Sadie to genesis?

Comments

• TheNathanParableTheNathanParable Posts: 984
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...granted, I was coming from a Gen3/4 perspective because that is what I primarily work with as the Figure Mixer in S3A cannot mix toon and "realistic" meshes.

Jasmin, Amy, Chibi, and Nata were designed exclusively for Genesis and there are no standalone versions that work on older versions of Studio or Poser.

Actually, I do believe Nata was based off an older standalone Poser figure by the same name.

http://smay3d.com/free_01.htm

So as you can see, what was originally a decent standalone figure that didn't receive much in the way of support, is now a popular Genesis shape that gets regular use and is capable of using any Genesis hair/outfit/texture/whatever for extra versatility.

On the discussion on GnSadie, I am really looking forward to her! However, there's something about her face that feels odd. Could you perhaps post an image comparing the classic Sadie to the new Sadie? I don't know if it's the lighting you used or the realistic texture, but the face looks different to how I remember Sadie. Perhaps she would look better with a more toony texture, like Hitomi's.

Sam looks perfect though. Can't wait to get my hands on these! :D

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited September 2012

...[post removed]

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...apparently the only version of Nata I can find exists in 3DS format (at nearly 50$ for the base figure). Nothing turns up at Rendo or RDNA for the poser compatible version. So apparently as with the original Sara, the character is no more.

Um, I just linked to the original figure. She's free from Smay's official website.
    http://smay3d.com/free_01.htm
    It's the one called Nata Basics.

There's a good chance that 3DS version, unless it was uploaded by Smay himself, is actually being sold without his permission (it's happened before with other Poser figures, one person even tried to get away with selling V4 on a Turbosquid style website).

The original figures are not going to disappear if enough people are still using them. Just look at the Anime Doll Kit. Despite Daz releasing quite a few of their own Anime figures, figures that on the whole receive a lot more support, the original Anime Doll Kit by MayaX still exists because people still use her.

Worrying that Genesis will somehow cause the classic Poser community to commit mass suicide and remove any trace of it's existence is a bit on the paranoid side. >.>

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,311
    edited December 1969

To answer the question posed about separate head/body morphs - Sadie for Genesis comes with a extra head morph that can be used alone for just Sadie's head on the Genesis body, or can be used to zero out the Sadie morph to get Sadie's body with a Genesis head.

We've now added a Sam morph to the mix.

S

Thanks for the answer.
    Just love the Sam addition.

Kyoto Kid I think we all get how you feel about DS4 and Genesis but to honest I'm really getting tired of having to trawl through post after post reiteerating those opinions, in threads where they arn't really relevant.
    Perhaps you could start your own thread where you can post your thoughts and opinions without destracting from things others are interested in seeing and hearing about.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited September 2012

@Kyoto Kid. Stand alone figures are a dying bread. They are the past, Morphs are the future. Look at all those poor new stand alone figures being released, crying for content support. Reality is, nobody wants to start from scratch building a library of morphs, waiting for textures and clothing on a new figure. They have all done that dance with M4/V4. Genesis gives you a head start faster than any figure because it supports what you already have. Nothing can beat that. Vendors see it, and soon everybody will, its only a matter of time.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited September 2012

...[post removed]

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid I think we all get how you feel about DS4 and Genesis but to honest I'm really getting tired of having to trawl through post after post reiteerating those opinions, in threads where they arn't really relevant.
    Perhaps you could start your own thread where you can post your thoughts and opinions without destracting from things others are interested in seeing and hearing about.

Agreed. This is a thread for sadie and for 3D Universe to show her and all her capabilities. Please take discussions regarding how upset you are about DAZ to another thread like the one going on in the commons right now titled: "It’s just too bad . . . ". That is the perfect place for the discussion at hand. We would appreciate it. I don't want to make it sound like I don't want to hear your opinion ... because i actually do, but I'm sure the original poster probably doesn't appreciate it and i think many here want to celebrate Sadie and what a great little new figure she is AND all the hard work that went into her.

That being said, since she is Genesis, she can be mixed with the main Genesis Figures to make new figures and wow, I really love the combos...

These are from the 3D Universe thread...

SadieGenesis07BasicChildWIP.jpg
    500 x 650 - 30K
    SadieGenesis05-ComparisonWIP.jpg
    500 x 650 - 38K
    edited September 2012

...removed all the "offending" posts. Mods if you wish please delete all my posts (save this one) to this thread.

I apologise for the derails.

After what I have experienced with Studio4 and Genesis, I am not sold. I love Sadie, next to V4 she occupies the largest segment of my runtime. I guess I am just tired of seeing all this fawning over Genesis and feeling that my investment in this hobby over the years will be useless with all the changes that are occurring. I cannot afford to dump hundreds more out of my limited budget into making Genesis "useful".

Studio 4.5 is buggy as all heck, I am tired of spending the time fighting bugs and playing beta tester instead of creating the pictures I would like to.

Time to move on, I have PP2012, I have Blender with the Cycles render engine, and I still have Studio 3.1.2.32 with Reality/Lux.

...and I still have my Sadie.

edited December 1969

I am so looking forward to Sadie.

Is there any ETA for her and about what price range are you guys thinking?

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Love seeing Sadie mixed with standard Genesis morphs and I love Sam absolutely gorgeous....

edited December 1969

I know. I have a fairy tale to illustrate with little girls as the main characters and mixing Sadie with Genesis Evolution morphs and Ethnicity morphs will bring a cast of THOUSANDS to my doors if I need it. Not to mention the possibilities with hair and wardrobe.

Great work guys! Hopefully we will see her soon!

• 3D Universe3D Universe Posts: 327
    edited December 1969

We've created an ultra outfit for both Sadie and Sam. Similar to the one made for our Toon Generations, this body suit has the ability to morph into multiple styles of clothing.

It also includes a randomizer so you can easily create a unique outfit in a few clicks.

S

WIPSadieGenesis09.jpg
    500 x 650 - 134K
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

We've created an ultra outfit for both Sadie and Sam. Similar to the one made for our Toon Generations, this body suit has the ability to morph into multiple styles of clothing.

It also includes a randomizer so you can easily create a unique outfit in a few clicks.

S

Very cool...!
    edited December 1969

And this outfit will work on all Genesis shapes?

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Great image. I wonder, what hair is the wavy one on the girl to the right?

• Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited December 1969

That looks like one of the Sadie Hairstylz
    edited December 1969

When? *worried look*

Wheeeeennnnn? *wistful sigh*

*chuckle* Kidding...I'll wait. :)

edited December 1969

And this outfit will work on all Genesis shapes?

Yes, the outfit would work on any Genesis shape. See attached image of the Mountain Troll wearing a randomised Sam outfit.

S

Troll_UltraOutfit.jpg
    500 x 650 - 39K
    edited December 1969

JeanneM said:

Good catch - the hairstyle is an updated one (converted to Genesis) from Sadie Hairstylz.

S

edited December 1969

JeanneM said:

Good catch - the hairstyle is an updated one (converted to Genesis) from Sadie Hairstylz.

S
    Thanks Steve. :)
    An updated one, so I can reset mine and then I can use it also for Genesis? That would be great!

Keep up on doing the things you like to do, :)
    Love, Jeanne

edited December 1969

JeanneM said:
    JeanneM said:

S
    Thanks Steve. :)
    An updated one, so I can reset mine and then I can use it also for Genesis? That would be great!

Keep up on doing the things you like to do, :)
    Love, Jeanne

We aren't updating the original Sadie products - that would be confusing. This is a new Genesis version of the hair.

S

edited December 1969

Okay, thank you for replying. Sadie for Genesis looks very promising so I'll wait and see what comes with her when she comes out. :)

Love, Jeanne

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

It's great to see, that this upcoming bundle comes with a lot of the "old" clothes and hair as updated version, but I would like to ask, if you can show us a pic of Sadie Fae using AutoFit. I'm just curious how the original clothes will fit the new characters.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

So so pleased that Sadie for Genesis is being fully realized along with Sam. The Auto Fit template thrown in and some new content ..... I guess I better get my dollars in order. You done real well here Mr. Amazing and wonderful! The renders that Robert posted showing her in percentages and then mixed with the basic child are just spell binding and cute as hell. Yes, this is one to own for sure!

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

Wow too cool , I've looked I've admired your toon characters ,but until I started useing Genesis I didn't buy them cause I couldn't see useing them
    very much.But now with them being part of Genesis this is great!! thank you so much!!

Is Sadie ready yet??

How about now ? hmmmm okay waiting ........... what about now ?? OK Ok I'll just sit here and be good and wait quietly ....

edited December 1969

It's great to see, that this upcoming bundle comes with a lot of the "old" clothes and hair as updated version, but I would like to ask, if you can show us a pic of Sadie Fae using AutoFit. I'm just curious how the original clothes will fit the new characters.

I can't do that as I don't own the product.

S

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

So is there any word on when Sadie for Genesis might be available??

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

I would guess not until after the PA sale is over, since 3D Universe was one of the early PA vendors in the sale with the release of their Mountain Troll for Genesis as their new item.

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

cwichura said:
    I would guess not until after the PA sale is over, since 3D Universe was one of the early PA vendors in the sale with the release of their Mountain Troll for Genesis as their new item.

Steve confirmed this in the related thread on his own site.

edited December 1969

This set will be available in early October.

S