Website Suggestions

ScoopeyScoopey Posts: 190
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Just a quick post here.
Since Daz updated its website its been rather full of bugs. As well as being unable to sell products (Carrara 8 Pro upgrade) leaving poor Britney to resolve the mess and as well as this the Platinum Club renewals seems to be hit and miss as well.
If I was a new customer to Daz this would not inspire confidence.

Also how come whilst each product page tells you the minimum requirments it does not tell you any compatibility issues.
For instance I have a new lap top.
I installed Daz studio 4.5
I purchased Generation X which requires Daz studio 4+
Then I find out it does not work with Daz studio 4.5!!!!

Now I got to sit around and either wait for Daz to give me a refund or the original author to make an update..whichever is quicker (and at the moments its probably the update because I'm still waiting for the refund).
This compatibility problem is not something new because according to the forum it has been known about since 4.5 was released but nothing warns you about this.
Does one have to check the forums before every single purchase?
Is Daz slipping into the policy that so many other internet traders have adopted - "We got their money, now we'll worry about any issues they may have or just give 'em the bird."
This is not a very good idea and you will loose loyalty (in one week I got hit by three of the above incidents and by now am not impressed with the way the current website/policy works.)

Comments

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

I've suggested setting up a sticky suggestion box, It's great that you did this :) I think all products that aren't currently supported should have a note on the product description stating as such! I am aware that GenX currently is being updated, but I certainly agree with you, you shouldn't have to search the forum before a purchase to see if it is compatible with the latest Daz studio.

Like what has been requested soo many times already, any updates should have some form of notification... especially a little icon in the downloads page... constantly resetting the downloads list isn't the answer i don't think. Especially when it cant be sorted.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Please note that Gen X is a third party plugin, and therefore Daz3D are reliant on the creator updating it. It is not something that Daz can do themselves.

edited August 2012

chohole said:
    Please note that Gen X is a third party plugin, and therefore Daz3D are reliant on the creator updating it. It is not something that Daz can do themselves.

Yeah, that's understandable... And I imagine the product description is also the third parties (Creators) responsibility.

EDIT: And the creator has been making a good effort in letting us know about the update... Hence the GenX forum. And I'm definately not critisizeing anyone here. :)

Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • ScoopeyScoopey Posts: 190
    edited August 2012

I was not suggesting that Daz update the plugin..but Daz are brokering the product.
    At a guess Daz, must have some control of their site product pages so surely they should flag up any incompatibilities when they become known..they are the ones that have taken my money after all.

Certainly on the Carrara page they let uses know it will not work on some Macs so why not do this with other items..or is $33 classed as not worth bothering about?
    Every time I get sold something that does not work due to known issues that are not flagged up I always feel I have been robbed until I get a refund. The usual addage is pirates are killing the software industry but what about the common practice of legitimate firms selling you stuff that does not work and then taking their time with refunds!!
    If we support those companies then they must have some responsibility to their consumers in return?

Post edited by Scoopey on
    edited December 1969

As teh vendor of the Plug-in is in the process of updating it there is probably no real need to completely revamp a store page, only to have it changed again in a day or so. I am sure , really, that you would prefer the Vendor to be doing that updating rather than revamping his product page

edited December 1969

That's to open an answer!

Can you personally guarantee the update will be ready in the next day?

You say a day..well I waited a day..actually two days now and still no news...
    Where does one draw the line at taking money from consumers until something is fixed..a week?, a month?, six months?.
    I guess its and easy comment to make when its not your money in limbo!!

Unless of course you don't mind throwing money away!
    Unfortunately when I have list of things to do and a time schedule..having capital tied up when it could be reused is not so amusing.

edited December 1969

I did say a day or so, I didn't give a specific timing. I am not the vendor, I don't know, obviously how long it will take himm to update his product.

Daz3D has a robust and well proven 30 day refund policy, So you can be assured that your refund will be processed, once they get to it in the list of support tickets.

edited December 1969

But coming back to my original statement...
    I have to wait for no fault of my own....
    In your opinion is that fair?
    I have created and operated several websites some hard coded in html, CSS, action script and even flash and it took me a couple of seconds to update a page..it was not hard.
    Better still like other sites allow reviews..consumers would state the product did not work in 4.5..
    I've seen Renderosity vendors issue warnings in their product descriptions...

Had there been a warning I would not have bought the damn thing until a later date...
    The system seems to be based on the fact the consumer should research everything in the forums before buying anything - not a good set of principles for customer loyalty.

• info a385info a385 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

But coming back to my original statement...
    I have to wait for no fault of my own....
    In your opinion is that fair?
    I have created and operated several websites some hard coded in html, CSS, action script and even flash and it took me a couple of seconds to update a page..it was not hard.
    Better still like other sites allow reviews..consumers would state the product did not work in 4.5..
    I've seen Renderosity vendors issue warnings in their product descriptions...

Had there been a warning I would not have bought the damn thing until a later date...
    The system seems to be based on the fact the consumer should research everything in the forums before buying anything - not a good set of principles for customer loyalty.[/quote

I totally agree with the OP, using a content management system for the site, you could update it from your desktop in the blink of an eye.

I find it bewildering that an entity that could produce sophisticated animation apps such as the ones on this site, is seemingly incapable of managing the content of a simple website. or producing a definitive manual for its applications.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,535
    edited December 1969

Scoopey said:

The system seems to be based on the fact the consumer should research everything in the forums before buying anything - not a good set of principles for customer loyalty.

yeah, but a good set of principles for life in general. I rarely buy anything without some kind of research into the product. Besides, you have a 30 day guarantee to return it. I have known since 4.5 was released that genX didn't work with it, which is why i haven't installed 4.5 yet. What's the old saying? "Caveat emptor".

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

I fail to see why the customer should check every single product they are planning on buying to see if it will work in the retailers software. It is the retailers responsibility to have accurate information on their listings. It is unprofessional and they are providing false information to their customers. It does not inspire trust. I'm really surprised that so many people are willing to giving Daz a free pass at this. I guess Daz are lucky that they have so many devotees.

edited August 2012

Finally someone that understands me!
    Thankyou!

From what I've seen most "old" Gen X users learned of the problem beforehand.
    I just purchased the item in question..only when it did not work did I learn about the problem.

30 days money back is OK but I'm still waiting...perhaps as it's OK to be misled then I do not need to play by the rules of etiquette either and simply get my card company to refund me the money - as per my rights as a consumer!

What most have failed to realize is other websites selling Poser/D|S goods do issue statements saying how it was tested and at what program issue so the buyer has an idea it will work...

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

For any program that uses third party plugins a major upgrade may require the plugins to be upgraded. That inevitably takes the third party vendors a few days, maybe a few weeks depending on their circumstances.

If you look in the stickies you'll find a thread called "Plugin version numbers for DS 4.5" http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/5976/ That thread is tracking plugins and logging which versions are needed to work with 4.5.

Long term users of Studio are used to the fact that plugins may need to be updated and that it may take a while, so we're not particularly concerned by this, everyone makes their own decision as to whether or not to update yet based on plugin status - I considered waiting for Gen-X to come out, but seeing as everything else works and it probably won't be too long a wait, I went ahead and updated to 4.5 knowing full well that Gen-X would stop working. It's only when vendors don't update plugins at all that people get annoyed and the Gen-X author has clearly stated he is working on the update.

What most have failed to realize is other websites selling Poser/D|S goods do issue statements saying how it was tested and at what program issue so the buyer has an idea it will work…

You're kidding, right? While the situation is improving I still think the most common testing status on other sites is "Not tested in DAZ Studio". (And I suspect you'll find 'most' of us do regularly buy from other stores).

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

"If you look in the stickies you’ll find a thread called “Plugin version numbers for DS 4.5” http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/5976/ That thread is tracking plugins and logging which versions are needed to work with 4.5."

yes, so when they made the topic sticky? I think it was not sticky yesterday.

We can see the some good effect of complaining by user.
    on the other hand, someguy just want stop to say complaining. it is funny.

>the most common testing status on other sites is “Not tested in DAZ Studio”.

it seems great guide about products.

clear and easy. I feel no problem about it. it said that the vendor not suppose
    customer use it in ds . everyone can understand it.

I think daz may say

"we do not remember we tested it or not,maybe it can move in ds 4.5,
    so if you find bug ,please send bug report, maybe we will correct it, as soon as I can.
    of cuoruse the soon neans, DAZ soon. you should study DAZ words.

or if you need to wait untill we will release new RCver , but just buy it now!"

"not tested in DAZ studio 4.5 actually, because we have no time ,so what?
    if you find bug just refund. so what do you want to know?
    check forum and ask there! but just grab it now!! because Now is sale!!"

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,127
    edited December 1969

Scoopey said:

Is Daz slipping into the policy that so many other internet traders have adopted - "We got their money, now we'll worry about any issues they may have or just give 'em the bird."

Daz has a very generous 30 day return policy.... so if you don't want to wait for the plug-in update you can return it.... not to mention the Daz Studio 4 Pro is still free. Yes the Store upgrade was sloppy and still has some major problems and the Studio upgrade involved alot of tweaking and reinstallations..... but it did involve new file formats and I believe an upgrade of the render engine too.
  • DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

"If you look in the stickies you’ll find a thread called “Plugin version numbers for DS 4.5” http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/5976/ That thread is tracking plugins and logging which versions are needed to work with 4.5."

yes, so when they made the topic sticky? I think it was not sticky yesterday.

It's definitely been a sticky for nearly a week now.

>the most common testing status on other sites is “Not tested in DAZ Studio”.

it seems great guide about products.

clear and easy. I feel no problem about it. it said that the vendor not suppose
    customer use it in ds . everyone can understand it.

What it says to me is that the PA couldn't be bothered. I make an honourable exception for a couple of vendors who I know have tried, but can't get Studio running on their machines, but is it really too much trouble to throw it into Studio and see if it works or not?

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

really?

now I can find plug-in topic in stikcy. it feels good thing. if it had been there I just miss it .
    sorry.

then, I request DAZ should be sticky more topics about problems or guide how to use ds 4.5 too.
    I do not request nothing to volunter, or forum member.

actually I do not know "administrater or moderator" have the authority to decide some topic sticky
    or how to order topics.

they said "we are volunteer" so I do not request or complain them never .

I request DAZ company , make clear announcemetns about everything.
    again and again, untill I recognize, they have good announcements system,
    and manuall too.

eg ds 4.5
    it is different by each, what ploblems they have or find about ds 4.5.

as for me,

1,about duplicate ID erroer contents. if they can not define what installer has ID erroer still,
    just say it clearly. top of shop with caution mark. but about new items with duplicate ID erroer,
    seems just they do not check it. it is not allowed.

many items I needed install again, it is fact. so they just discribe and announce it more clealy.
    and apologize about it.

2 how to save old daz sceane file. many old daz file can not load correctly if save as duf.
    so daz should make guide how to recover them officialy.

then,,
    >I make an honourable exception for a couple of vendors who I know have tried, but can’t get Studio running on their machines, but is it >really too much trouble to throw it into Studio and see if it works or not?

they do not hope user use their items in ds 4.5, i think just so. but if user buy the product for his ds,
    the all responsiblity own user. it seems clear. and I can understand many user hope if they test them in ds 4.5 too,

if I were you, just ask them "please make items for ds 4.5, I love your products,
    but I do not want to use poser, or I have not poser(in my case) so make it for ds 4.5.
    send mail or PM to the vendor. (PA) in other shop.

edited August 2012

I am actually a D|S "veteran" - I guess this is the first time I've actually been caught out...my bad I guess for trusting the product page...
    This is however the third incident in a week where things have gone wrong, with Daz store cock-ups so I guess my patience is wearing a bit thin.
    These incidents cost me time, they cost Daz time and hardly makes for an efficient system.

To all those reminding me of the refund policy - I bought the item on Friday so chances are I won't get a refund back to next week some time and I had a number of wishlist items I could have got instead which is why I'm a bit angry.

Also an interesting note - if one should always check the forums for product compatibility and its the users responsibility to check before buying, so why does Daz state Carrara does not work on the Mac Lion system on the product page - surely Mac users should check the forum instead?

And before anyone asks - I could not use an older version of Daz Studio 4 because my laptop is new and the only download I could get was 4.5!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

My downloads include both 4.5 and 4.0.3.47 when I reset.

edited December 1969

Don't really matter to me now...this stupid piece of cr*p website just cancelled my platinum club status on its own!

edited December 1969

Please file a support ticket on that, using Sales as the dept.

edited December 1969

If your still within your PC membership valid period... Daz will fix it up quickly if you let them know :cheese:

edited December 1969

Done that already but it looks like I'm going to have to wait a few days until they can sort it out for me!
    Oh boy another week another problem....
    Is it just me the Daz website does not like or is it really that crap....the old one worked like a dream..
    To quote Scotty from "The Search for Spock": "The more complicated they make the plumbing the easier it is to bung it up.

edited December 1969

I'd like to make a suggestion...

Notifications (Beside the PM Notifier box on the page) that let us know when someone has commented/posted on a thread you are watching. Like Facebook :) That way we don't have to sift through hundreds of email notifications to find out if someone has posted replies to a thread.