Amy AiMei for DAZ Genesis

amy_aimeiamy_aimei Posts: 139
edited December 1969 in Freebies

Hi all,

Finally, I've finished my first DAZ Genesis morph.

I used my name as the name of the morph because it is my 3D self portrait. "Ai" in my name means "mist", not "love" as many think; "Mei" means "beauty" as usual. The written form is "靄美" (very difficult to write). My Japanese friend call me "アイミ " instead of "エイミー".

Feel free to download it from http://www.sharecg.com/v/64434/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Amy-AiMei-for-DAZ-Genesis

Sorry, there is no texture comes with the package. With Victoria 4 UV Set selected, the morph can take any Victoria 4's textures. In the sample, I'm using the textures from my "Amy for Victoria 4".

Start to learn how weight map works in DAZ Studio 4.5. At this moment, I'm converting the outfit that I've done for Antonia to fit my morph. Now, I can wear something that I made for Antonia virtually. :-)

Here are the samples.

The scene uses DAZ Studio 3's quick start beach scene. The clothing is converted from my "Beach Volleyball set for Antonia 1.2". The hair is converted from "Sassy Hair". The images are rendered in DAZ Studio 4.5.

Comments

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686
    edited December 1969

It looks good!

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,401
    edited December 1969

Definitely sweet.

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,258
    edited December 1969

Looks very nice, but I loaded the 'Amy Aimei' morph folder in the gen/base/morphs/ folder and nothing shows up under params. Any idea what I am missing?

• reelyorreelyor Posts: 235
    edited December 1969

Haven't tried it yet, but if you loaded it while DAZ Studio was running, try closing the program then re-starting.

edited December 1969

Actually, did with it not running, tried refreshing the cm db also just as a precaution.. nada.

• reelyorreelyor Posts: 235
    edited December 1969

ok.
    As I said, I don't have it. But you might try looking in the shapes tab with Genesis loaded (if it's a preset), or in My Library, people. Just trying some suggestions here.

• Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited December 1969

Nice one thanks

Render_29b.jpg
    506 x 983 - 199K
    edited August 2012

Thanks, but tried both of those.

Takeo, how did you get it to work, and what hair/dress is that?

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
    edited December 1969

Load Genesis it should be in Female/Real world parameter
    Dress is Floral Sundress for V4 freebie and Hair is Wasg Hair freebie too

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Oh, lovely - thank you!

edited December 1969

Ty Takeo, are they both from ShareCG and do you remember artist?

As for the morph, it's still not showing up. I'm guessing it's because I'm running 4.0x still and it might only work in 4.5

• amy_aimeiamy_aimei Posts: 139
    edited August 2012

Takeo.Kensei, thank you for the nice rendered image.

Gedd, it is designed to work with DAZ Studio 4.5. I'm using 4.5.0.114.

Sorry! I forgot to modify the scale of the hands and feet. They are bigger than they should be. Please download the file again. Thank you for testing.

Post edited by amy_aimei on
    edited December 1969

Thank you for replying amy. I haven't gotten around to updating yet as I plan on doing a clean install at the same time. At least now I know to try again after I update. It will be nice to have this to work with as there aren't a lot of Genesis asians yet, and this is a very attractive one. Thank you for your generosity :)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Thank you! She (you) is (are) very sweet!

edited December 1969

Gedd said:

As for the morph, it's still not showing up. I'm guessing it's because I'm running 4.0x still and it might only work in 4.5

It should work also with DS4 you must have misplaced the morph

For the freebies, here are the links : Floral Sundress for V4 and Wasg Hair from outoftouch

Sorry! I forgot to modify the scale of the hands and feet. They are bigger than they should be. Please download the file again. Thank you for testing.

It was my pleasure :) it's the first time I try to render an Asian type character. There's still some work to do to get a better skin but it's a good start for a quick render

edited August 2012

Thank you Takeo, but I didn't misplace the morph. At least not according to either the readme or the other Genesis morphs I have.

Tyvm for the links btw :)

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
    edited December 1969

Gedd said:

It should work also with DS4 you must have misplaced the morph

For the freebies, here are the links : Floral Sundress for V4 and Wasg Hair from outoftouch

It was my pleasure :) it's the first time I try to render an Asian type character. There's still some work to do to get a better skin but it's a good start for a quick render

I have the same problem as Gedd, and I know I didn't misplace anything.

edited December 1969

Are you using 4.x or 4.5 DS TG?

edited December 1969

edited December 1969

Yes that seems to be the problem then. Not backward compatible.

edited December 1969

It should be compatible but I've found out that it effectively doesn't work. I've sent a corrected file to Amy so that she can publish a compatible 4.0 and 4.5 version

edited December 1969

Thank you Takeo :)

edited December 1969

Thank you Takeo.

I have added an updated version at http://www.sharecg.com/v/64489/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Amy-AiMei-for-DAZ-Genesis-(DAZ-Studio-4.0.x)

I would like to know how can you converted the file for using with DAZ Studio 4.0.x?

edited December 1969

Now it works. :cheese:

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Lovely. Thank you both for the 4.0 edition :-)

newworld.jpg
    600 x 600 - 216K
    edited December 1969

Thank you Takeo and Amy, works great :)

edited September 2012

You're welcome all.

@Amy : I have DS4.0x and DS4.5 on the same PC. That's fairly easy to convert with that

Btw here's a little render in blender. Got to work on the skin though

Amy_08.jpg
    1885 x 995 - 562K
    Post edited by Takeo.Kensei on
    edited December 1969

You're welcome all.

@Amy : I have DS4.0x and DS4.5 on the same PC. That's fairly easy to convert with that

How'd you pull that off? all of the admins in the previous discussions about 4.5 have said you can't run both on the same machine.
    edited December 1969

You're welcome all.

How'd you pull that off? all of the admins in the previous discussions about 4.5 have said you can't run both on the same machine.

I know what they said but that's possible even if not for everyone. I'm sorry but I don't want people to mess their install so I won't give a clue on how I really did that. There are already loads of posts of users having installation or content directory problems But if you want both you could try a virtual machine like VMWare or Virtualbox and share your content directories to feed them.

edited December 1969

Installing both 4.0.x and 4.5 on the same PC is tricky. I messed up my installation already. I've to re-install again. I think using virtual machine may be safer.

I wondered if I just changed the line 2 in the file from
    "file_version" : "0.6.0.0",
    to
    "file_version" : "0.5.0.0",
    will solve the problem of compatibility. Could someone try?

Patience55 and Takeo, thank you for the nice renders! Is it hard to fit clothes on my morph?