Cyborg M4

gabugabu Posts: 303
edited September 2012 in The Commons

It looks great!

I hate to say it, but when posing it with M4 poses the feet are detaching from the legs.

It happened after I used a zero pose and then they stay detached from that point on no matter what pose I tried (they move around with the pose but are not actually attached to the leg).

I am using 4.5.

Oops. I just tried zeroing the pose with a pose from another pose set and the feet stayed OK. So it looks like some pose sets may give problems.

Hands detaching with some poses too.

Post edited by gabu on

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited December 1969

There is a script that fixes this. Although they said in 4.5 it is an automated fix, I find the script still works better. Its called fix hands and feet.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/60772/related/11/Poser/Genesis-Hand-and-Foot-Fix-Pose

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

I don't have it, but it might be worth checking whether the poses causing issues are dialling in Translations as well as Rotations at the affected joints, if they are then they may need to be zeroed to make the pose work.

• gabugabu Posts: 303
    edited December 1969

That fix is working in most cases I have tried so far.

But I have come across one case where it moved the feet almost to where they should be, but not quite.

Is this a problem within the Cyborg M4 and that can be fixed in it? I have not had this problem with M4 so far in 4.5.

edited December 1969

Just did a test. That script works perfectly on cyberM4. I bought it this afternoon. Had the same issues with the feet and hands being detached. one click on the script and problem solved.

edited September 2012

luxgabu said:
    That fix is working in most cases I have tried so far.

But I have come across one case where it moved the feet almost to where they should be, but not quite.

Is this a problem within the Cyborg M4 and that can be fixed in it? I have not had this problem with M4 so far in 4.5.

What pose set? So far the poses I tried are all working.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited September 2012

It looks to be this one that is giving the problems:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/editorial-style-homme-m4

but I am getting problems with other sets as well.

It might be made worse by the fact that I was applying pose after pose to the same figure.

With a 'clean' figure the pose fix is working so far.

Post edited by gabu on
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,878
    edited December 1969

Are you using the Zero Firgure or Zero pose? There is a difference. Zero figure should not be used.

edited December 1969

I have been using the zero pose from that pose set I quoted.

edited December 1969

luxgabu said:
    I have been using the zero pose from that pose set I quoted.

Try selecting a figure and go to the Parameter Tab, in the menu in the upper right choose "Zero > pose" to see if that makes a difference

edited December 1969

Yes, that method works OK.

edited December 1969

In DS, if you go to "Edit > Preferences" you can make that option a button on one of your tool bars for easy access.

edited December 1969

Err, where do I do that in preferences? I can't find anything that seems to indicate toolbar modification.

I think having a button for the fix would be a good idea too.

edited December 1969

luxgabu said:
    Err, where do I do that in preferences? I can't find anything that seems to indicate toolbar modification.

I think having a button for the fix would be a good idea too.

Sorry, Im tired. I meant Customize.

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

luxgabu said:

I think it's more an issue of applying translations to a model other than the one they were designed for. Rotations seem to be pretty flexible, but translations can break any figure. I have broken Gen-4 figures using translations, usually there's a point up to which they may help with a more extreme pose, and then things go very wrong very quickly.

edited December 1969

Because the blurb said that it could take M4 poses I was trying all different ones just to see what it looked like. In a real use situation I won't be doing anything like that.

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    edited December 1969

I was just about ready to press the buy button, when I saw this comment at facebook:
    "David Thompson downloaded no probs.. doesn't work in Carrara though! :-("

Can anyone try this in Carrara?

Assuming the thread is about
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/cyborg-model-4

• DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473
    edited December 1969

Hi Folks, I'm glad everyone is playing with it. The Fit to figure is with M4, he comes in with his feet already posed and not zeroed. So, when you fit him to the Cyborg, the feet get over posed. Zeroing M4 before fitting him to the Cyborg should take care of any problems.

Also, with some of M4's poses, there are key issues with the trans x,y,z (ie: k 0 0 .2876276) which causes the feet and hands to detach. Daz didn't want to fix every M4 pose so I made a forced .cr2. If you use this .cr2 in DS4+ it will ast you if you want to use limits (yes).

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?6c42g80mo246ng3

I tried to make this model as compatible with M4 as possible, just take note, some poses have junk saved in them that may have undesired effects. Also, he has a lot more bones (parts) then M4 ;)

• edited September 2012

I had a lot of fun playing with this guy today. It's definitely the type of character I tend to enjoy. :) A larger version is over at DeviantArt: http://fav.me/d5dkmwd

cyberdoom_web.jpg
    400 x 533 - 101K
    Post edited by wchrapcynski_b562ab9a23 on
  • Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,258
    edited December 1969

I thought you were going to make a Genesis version of this.

• BC RiceBC Rice Posts: 591
    edited September 2012

3drendero said:
    I was just about ready to press the buy button, when I saw this comment at facebook:
    "David Thompson downloaded no probs.. doesn't work in Carrara though! :-("

Can anyone try this in Carrara?

Assuming the thread is about
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/cyborg-model-4

Works fine in my Carrara. Here's a quick render.

Flipping through the shaders and textures trying to locate the half-M4/half-cyborg doohickey.

He reacts exactly to M4 animations and poses as well.

Cyborg_Test.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 221K
    Post edited by BC Rice on
    edited December 1969

I dunno much about polygons and all that business, but for some reason this guy renders hella fast! :D

I usually do more toon-style rendering stuff, which I'm sure I'll do with him, so I'm not a crazy texture person. But for as fast as he renders, considering he's metallic, it's pretty awesome. :)

edited December 1969

DzFire said:
    Hi Folks, I'm glad everyone is playing with it. The Fit to figure is with M4, he comes in with his feet already posed and not zeroed. So, when you fit him to the Cyborg, the feet get over posed. Zeroing M4 before fitting him to the Cyborg should take care of any problems.

Also, with some of M4's poses, there are key issues with the trans x,y,z (ie: k 0 0 .2876276) which causes the feet and hands to detach. Daz didn't want to fix every M4 pose so I made a forced .cr2. If you use this .cr2 in DS4+ it will ast you if you want to use limits (yes).

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?6c42g80mo246ng3

I tried to make this model as compatible with M4 as possible, just take note, some poses have junk saved in them that may have undesired effects. Also, he has a lot more bones (parts) then M4 ;)

Hiya -- I'm trying to find how to blend this figure with M4. Not seeing it anywhere. Is it some special device? I only use Carrara.

I could probably layer M4 and this character, link them in the hierarchy and then "invisible" M4's arms and legs, but that wouldn't help me on the face. How'd you make that happen?

Thanks! :)

edited December 1969

For the face, in DS I used a magnet to push the face/head in. First time I used one and took about a minute to set up.

edited September 2012

BCRice, thank you for the quick answer.

Just bought the CyberM4 and did my first Carrara render of him, looks ok for a 5 minute job, but some of the leg pistons got detached...

/Edit Could not resist, added another pose, some pistons are loose again..

DzFire, could you explain once more what sort of bugs the attached file above will help with?

cyberm4_elitescene2.jpg
    500 x 650 - 98K
    cyberm4_elitescene.jpg
    500 x 650 - 129K
    Post edited by 3drendero on
    edited December 1969

3drendero said:
    BCRice, thank you for the quick answer.

Just bought the CyberM4 and did my first Carrara render of him, looks ok for a 5 minute job, but some of the leg pistons got detached...

/Edit Could not resist, added another pose, some pistons are loose again..

DzFire, could you explain once more what sort of bugs the attached file above will help with?

You zeroed the figure. When that happens, it turns off the point at function for the pistons. Zero pose shouldn't have that affect. You'll need to save your pose, delete the figure and reload the figure and pose. ;)

edited December 1969

DzFire said:
    For the face, in DS I used a magnet to push the face/head in. First time I used one and took about a minute to set up.

Ah, gotchya. In Carrara we have something similar. I'll give it a go. Thanks

edited December 1969

Did a super quick animation test of him. Again, he renders super fast. I'm going to have to look at the piston issue as well by his neck. But he's fun regardless. ;)

Go ahead and click HD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixgpZltihJs

edited December 1969

Just remember, don't zero the figure or the pistons will break and if asked, use the limits. The pistons and shafts need the 'point at' function enabled. :)

edited December 1969

Quick animation if you haven't seen it already.

http://youtu.be/YpSG59McF0s

edited September 2012

Still having issues with detached pistons, though I can only follow your latest instruction partly.
    I close down everything, load Cyborg, load M4 General Pose and instant busted piston. No zeroing, no nothing.

Still a noob in Carrara so I have not learned to save a pose, if that is essential.
    Trying in Daz studio now... Yes, flawless in Daz Studio, seems to be an issue with Carrara 8.1 Pro, trying the 8.5 beta some other time...

Post edited by 3drendero on