Using the New Forums (In Progress) - Please Post Questions and Issues Here !

Comments

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Screen left?  Extreme left as in on the border or before one gets to the Avatar?  I don't see the black box at all.  I'm running Cyberfox which is Firefox but 64 bit. 

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086

See, I told you everyone would want them!   laugh

Dana

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Oh, those little black boxes,  bullet points it looks like.  Do you also see the first post of every thread as bein without one, so slightly out of kilter with the rest of the first page .

• RAMWolff said:

Screen left?  Extreme left as in on the border or before one gets to the Avatar?  I don't see the black box at all.  I'm running Cyberfox which is Firefox but 64 bit. 

Border, I suppose is the best description...

BlackBoxes.png
    1622 x 1080 - 637K
  • Chohole said:

Oh, those little black boxes,  bullet points it looks like.  Do you also see the first post of every thread as bein without one, so slightly out of kilter with the rest of the first page .

Indeed, 'tis true!

Vin

• Latest FireFox, ....and I can see little  black boxes to the extreme left... (click to highlight EVERYTHING in the post)

Current version of Firefox here, too, and I don't see them, not even if I select and highlight the whole page.

Could it be some weird sort of tracker graphic that not everyone sees? I use Adblock Plus, which does indicate 7 blocks on this page.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,147
    edited September 2015
    I am on my Android phone with Chrome browser. I have the black boxes, too.
    Screenshot_2015-09-11-13-54-48.png
    1080 x 1920 - 212K
    Post edited by barbult on
    RAMWolff said:

I guess something in the Cyberfox code hides those.  I don't see them!  Oh well! 

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,063

I'm on a low-speed (dial-up) connection - so what I see is the page loading normally and rendering as expected - and then everything does a re-flow to the right and the boxes pop into place - gotta be some style sheet that hits near the end to do this.

• namffuak said:

so what I see is the page loading normally and rendering as expected - and then everything does a re-flow to the right and the boxes pop into place - gotta be some style sheet that hits near the end to do this.

Might very well be something like that — I frequently see similar bouncing page elements, but on the store front page, on my first visit each day before I log in. Wouldn't be the first time a DAZ stylesheet's done Weird Stuff™...

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569

...don't see them here, then again I have popup and ad blockers active as well as NoScript.

• Well, I've opened a support ticket.

And apparently "they're working on a fix". Fingers crossed...

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited September 2015

You probably wonder (if you even bother reading my posts) why I keep whining on about old style links not working with this new forum software.

Okay, so I sound like a broken record continually repeating.

But just for a laugh go to Richard Haseltine's stickied "DAZ Studio 4 Frequently Asked Questions" thread at the top of the DAZ Studio Discussion forum, and under the "General DAZ Studio 4 Questions (first heading in the OP) click the ">>>" link at the right of "Do I have to uninstall previous versions of DAZ Studio before I install DAZ Studio 4?"

Now tell me that old style links not working isn't a problem that should be fixed !

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

You probably wonder (if you even bother reading my posts) why I keep whining on about old style links not working with this new forum software.

Okay, so I sound like a broken record continually repeating.

But just for a laugh go to Richard Haseltine's stickied "DAZ Studio 4 Frequently Asked Questions" thread at the top of the DAZ Studio Discussion forum, and under the "General DAZ Studio 4 Questions (first heading in the OP) click the ">>>" link at the right of "Do I have to uninstall previous versions of DAZ Studio before I install DAZ Studio 4?"

Now tell me that old style links not working isn't a problem that should be fixed !

Actually, that's been broken for quite a while...

forum.daz links broke LAST forum software update! 

• Hmm, I wonder if they didn't convert because they are links within the thread? OK, fun job for me to do sometime.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,080
    edited September 2015

Is there a way to ignore a thread?

I like to go through the new threads since my last visit, and some of the threads I'm not interested in, and it just makes it all cluttered.

I know I can remove these threads using AdBlock, but this method slows down the browser after a while.

Post edited by Ati on
  • I'm not aware of a way to hide threads, sorry.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,080

I'm not aware of a way to hide threads, sorry.

Too bad. :( Thanks for the response! :)

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    RAMWolff said:
    RAMWolff said:

I guess something in the Cyberfox code hides those.  I don't see them!  Oh well! 

And their vertical position is not fixed.  I waa going to mention that the little black box I see is (relative to your avatar) on a level with your hair line and just a bit further from the left edge of your avatar that the distance between your eyes.  Then I see this post and it is in line with your nose!  I guess it must be based on a percentage of post height.

Have you noticed that the first post in a thread does not have the little black box? It is like all following posts are indented as a bulleted list.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    barbult said:

Have you noticed that the first post in a thread does not have the little black box? It is like all following posts are indented as a bulleted list.

That was what I said in this post   http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/903641/#Comment_903641

Chohole said:
    barbult said:

That was what I said in this post   http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/903641/#Comment_903641

Ah, so you did! I missed or forgot that (getting to that age of forgetfulness, you know. blush)

edited September 2015

OK.  Now I'm getting some weird bug report banner at the top of my page here and in the store.  There is some weird error that tells me it can't access my account or my cart contents.  Sheesh!  I can't access any of it either!   angry

There has been an error processing your request

Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons.

Error log record number: 1126490809954

Magento is a trademark of Magento Inc. Copyright © 2013 Magento Inc.

Post edited by RAMWolff on
  • IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,114

I'm getting the same error, and the store won't open , and the gallery is broke :(

I relogged and it seems to all be working again.

icecrmn said:

I relogged and it seems to all be working again.

I can't even log out. I get the error and stay logged in.

I also rebooted my computer, I don't know if that helped at all, but I needed to go get another drink anyway, so I just restarted the whole thing.

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    RAMWolff said:

OK.  Now I'm getting some weird bug report banner at the top of my page here and in the store.  There is some weird error that tells me it can't access my account or my cart contents.  Sheesh!  I can't access any of it either!   angry

There has been an error processing your request

Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons.

Error log record number: 1126490809954

Magento is a trademark of Magento Inc. Copyright © 2013 Magento Inc.

Whenever I see that, I think 'Send in the X-Men!', then I see it's Magento!

CHEERS!

Seems better now....

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569

...looks like they swapped the login/new account buttons on the homepage.