bad4ubad4u Posts: 684
edited July 2014 in The Commons

Post edited by bad4u on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

There was a problem, so GCs were withdrawn from the store while it is being fixed and rigorously tested in QA. It is a priority issue.

• bad4ubad4u Posts: 684
    edited April 2014

Post edited by bad4u on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Yes, unfortunately DAZ 3D is unable to program when hiccups occur. The sneeky little beggars just sort of sneak up all unexpectedly, without any rhyme or reason.

• tiggerspringstiggersprings Posts: 304
    edited December 1969

The link for Gift "Cards" isn't working. Have they been discontinued? >:-(

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/gift-card

screenshot.07-09-2012_09_.41_.43-g1_.jpg
    620 x 280 - 27K
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

The link for Gift "Cards" isn't working. Have they been discontinued? >:-(

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/gift-card

Some info here.
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,327
    edited December 1969

They are working on getting the CG back up and running.

edited December 1969

My thanks to both of you. :) It looks like I may miss the item I was interested in, so I guess it's just saved money.

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

There was a problem with how the orders were being processed. So we had to pull the GC product till the code can be fixed. Sorry about that, there are a lot of people who like to use them, and we are working on the fix right now. Hope to have it coded, tested and released shortly. No ETA yet. I'll keep you posted.

edited December 1969

Thanks. :-)

edited December 1969

I hope it will be fixed today. There's one 3D Universe item I can get during the PA sale and it will likely be my only purchase this month here at Daz. *crosses fingers*

edited December 1969

Hmmmm, I just tried a work-around -- it's gonna be a lot more time-consuming than a gift card since it requires waiting for my Support Request to be worked, but with any luck I'll end up with enough DAZ store credit for the rest of the sale:

I've just bought an item priced roughly the same amount as I would've bought a gift card for. I then opened a Support Request to return the product for store credit. :coolsmile: Lightbulb moment, yeah?

edited December 1969

Hmmmm, I just tried a work-around -- it's gonna be a lot more time-consuming than a gift card since it requires waiting for my Support Request to be worked, but with any luck I'll end up with enough DAZ store credit for the rest of the sale:

I've just bought an item priced roughly the same amount as I would've bought a gift card for. I then opened a Support Request to return the product for store credit. :coolsmile: Lightbulb moment, yeah?

This seemed like a much better idea two days ago . . . my req hasn't been touched yet. :down: Hope they get to it before the weekend!
    edited December 1969

I hope it works out for you. And not Daz Soon.

edited September 2012

I hope it works out for you. And not Daz Soon.

It did -- Britney came through, all done! I've got enough store credit to (hopefully!) see me through both the PA sale and the PlatClub Anniversary. Y'think six weeks is enough time for DAZ to get the darned gift cards fixed? :roll: If not, I can do this again . . .
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on
    edited December 1969

I certainly hope they get it fixed "real"ly soon, not Daz soon. Although, I probably just have my PC coupon to spend here for the rest of the month, though. Since they moved the PA sale forward from November to September, I don't have money saved to splurge on PA stuff. >:(

• bad4ubad4u Posts: 684
    edited April 2014

Post edited by bad4u on
  • DancingCatDancingCat Posts: 35
    edited December 1969

The gift certificate link doesn't seem to be working. Is it just me? Any workaround?

TIA!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,668
    edited December 1969

It's a known issue, as there was a problem. We don't have an ETA for fixing it.

• EddiEddi Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Allways I buy a gift certificate, so that I not have to use my credit card for each Item. I wanted to buy some Items for the 50% price, but it was not
    posible, because I was not able to buy a gift certificate. Now the price is the regular - but the link doesn_t work util today.
    I have to renounce for this items because the link doesn't work.

Thanks.

edited December 1969

Hey, Daz... Any news on when this is going to be fixed?

edited December 1969

Any updates on when this will be fixed? :(

• trumarcartrumarcar Posts: 489
    edited December 1969

What a shame the Gift Certificates aren't working. They would have been perfect for the sales. As it is, I have missed out on several items.
    Ah well, more to spend elsewhere, I suppose. :down:

• toyyaristoyyaris Posts: 85
    edited December 1969

It's a known issue, as there was a problem. We don't have an ETA for fixing it.

hai maybe I am stupid I know nothing about forums or websites, I don't know what ETA means but if you don't have one can't you buy one???

big hud

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,668
    edited December 1969

ETA = estimated time of arrival. In this case it means we don't have a date by which the problem is expected to be fixed.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

can't they turn it on today for like a half hour? before today's pa selections are over?

:(

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

I would also like to purchase a gift certificate...I can't follow the returned order option as I wish to purchase it for someone else.

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Seriously? They can't get the code for gift certificates fixed in over three WEEKS???

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    I would also like to purchase a gift certificate...I can't follow the returned order option as I wish to purchase it for someone else.
    Seriously? They can't get the code for gift certificates fixed in over three WEEKS???

Considering how many customer-relations frak-ups DAZ has committed with the implied excuse that they're running a business? It really shouldn't be so hard for us to give them our money.
    edited September 2012

*sigh*

I had to laugh when I saw today's tagline for the sale:

Annual PA SALE 2012 Day 24-- Kinda Feels like Christmas Eve

No, not really. I've missed everything that I was interested in and maybe had a chance of buying on my severely limited Poser budget this year due the combination of Daz moving the sale forward from November to September and the gift cards not working. Not to mention the fact that Platinum Club members can no longer use their "coupons" on PA products... Oh, well. Saved some money I guess. Renderosity got the rest (and lion's share) as usual.

Post edited by tiggersprings on
  • shaaeliashaaelia Posts: 613
    edited December 1969

Wow - I had to google search to see the gift card wasn't working. I have money for you, Daz. I know it's a priority, but please fix in the shortest possible time :-)

This discussion has been closed.