ISO: Sci Fi outfits for M5/Genesis

jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Can anyone think of some really good sci fi outfits that will fit M5? Not so much the full-on armour like say, the Cowboy Gumdrops in teh store...but I'm trying to come up with something like Cyberpunk M4 or Hardcore M4 or even Captain Runner, Captain Rebel. I've been wracking my brain, and my search-fu, trying to find something like that for Genesis. I know there are a few sci fi outfits for Genesis in the store, but they are very female orientated.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,858
    edited December 1969

The new Jersey Dress, despite its name, would make quite a good unisex tunic. Pair it with Smay's leather jacket perhaps, and any of several sets of jeans or pants and you might have a good foundation.

• thd777thd777 Posts: 932
    edited September 2012

Why use the ones you mentioned if you already have them? I have used all of those (Cyberpunk M4 or Hardcore M4 or even Captain Runner, Captain Rebel) via the Transfer Utility and/or Autofit quite successfully. Below is M5 wearing M4's Hardcore outfit (and couple of other shapes to illustrate how well it works. Obviously the boots do not cut it for the elebeast) All parts were fitted via Autofit. While certainly not perfect, I think it looks pretty good. It is often better to simply scale and parent things like the belt and the boots are a bit rumpled at the bottom. However those you could just replace with genesis boots if necessary.
    Anyway just a suggestion that might save you time and money.
    Ciao
    TD

Edit to add: One example of M4 Cyberpunk on M5. Tip: use the "Glove" setting for the Cyberarm, otherwise the hand will get messed up.

Hardcore_5.jpg
    600 x 988 - 137K
    Hardcore_2.jpg
    600 x 988 - 153K
    Hardcore_1.jpg
    600 x 988 - 94K
    Hardcore_4.jpg
    600 x 988 - 107K
    Post edited by thd777 on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

thd777 said:
    Why use the ones you mentioned if you already have them? I have used all of those (Cyberpunk M4 or Hardcore M4 or even Captain Runner, Captain Rebel) via the Transfer Utility and/or Autofit quite successfully. Below is M5 wearing M4's Hardcore outfit (and couple of other shapes to illustrate how well it works. Obviously the boots do not cut it for the elebeast) All parts were fitted via Autofit. While certainly not perfect, I think it looks pretty good. It is often better to simply scale and parent things like the belt and the boots are a bit rumpled at the bottom. However those you could just replace with genesis boots if necessary.
    Anyway just a suggestion that might save you time and money.
    Ciao
    TD

Edit to add: One example of M4 Cyberpunk on M5. Tip: use the "Glove" setting for the Cyberarm, otherwise the hand will get messed up.

I ended up doing that last night. :D I had the shirt and the chestplate from Cyberpunk on him and they worked well - the pants worked well too, but when i went searchign through my runtime for a pair of genesis boots, I realized I have a real lack of boots without HEELS (all the cool outfits with boots all have high heels on them sigh). With the pants, they are long and I couldn't seem to get other types of boots fitting well. And I can NEVER get boots looking good iwth the autofit, they always rumple badly.

I ended up using Smay's Stalker Girl pants and boots on him (i love those products so much).

How did you get the Hardcore boots looking so good? I tried autofitting Hardcore, and the pants, shirt and jacket worked well...but the boots.....eeek. And when I went through my boot collection, I couldn't find any that would fit as the pants are just above the knee.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

The new Jersey Dress, despite its name, would make quite a good unisex tunic. Pair it with Smay's leather jacket perhaps, and any of several sets of jeans or pants and you might have a good foundation.

I thought that when I saw the Jersey dress hit the store, it would work well as scifi. But I was wanting something a bit shorter as a shirt. I was trying to go with something that sort of looked like what we would wear now, but have that sci fi feel to it. Like Hardcore and cyberpunk etc.

• RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 899
    edited September 2012

As others have mentioned it is quite easy to reuse older sci-fi with Genesis. For example, one of the male characters in this scene is wearing Cyberpunk pants, knee pads and belt for m4 with CIS armor vest for m3 and a trench coat SickleYield released. The other male is wearing Spacedweller for M4 with some textures by Wayii.

The second picture gives a little better view of the male who is wearing clothing from 3 different generations of Daz figures.

Hawk_and_Narcisca_go_to_rescue_Amelia.jpg
    713 x 908 - 381K
    Prelude_Briefing.jpg
    1610 x 908 - 945K
    Post edited by Riggswolfe on
  • SupercopeSupercope Posts: 128
    edited December 1969

I've had some success converting some M4 and D3 items to Genesis. I've also posted a procedure I cobbled together from other people's posts that I've used to convert M4 boots to Genesis without ANY crinkling!

This links to an image of two Genesis characters wearing David's Andromeda-6 StarBrigade Elite (which autofitted perfectly with no noticeable issues) and Cyberpunk M4 boots (converted using the procedure below)
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/83922/

This one links to an image of a Genesis character wearing the L75 War Boro top autofitted (again no noticeable problems)
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/83924/

Here's the thread where I posted the steps I used to convert the boots.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6629/

Note that the boots and shoes from Capatin Runner and Captain Rebel both convert using a slightly simpler version of the steps above. I don't have the steps outlined yet and I don't have any renders of the conversions yet either.

Hope you find this helpful.