2d Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I have purchased one item so far from stonemason and missed DZFire. Use to spend at least 500.00 to 700.00 on PA sales! Maybe this is a good thing! My addiction is getting better since Gensis came out! Thank you Jesus!!

• ZaarinZaarin Posts: 359
    edited December 1969

earth2d said:
    I have purchased one item so far from stonemason and missed DZFire. Use to spend at least 500.00 to 700.00 on PA sales! Maybe this is a good thing! My addiction is getting better since Gensis came out! Thank you Jesus!!

Well, that's one way to have a positive attitude about it! :P

Yep, I just bought my first product from the PA sale today: Raiya's guys are always fantastic, so I couldn't pass up a new one. ;)

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

I was persuaded to grab DzFire's CyberM4 .. so thought I'd better actually use him ...

Time_heals.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 421K
  • earth2dearth2d Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Nice Render Simonjm!!

I wish Blondie's new product was for poser as well. That baby would have flew into my cart. I'm not going to cry, just go back and visit it, now and then:)

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

If I still had a job I'd be buying them, but as I cannot see me having a reason to actually use them I am being careful with spending so the Deep Ones, as nice as it looks, will not be battered and placed in my basket, as it'd be my CC that'd end being fried ;)

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

I actually have a use for Blondie's new Aquatic Genesis (and for Kuril... waiting for Ant Farm's sale day on that one)

This, however, is just playing around/ a wip

Family_Stroll.png
    750 x 562 - 660K
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited September 2012

I actually have a use for Blondie's new Aquatic Genesis (and for Kuril... waiting for Ant Farm's sale day on that one) This, however, is just playing around/ a wip

Nice though!

Playing around with a few new things: Damon, the Mountain Troll fG horns, and Desertlands Pak for WorldBase XT. DS4.5Pro render, postwork in GIMP.
    DamonTest01c-g3.jpg
    1200 x 1500 - 868K
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on
  • LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    edited September 2012

Aquatic Genesis applied to Kuril. Added hand textures, teeth and finger nail morphs. The Kuril morph causes an small alignment issue with Aquatic Genesis foot fins, so I minimized the issue with posing and lighting, Any remaining issues were removed in post. Overall, I like the results of combining components of both products.

Kuril-Aquatic.jpg
    1366 x 923 - 171K
    Post edited by Lindsey on
  • cimairacimaira Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Wonderful images everyone!!
    so now where is Day 8....bet it will be GREAT!, rofl.. sorry couldn't resist.

• DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969

Up and selling now :) Thanks for asking!

cimaira said:
    Wonderful images everyone!!
    so now where is Day 8....bet it will be GREAT!, rofl.. sorry couldn't resist.
  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    I vaguely recall hearing some concern that some of the light sets doesn't work in DS 4.5; how are the Lantios sets for DS 4.5 compatibility?

I know from painful experience that InaneGlory PhotoStudio 2 lights hard-crashes DS 4.5 as soon as it's loaded, and I'd hate to buy something that also has that problem, but I'd really like a few of the Lantios light sets...

-- Morgan

• PennamePenname Posts: 343
    edited December 1969

There is another thread where someone says the Lantios Lights 2 are compatible with 4.5. There is a return policy.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited September 2012

Yes, Lantios Lights 2 are compatible with DS4.5 and I highly recommend them! Almost all of my best renders use this light set. I'm thinking about his new set...looks very nice and will certainly wind up either in my cart or on my wishlist.

Other PA items from yesterday and today that I own and enjoy include Blondie9999's Short Beard for Genesis, Raiya's Naoki for V4 and V5, and Valandar's Renegade Shirts. The new products by these artists and others look great too! :)

I'll share a render or two when I get back to my rendering computer.

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

In one of the promo images for Valandar's new armor, it looks like it's on V5 without the boob-plate effect? Am I seeing that right? if so - YAY!!!!!!!!!! Gonna have to try to dig up the pennies for this one.

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

In one of the promo images for Valandar's new armor, it looks like it's on V5 without the boob-plate effect? Am I seeing that right? if so - YAY!!!!!!!!!! Gonna have to try to dig up the pennies for this one.

I believe that's the V4 shape, and V5 is also supported with a specific morph, so no "cling wrap armor" effect. :D

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Really, DAZ, how you always manage to piss me off amazes me to no end...

I wanted to buy something from today´s sale, tried to put it into my cart - and then the store completely crashed! Now everytime I go to the store, either that stupid green alien greets me or orange shiny Magento Enterprise sign tells me "Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons" and throws "Error log record number: 577844672089" at me. Even refresh or hard refresh does not help, the site is simpy DOWN. Just what are you guys doing over there?

Nostalgia sweeps over me when I think of Renderosity, RDNA, or even Content Paradise where such things do not happen, or at least not on daily (hourly?) basis. It´s been MONTHS since your change to Magento, why is it still such a problem to get the store working properly? How are other 3D content e-shops doing it that their stores are working and your is not??? Is it really so much to ask for a store where the simple task of buying a product does not resemble a horror movie? I hope you at least got that software cheap from Magento, because if not, then I really don´t envy you.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

It's working again. I just bought Blondie's tutorial.

• FroschGottFroschGott Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

'SHHHT!'
    A little render using Cyborg Model 4.

Terminator01.png
    1920 x 1440 - 2M
  • DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,550
    edited September 2012

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    I vaguely recall hearing some concern that some of the light sets doesn't work in DS 4.5; how are the Lantios sets for DS 4.5 compatibility?

I know from painful experience that InaneGlory PhotoStudio 2 lights hard-crashes DS 4.5 as soon as it's loaded, and I'd hate to buy something that also has that problem, but I'd really like a few of the Lantios light sets...

-- Morgan

I just want to clarify, so that no one thinks there is a flaw with the product itself, that the issue with IG's Photo Studio is completely dependent on an expected update to the UberArea Light Shader that Daz has promised will be forthcoming, and a 4.5xx release will fix the issue. They function perfectly in DS 3.xx and 4.xx. Sorry for the inconvevnience and crashes at this time. Trust me, no one wants the issue fixed more than we do.

That being said, I believe Lantios' bases his lights off of the UberEnviroment (and he will correct me if I'm wrong), which is functioning correctly in 4.5xx. He is very talented and does really great basic use lights.
    cheers!

Post edited by DestinysGarden on
  • IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,578
    edited December 1969

How are the new Core Lights??
    I'm sitting on the fence between those and Lantios Lights 2.
    I will need to jump ... soon. :)

• CathyMCathyM Posts: 261
    edited December 1969

I too can vouch for Lantios Lights working in Daz Studio 4.5 Pro - I have both Lantios Lights and Lantios Lights 2, as well as the Lantios Fashion Lights, and they all work fine - Here's a picture I just did with Lantios Lights 2 - (please don't blame Lantios for any faults with it though, that would be entirely my doing - still learning how lights work :red: ) -Cathy

Lantios_Light_Set_2.jpg
    800 x 593 - 112K