Genesis Morphing Business Suit Now in store [Commercial]

Comments

• MarieahMarieah Posts: 518
    edited December 1969

I've been working really hard on the Just Posh set now that Just Chill is in QA. Basically , the three color tonings will each have a distinc and classy suit texture and a collection of other toned textures for waistcoats, ties, cravats, hats etc. There will be a pair of shiny snakeskin shoe textures for each as well. In addition, there are the Posh Shirts, which includes a remapped shirt that allows me to put the frills and pleats on. I'll make it so you can click the pleats or frills onto any shirt.

The three renders below show samples from the sets. The grey has a Thai silk suit, the burgundy a crushed velvet one and the navy is a figured silk. Do click for bigger. Each has a silk jersey scarf as well. There are three waistcoats for each toning.

poshburgundy.jpg
    700 x 910 - 402K
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Now, the only question is -- which of the four I will stick into this suit first: MS Lycan, Tauran II, Strigoi or Troll?

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,626
    edited December 1969

Well, it has custom morphs for Iconic F4, which Tauran II is based on, so I'd expect it to work best with that.

edited December 1969

I just noticed that two of my images didn't attach. Here they are...

poshblue.jpg
    700 x 910 - 481K
    poshgrey.jpg
    700 x 910 - 403K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

GORGEOUS! The only one that's confusing my eye is the upper most image from your first post here about the Posh and Just Chill. The scarf looks a bit plastic to me. It's either a lighting thing or the camera angle. Just looks stiff and odd to me. Just my POV nothing more..... XO

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Looks great... fair price... I'm IN!

edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    Looks great... fair price... I'm IN!

This is where we sing ZZ Top's "Sharp Dressed Man"?

edited December 1969

*chuckle* My friend will want me to do Matt Bomer from White Collar in DAZ3D...

Actually HE wants to do Matt Bomer but not in DAZ3D... O-o

:)

;)

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    GORGEOUS! The only one that's confusing my eye is the upper most image from your first post here about the Posh and Just Chill. The scarf looks a bit plastic to me. It's either a lighting thing or the camera angle. Just looks stiff and odd to me. Just my POV nothing more..... XO

Yes, I think the problem is that it isn't sitting properly on his shoulder, so it looks still and fake instead of natural. I'll render it again for a promo.

edited September 2012

I especially like the wingtip collar and cravat. That is nice and fancy. Do you have one with the wingtip collar and a white bow tie by any chance?

Post edited by RKane_1 on
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    I especially like the wingtip collar and craat. That is nice and fancy. Do you have one with the wingtip collar and a white bow tie by any chance?

Expansion 1 - the set that includes the bow tie and the wing tip collar morph - also includes a nice white grosgrain texture for it..

Sorry, I don't have a render of it. I'll leave it to you to post one after the set comes out.

edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    I especially like the wingtip collar and craat. That is nice and fancy. Do you have one with the wingtip collar and a white bow tie by any chance?

I decided to include your request is my latest burgundy render.

The shirt pintucks you can see can be clicked onto any shirt texture that uses the remapped Posh Shirt.

poshburgundy.jpg
    700 x 910 - 282K
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528
    edited December 1969

Looking great. Another must have items.

edited September 2012

Thank you, Marieah!

It looks great!

I am envisioning some Leyendecker homages in the future. *smile*

Post edited by RKane_1 on
    edited December 1969

GORGEOUS. The scarf looks very good in this one.

edited December 1969

Thanks Richard. There are plenty of morphs there to get it right, but I get a bit lazy sometimes.

Here's some more of the burgundy options, including the pale green shirt you suggested.

poshburg3.jpg
    700 x 910 - 312K
    edited December 1969

Oddly Shiny...silk texture?

edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    Oddly Shiny...silk texture?

It's the overly speccy lighting. The material settings are exactly the same as on every other shirt in this thread. Lighting is critical to the correct rendering of anything that relies on specularity rather than painted highlights.

Meanwhile, I did this for Skiriki as light relief from making textures and mat poses.

troll.jpg
    700 x 910 - 221K
  • Thadeus72Thadeus72 Posts: 408
    edited December 1969

excellent !

so versatile

edited December 1969

WOOOOHOOOO! It is a troll! In suit! Made my day!

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Marieah said:
    Meanwhile, I did this for Skiriki as light relief from making textures and mat poses.

That troll in the suit is just made of win. :) Thanks for the laugh!
    edited December 1969

So so yummy. Yea, for me I'd turn down the specular on the silk, esp if there are some pretty bright lights used in the scene. Love that color combo though. So so FINE!

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    So so yummy. Yea, for me I'd turn down the specular on the silk, esp if there are some pretty bright lights used in the scene. Love that color combo though. So so FINE!

I'd just use different lights. If I'm selling material settings, I don't dare tweak them for renders. But as it was a test render because I wanted to show you the vest and tie materials and they are fine, I didn't worry about it.

I'm including a couple of complementary toned silk shirts in each folder. I think there is pale pink and green with the burgundy.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,626
    edited December 1969

*Looks at Troll Render*

*Falls over laughing*

That's epic. I love it.

This is the first time I'm seeing some of these Posh textures (Marieah has sent me some preliminary renders) and I have to say, I'm still quite pleased with them.

edited December 1969

I'm going to put it up as a promo and see if Daz cans it - or if they have a sense of humor. On a serious note, it speaks volumes for the quality of the mesh and the textures that it will stretch that far, for a figure it doesn't have FBMs for, without gross distortion. I am sad to report, however, that the shoes and socks did not do so well on the troll.

I really wanted to put the suit of the new Mountain Troll, but as he only works in 4.5, I couldn't because I don't dare change horses until I've finished this set.

I'm getting ready to upload Just Posh, and am happy to report that all the other sets have passed QA. So we have a bundle folks...

Here's a couple more renders...

poshpleats.jpg
    700 x 910 - 225K
    poshfrills.jpg
    700 x 910 - 241K
    poshpintuck.jpg
    700 x 910 - 201K
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246
    edited December 1969

Great idea, although I'm mildly concerned about the odd waves up at the top of the chest above the visible button. I might expect a bit of curve, but the amount showing seems a bit excessive (not an issue with the frills, just the tucks and the pleats). I suppose the ascot would mask it, though.

edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    Great idea, although I'm mildly concerned about the odd waves up at the top of the chest above the visible button. I might expect a bit of curve, but the amount showing seems a bit excessive (not an issue with the frills, just the tucks and the pleats). I suppose the ascot would mask it, though.

I know what you mean, but there's really nothing I can do about it. The mesh is bound to stretch in various places, and the pleats will stretch with it. I think it's better than having no pleats at all, which is the other option. It may be that QA don't like it and make me take the textures out, but I hope not.

Certainly, it's less noticeable with the frills because they are wavy already.

edited December 1969

Marieah said:
    I'm going to put it up as a promo and see if Daz cans it - or if they have a sense of humor. On a serious note, it speaks volumes for the quality of the mesh and the textures that it will stretch that far, for a figure it doesn't have FBMs for, without gross distortion. I am sad to report, however, that the shoes and socks did not do so well on the troll.

I TOTALLY hope they will keep it, because it is like you said -- it demonstrates the capabilities of this suit to extreme. And it STILL looks GREAT.

As a matter of fact, I just got into my head a project where I need to stick something really-testing-the-limits of that suit...

• BlazeMystEraBlazeMystEra Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

The Troll Image is amazing! and hillarious... but mostly amazing :)

edited December 1969

Just uploaded Just Posh. I've proposed a really good promotional deal on it which should make it free for many people.

I confess to almost forgetting about the mesh shirt I promised Richard a few pages back with the remapped shirt. But I did remember and have put it in with the other shirts.

mesh.jpg
    700 x 910 - 228K