External Library vs Victoria 4 (Poser Pro 2012)

lannabullslannabulls Posts: 0
edited August 2012 in Poser Discussion

Sorry about my beginner question anyway i'm having problem installing Victoria 4 in external library.
Windows 7 (64 bit)
My poser pro 2012 is installed in “C/ Program File (64 and 32”,
i create a main library in:
E: “E/Poser Library/Poser Pro 2012Content/”
then i create another library:
“E/Poser Library/Poser Pro 2012 Content-V4/” for Victoria 4 only.
Inside both libraries a dummy file txt named "Poser.exe"

I just create the main structure “E/Poser Library/Poser Pro 2012 Content-V4/” without putting folders inside as "runtime/Libraries, Geometries, etc,"
i install Victoria 4 and the installer create "runtime" folder and some sub folder.
What i want ask when i’m going to create a new library, as the first time i just make the structure as exp “E/Poser Library/Poser Pro 2012 Content-V4/”
or i must add runtime folder and sub folders too:
“E/Poser Library/Poser Pro 2012 Content-V4/Runtime/ and inside 4 subfolders: Geometries, Libraries,RedMe, Textures folders”, inside Libraries subfolder 9 subfolders:
Camera, Character, Face, Hair, Hand, Light, Material, Pose, Props

I ask that cause i notice that i install victoria 4 and i have just one folder in my runtime “Figure/Daz People”, the "read me" file say:
“You can find new icons for loading this product in the following Poser Libraries:
Figures:
“DAZ People”
Pose:
“DAZ’s Victoria 4\General Poses”
“DAZ’s Victoria 4\Magnetize Clothing”
“DAZ’s Victoria 4\MATerials Sample-Res”
“DAZ’s Victoria 4\Morph Injections”“
My library “E/Poser Library/Poser Pro 2012 Content-V4/” completely miss a folder named "Pose", no folder as "Libraries/Pose."

So when i make a new library i must add also the structure, runtime/ and subfolders?
What is the proper way to install Victoria 4? may it is better when install Victroria 4 in an external runtime as i read in forum, target Daz Studio and no Poser as i did when installation ask to target the main software then DO NOT initialize Victoria at the end of installation, initialize her running the 2 bat files (ExPFiles-V4.bat
- DzCreateExPFiles-V4V3.bat) manually?
Please do not tell me: "go read about, in internet this subject is been discussed so many time" cause i read a lot about and every tutorial give completely different informations, about the same subject some say: "DO THAT" some other " DO NOT DO", etc

thanks a lot!

Post edited by lannabulls on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

The installer should have created all needed subfolders. Can you expand all of the folders in the E/Poser Library/Poser Pro 2012 Content-V4/ folder please?

• lannabullslannabulls Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

In my poser pro 2012
    "E/Poser Library/Poser Pro 2012 Content-V4/" with default content then
    "E/Poser Library/Poser Pro 2012 Content-V4/" where i have just one installation, Victoria 4, so a completely poser clen installation
    I install Victoria 4 again making the tree, "runtime with all subfolders", every sub folders now are there in my E disk, the "Libraries/Pose" subfolder that was missing before now is there, my sub folder "pose" has inside another subfolder named "victoria 4" inside other subfolders, etc, however i turn on poser, i link my new library "Poser Pro 2012 Content-V4/", it shows up but i got just one subfolder "Daz People/Victoria 4.2", what about the "pose" sub folder? It must shows too?
    the read me file says that i must have files in Pose:
    "DAZ's Victoria 4\General Poses"
    "DAZ's Victoria 4\Magnetize Clothing"
    "DAZ's Victoria 4\MATerials Sample-Res"
    "DAZ's Victoria 4\Morph Injections"
    These files are there in my E disk but dont show up when i turn on poser in my library "Poser Pro 2012 Content-V4/" , overthere only one file "Daz People/Victoria 4.2",
    Sorry about my beginner questions, my first time with all these files is not easy at all!!!!!!!
    Thank

• wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6 Posts: 183
    edited December 1969

Since you are a beginner, I have to ask: Did you press the round buttons in the top of the library to go to the different categories? One of them is the Pose category (the second one from the left)

edited December 1969

You right WimvdBI, what the stupid that i'm!!!!!!!
    I was looking in a wrong place, i did not know that library is divided in categories, i mean that i was aspecting to find all contents in the first page, sorry again!!!!!!What the stupid that i'm!!!!!!!!!! Have a little patience with me, thank a lot !!!!!

One more problem, i install "morphs ++" for victoria 4, i need this file cause is the base for install others Victoria contents that i need and required morphs ++ to work properly .
    The installation went fine however "morphs ++" add one more file in ""Daz People" subfolder, here now i have 2 files "Victoria 4.2" installed by the prrevious installation Victoria Base and "V 4.2 to V3" installed by "Morphs ++". If i open "V 4.2 to V3" poser open internet explorer browser asking "V4toV3BODYGrps.pz2" file, i went looking for this file in "E/Poser Library/Poser Pro 2012 Content-V4/" but i can not find it, what i'm doing wrong? I need V3 installed?
    Can you explain to me please?
    Thanks a lot and sorry again!!!!!!!

edited December 1969

We are all so used with using categories, that we often forget to tell new users about it. The manual and the project guide in Poser itself help you somewhat with the different aspects of poser. Also the tutorial site on posers web site at Smith Micro might help you get started or better familiarize you with the user interface.

About not finding the file for V4. There are 2 things which need to be done when you install V4 and its morphs. The first is to install (you have done that) and the second step is to initialize V4 and its morphs. Normally the installer asks you to do so, but sometimes this does not work. However - the install program places these intialize files onto the desktop. These are batch files and you can run time. These batchfiles match the morph files with the correct location where the V4 files are installed. I think that is what you need to do. But it has been years since I had to do that, so I am not too familiar anymore with the exact procedures. Maybe Richard will help you here if the intialize files do not work

edited September 2012

Thank a lot WimdB, your suggestions are gold, thank a lot!
    I did initialize "Morphs ++" as i did with "Victoria 4 base" to, at the end of installation it ask me for initialize and i did it, about "Victoria4 base" i know where bat files are in order to initialize manually however "V4" is working properly, what about "morphs ++" bat files, what the exact name and where i can find them or it? The installer did not place any file on my desktop
    I install "morphs ++" initialize and the software promp me with a window saying that everything was initialize and installed correctly, may it not initialize properly, can you answer please the above questions?
    Thank a lot!
    May this can help you understand better:
    I try to open “V 4.2 to V3”, poser pronts me with internet explorer serching for “V4toV3BODYGrps.pz2”,
    it point me in C where Poser is instralled however my libraries are installed in E
    “E/Poser Library/Poser Pro 2012 Content” the main library with default installation contents
    “E/Poser Library/Poser Pro 2012 Content-V4” only for Victoria 4
    I manually serch “V4toV3BODYGrps.pz2” in “E/Poser Library/Poser Pro 2012 Content-V4/Runtime/Libraries/!Daz/V4toV3/” as you told, inside “.../!Daz/V4toV3/” there are so many sub folders may you know where exatly is “V4toV3BODYGrps.pz2” located in your library, in which subfolder “.../!Daz/V4toV3/.....................................”?
    Thanks a lot

edited December 1969

First question: Does the V4.2 work ok?
    If yes, there seems to have gone somethiing wrong with the V4.2 to V4 intialization. You can start it by hand by going to the initialization file on your E drive. There is a batch file called DzCreateExpFiles-V4V3.bat. This is located in the runtime:libraries:!DAZ folder. Executing that batchh file will initialize V4.2 to V3

If V4.2 does not work, then that one is not initialized either or something else is wrong
    The usual culprint is that the external library (on your E drive ) is not attached, but if yoi see the files in Poser that could not be the problem.
    If reinitializing does not work, there is one trick you can do (if all else fails) and that is to copy the entire !DAZ folder (on E:, runtime:libraries:!DAZ) and its subfolders to the exact same place on the C drive (ONLY the !DAZ folder and subfolders, not the rest). But this is a last resort and should not be necessary.

One more remark on Posers libraries.
    PP2012 creates 2 runtime libraries. One in program files and one in the (public) document files. Under normal circumstanced NEVER install to the library in program files. Only to the one in the document folders or an external library. The reason for this is that Windows 7 does not like to have programs using the program folders to store data and will remove it. The reason why copying the !DAZ folder will work is because YOU are doing the copying (as administrator most likely) and not a program

I hope this helps

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

The installer performs the initialisation step only for V4, it doesn't do it for V4 to V3. Running the batch file manually, as WimvdB describes, will fix the problem (and there are few, if any, additional morph sets for V4 to V3 so you shouldn't need to do it again).

edited December 1969

You right!
    Victoria 4 base comes with 2 bat files "DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat" and "DzCreateExPFiles-V4V3.bat" for initialize her:
    if initialized at the end of installation it runs only "DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat", run "DzCreateExPFiles-V4V3.bat" manually as i did and finally "V4.2 to V3" it will work fine,
    thank a lot to everybody your help is really apreciated!

edited December 1969

one more help please, sorry about my stupid question too:
    i installed
    "Victoria 4 Bodysuit"
    and
    "Diving Suits for V4 Bodysuit", this gadget needs "Victoria 4 Bodysuit" in order to work properly,
    both gadgets are installed and work fine.
    About "Victoria 4 Bodysuit" the "ReadMe" file say:
    You can find new icons for loading this product in the following Poser libraries:
    Figures: "DAZ's Victoria 4 Clothing"
    Pose: "DAZ's Victoria 4:MATs V4BodySuit"
    About "Diving Suits for V4 Bodysuit", the "ReadMe" file say:
    You can find new icons for loading this product in the following Poser Libraries:
    Pose: "V4DivingBodysuitMATs"
    How can i dress "Victroria 4" with "Victoria 4 Bodysuit" , and then apply "Diving Suits for V4 Bodysuit"? for "Victoria 4 Bodysuit" i have files in "figure" and "pose" if in poser i open Victoria 4 and i want dress her with
    "Victoria 4 Bodysuit" i try to open file "Victoria 4 Bodysuit" in "figure" and it replace "Victoria 4" with "Victoria 4 Bodysuit" cause obviously both are figures, can you explain to me how it works please, i was expecting "Victoria bodysiut" in clothes not in figure!!!!
    hope i can make you understand with my poor written english,
    thank a lot!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

In Poser format, all items with multiple bones are Figures, so all conforming clothing (clothing that fits to the main figure and moves as it moves) will be under Figures.

Is the bodysuit replacing V4 instead of fitting to her?

edited December 1969

one more help please, sorry about my stupid question too:
    i installed
    "Victoria 4 Bodysuit"
    and
    "Diving Suits for V4 Bodysuit", this gadget needs "Victoria 4 Bodysuit" in order to work properly,
    both gadgets are installed and work fine.
    About "Victoria 4 Bodysuit" the "ReadMe" file say:
    You can find new icons for loading this product in the following Poser libraries:
    Figures: "DAZ's Victoria 4 Clothing"
    Pose: "DAZ's Victoria 4:MATs V4BodySuit"
    About "Diving Suits for V4 Bodysuit", the "ReadMe" file say:
    You can find new icons for loading this product in the following Poser Libraries:
    Pose: "V4DivingBodysuitMATs"
    How can i dress "Victroria 4" with "Victoria 4 Bodysuit" , and then apply "Diving Suits for V4 Bodysuit"? for "Victoria 4 Bodysuit" i have files in "figure" and "pose" if in poser i open Victoria 4 and i want dress her with
    "Victoria 4 Bodysuit" i try to open file "Victoria 4 Bodysuit" in "figure" and it replace "Victoria 4" with "Victoria 4 Bodysuit" cause obviously both are figures, can you explain to me how it works please, i was expecting "Victoria bodysiut" in clothes not in figure!!!!
    hope i can make you understand with my poor written english,
    thank a lot!

Youi can either double click on the item in the library or drag the item into the pose window to load figures.
    To add clothing to them, just drag the clothing from the Figures library in DAZ Victoria 4 Clothing onto the figure in the Pose window. It will conform automatically. Then go the the Pose library and drag the new textures from Diving Suit onto the bodysuit

If you use the single checkmark in the library to load a figure, it will replace the current figure. If you use the doublecheckmark, it will Add the figure There is a nice Quickstart Guide iin Poser: Select from the Window Menu - Quick Start.. This is a set of video and text tutorials which wll make you familiar how things work, where things are and how it all fits together

You need to know a few things such as conforming, parenting and other terms to make it easier for us to help you. This Quick start guide will tell you all about it

edited September 2012

ok thank a lot,
    i understood how it works and why these (clothes) files are placed in "Figure" folder,one more question,
    i open V4 then "Victoria 4 Bodysuit" and comform it to V4 as you told and everything is fine.
    then i apply "Diving Suits for V4 Bodysuit" i go in "pose", "diving bodysuit Mat" here i have 16 different files, the suit different colors, i open one of them, if i drag and click the mat is properly loaded and conformed. On the contary if a lunch one of the mat file using the double checkmark, i try to conform it, i open the conform command, in the list i have just "Victoria 4 Bodysuit", conform it, nothing is displayed "Victoria 4 Bodysuit" remains with its default grey color, it dont change in the color choosen.
    Just mention that cause i want understand

I also have "diving gears" file, as the name suggest are tools for diving, all are in "figures" folder.
    Lunch V4, apply "Victoria 4 Bodysuit" , apply "Diving Suits for V4 Bodysuit" then let say i want apply the "scuba knife", i open "Figurse/diving gears" lunch and conform "scuba knife" . When i conform it manually in the list i have "V4" and "Victoria 4 Bodysuit", i must conform it to which one of the 2?
    Again just ask cause i want understand how it works properly
    Thank a lot and sorry again!!!!!!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The diving gear probably needs to be conformed to V4. For the mat poses, make sure the bodysuit is selected before you apply the mat.

edited December 1969

Thank a lot Mike and everybody,
    now the few files that i need are installed, work properly and i understood de base,
    i'm going to study in depth the manual, thank a lot again for your precious help!