SITE UPDATES, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION

Comments

• ScoopeyScoopey Posts: 190
    edited December 1969

i just went to check my platinum club status...
    It warned me not to go any further...so I abandoned looking only to find out that HAL9000 had cancelled by status!

Now I either pay $29 if I need to get it back in a hurry or go shop elsewhere...
    Unfortunately the new website does not have a few bugs..its an epidemic, and in my opinion something of a mistake as it is one error after another I keep on having to get fixed with the accounts department.
    As Daz is no doubt in competition with other stores I can seriously see their business affected when the website is so volatile that it makes it difficult to do things.

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

Scoopey said:
    It warned me not to go any further...so I abandoned looking only to find out that HAL9000 had cancelled by status!

Now I either pay $29 if I need to get it back in a hurry or go shop elsewhere...
    Unfortunately the new website does not have a few bugs..its an epidemic, and in my opinion something of a mistake as it is one error after another I keep on having to get fixed with the accounts department.
    As Daz is no doubt in competition with other stores I can seriously see their business affected when the website is so volatile that it makes it difficult to do things.

You can always contact Sales support for help with issues like this.

• KrazyHorse2KrazyHorse2 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I have searched the forums and can't find an answer to this issue............. I was under the understanding that zip files would be made available for the PC and that all the older installers were be converted to zip. Is this not going to happen? I just wiped my drive and up graded to 4.5, now I have gigs of content to reinstall and the installers take to long. Sorry if this has already been addressed I have had little time this summer to keep up with the forums............

Second question...........Why am I not receiving the PC monthly coupons in my e-mail any longer?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,383
    edited December 1969

Yes it's going to happen. We just just don't have a time frame when it will.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,732
    edited December 1969

I have searched the forums and can't find an answer to this issue............. I was under the understanding that zip files would be made available for the PC and that all the older installers were be converted to zip. Is this not going to happen? I just wiped my drive and up graded to 4.5, now I have gigs of content to reinstall and the installers take to long. Sorry if this has already been addressed I have had little time this summer to keep up with the forums............

They are already working on converting the installers to zip, though they are still releasing new stuff using the .exe installers. Guess there is a technical explanation for this.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Second question...........Why am I not receiving the PC monthly coupons in my e-mail any longer?

It's still planned, but (except for older content which won't install on new Macs), it's waiting for the Install Manager, which is waiting on website features, which are waiting on bug squashing.

I got the weekly PC newsletter about an hour ago with the code.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Yes it's going to happen. We just just don't have a time frame when it will.

Thanks for the quick reply,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

edited December 1969

It's still planned, but (except for older content which won't install on new Macs), it's waiting for the Install Manager, which is waiting on website features, which are waiting on bug squashing.

Thanks I just got the news letter myself. Is there a link to this install manager explaining what it is all about? I only install what is necessary to the studio directory all other content goes to other organized folders. It makes accessing the content a little slower but I can go right to it. If the install manager is going to put every thing in to the studio folder then it useless to me.

edited December 1969

From what I've been told, it allows for multiple content folders. It's optional, if you just want to install the zips manually.

edited December 1969

From what I've been told, it allows for multiple content folders. It's optional, if you just want to install the zips manually.

That's good to hear... Thank you.

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    chohole said:
    Gift Certificates are unavailable temporarily. There was problems with them and the fix is being tested. So when it passes QA they will activate the product again.
    Do we have an ETR?!? Because I keep multiple small charges from the same site from hitting my credit card (gets their fraud dept in a lather, I try to avoid that) by buying myself gift certificates of my intended spending. With the PA sale going on this is an issue -- it's not like I can wait to put a week's worth of products in the cart, the sales only last a day. >:(
    We don't know how long it will take to pass QA. When it's solid and ready we will release it. Sorry for the inconvenience. If there are issues, it may take a bit longer, so we really don't have an ETA.
    Well ... this will save me money. NO PA sale for me.
    *shrugs*
    Now I've only got a couple bucks of store credit left. Is there an ETR yet? Can I open a support ticket so they can charge my credit card for store credit manually? Or do I have to take ::dun-dun-DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!:: drastic steps?
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

The theme here is waiting. We've been waiting for 16 weeks as of tomorrow! For software that was raved about, solid, stable. Can someone please make an official retraction of that statement? Just admit that it is not the stable solution you thought it was. 16 weeks of custom coding to fix things that never should have been an issue in the first place. Custom coding is what you claimed (not you Mike, the proverbial you...since you represent DAZ3D in here) you didn't want to do anymore, because it created all that instability. After 16 weeks, I'd think that there's a goodly amount of the stuff now, and it's still not stable and not where you want it to be, nor where we expected it to be by this point in time. More than a whole quarter year has passed.

The store still doesn't remember that I want to see 60 items per page (it did at one point, but now never does).

There is still a sorting issue with the marketplace pages. If I look at a page of 15 items, ordered by date - descending, some things are newer in that view than when I refresh it at 60 items.

New bugs, some quite severe, keep showing up. In some ways it has gone backwards rather than forwards in regards to working properly.

How long must we wait? Patience is a virtue that I'm afraid is not any more common than sense. Customers are dropping off like flies in a deep freeze.

Dana

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

If anyone at DAZ is interested, just down the road from me is a company that, amongst other things, supports Magento. Just drop me a PM and I will supply contact details.

• ScoopeyScoopey Posts: 190
    edited December 1969

Still "waiting" for my platinum club membership "problem" to be resolved....
    Guess I'll do my shopping at Renderosity which at least seems "stable"...
    And thanks for the comment before, I wonder why I had not seen any platinum club vouchers....hope they back date all the missing ones!
    There again HAL9000 running the site might wipe 'em out before we can spend them!

• DarkRiderDLMCDarkRiderDLMC Posts: 561
    edited December 1969

Scoopey said:

You can always contact Sales support for help with issues like this.

Yes, but it shouldn't be necessary. The changes have turned much of what was pleasurable about shopping here and being a PC member into a burden. I understand the need for patience, I hope the Powers that Be understand the need for speed and functionality.

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Now this fills me with dread... makes it sound like there's some kind of manager I'll have to download, in order to download my Daz purchases...

First they start putting out consistant files that are over 100 meg to download, making it hard to impossible for people on slower dial up connections to get things downloaded (and don't tell me dial up is dead, in rual america it is alive and well.).

Now this...

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

As Mike has said, it is going to be optional.

edited December 1969

Yes, it is optional, for those who don't like zip files. It also has other features which might be of interest, such as checking for updates and only downloading files which have changed.

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

Yes, it is optional, for those who don't like zip files. It also has other features which might be of interest, such as checking for updates and only downloading files which have changed.

What about support to resume downloads even after a session has ended several hours earlier? What if I'm trying to download, for example, an update to Studio, which currently between the 2 installers will take roughly 55 hours on my 2.5k/sec download speed. Can I resume that over the course of a couple weeks without it starting over on me and wasting my limited time each month? We were told resume support would be available, however we were also told the threads wouldn't break and give errors anymore (which they still do anytime a post is deleted or moved), among other things so it's hard to know what to still believe right now :(

edited December 1969

Your making this sound as if the only way to get the zip files is use the download manager................. I just want the zip files like you get from all the other sites..........................I would like to be able to grab 1 or 10+ zips and be able to just drop them into whatever directory I chose.

The question is, are we going to be able to download the zips like we do on the other sites?

edited December 1969

Yes, you can download zips without the Install Manager -- if you have some of the older products (most Gen 2 and Gen 3 era products), reset some and you'll get zips, download them just like you download installers for the new items. You can recognize them by zip files starting with IM, followed by the product number and the product name.

edited December 1969

I don't know what kind of resume support the Install Manager has -- I would hope that's a feature, but I'm not one of the people who got to try it out. It WILL allow you to just download files that have changed, so even if the Genesis Starter Essentials gets updated, you won't have to download a 432GB file anymore.

edited December 1969

Yes, you can download zips without the Install Manager -- if you have some of the older products (most Gen 2 and Gen 3 era products), reset some and you'll get zips, download them just like you download installers for the new items. You can recognize them by zip files starting with IM, followed by the product number and the product name.

Thanks Mike.........Big sigh of re-leaf.

edited December 1969

Thanks for the information... Perhaps you can ask around and see if the resume support will be available? It will play a large part of whether I renew my annual membership or not again. If I can't download from the site there's no point paying for a membership :(

Downloading just the updated files will be helpful, but what happens when it comes to downloading updates for the Studio program itself, or single files that are still large enough for dialup users to cause problems? I have an 8hr session limit before I'm disconnected no matter what, so even if it were possible to stay on long enough for me to download, I wouldn't be able to download things larger than 70mb or so.

Also, do you know if it's possible to just download a single file at a time instead of it just taking off and downloading whatever it finds updated? I would hate to find out that you can't pick and choose what and when you download -_-

edited December 1969

As I understand it, you can pick what you want to download. I'll ask about resuming downloads.

edited December 1969

Thank you, it's much appreciated! I will await your reply!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:

They are already working on converting the installers to zip, though they are still releasing new stuff using the .exe installers. Guess there is a technical explanation for this.
    ..is there any way we can find out which of the older products have already been converted? I would be willing to reset DLs to get the /zip versions (hopefully none of them are "vaulted') as this would make building custom runtimes on the new system so much easier.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Does that mean installing it will be the only way to know which files have been updated?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,858
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:

Does that mean installing it will be the only way to know which files have been updated?

With new products, there seem to be lists of updates on the readme page. And the file name gets incremented when there's an update too. (Well, usually those happen.)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited September 2012

Kerya said:

With new products, there seem to be lists of updates on the readme page. And the file name gets incremented when there's an update too. (Well, usually those happen.)

That is nice - but it means I have either to read all the online readmes from time to time or reset all of my orders from time to time ...
    :ohh:
    Oooooops!
    Edited to add: sorry, but Dazstudio works fine on my machine, but CMS had a bit habit of hanging up ... I just don't trust those little additional parts of software I have to install anymore.

Post edited by Kerya on