Is Anyone Using RDNA's "OXYGEN: For Poser and DS" With DS4.5P?

MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
edited September 2012 in The Commons

"OXYGEN: For Poser and DS" (http://www.runtimedna.com/OXYGEN-For-Poser-and-DS.html)

This is basically a set of high-quality SSS skin presets for V4 for both Poser and DAZ Studio.

Is anyone using this with DS4.5P? It's on sale for $14.98 'til the middle of September, and I'm really tempted to go for it, but I'd like to hear from someone who's used it and what they think of it. Funds are tight and the PA sales are going on, so I need to spend what money I can spare wisely. Thanks...

Post edited by Morpheon on

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited December 1969

Judging from the product its presets are designed for poser SSS and the material room + IDL. If you use it here in Daz basically you just going to have the texture, which on its own is nothing special. Yes it has great detail, but without the right shader that it was designed for it wont look anything like what you see in the promo's.

• Dream9StudiosDream9Studios Posts: 125
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Judging from the product its presets are designed for poser SSS and the material room + IDL. If you use it here in Daz basically you just going to have the texture, which on its own is nothing special. Yes it has great detail, but without the right shader that it was designed for it wont look anything like what you see in the promo's.

No, no! This includes special presets made just for DS that are far more than just loading the texture! Initially, it was Poser only but it was updated recently. They spent a lot of time on the DS shaders.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969

Its been updated to use in DS.
    I'd also be very interested to see how it looks.

edited December 1969

As it says on the product page:
    "Complex DAZ STUDIO SHADERS:
    Uber Shaders for all components
    HSS Shaders for All components
    DS Basic Shaders for All components
    Created by Vince Bagna"

The last promo on the bottom of the product page is a DS render.
    http://www.runtimedna.com/OXYGEN-For-Poser-and-DS.html

edited December 1969

Zev0 said:

No, no! This includes special presets made just for DS that are far more than just loading the texture! Initially, it was Poser only but it was updated recently. They spent a lot of time on the DS shaders.

My bad. Last time I checked it was poser only. Now I also want to see what it looks like in Daz.

edited December 1969

Yes I saw the 1DS promo image I would love to see more especially a few close ups in different lighting, hopefully someone who has it will post some images.

edited September 2012

This is the only Daz render. Found it on the product page. Wonder what would happen if you ran it through interjection. Hmmm..

dsmain.jpg
    816 x 926 - 190K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited September 2012

I'm really tempted to get this. One can never have too many quality shaders and textures.

Post edited by Morpheon on
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    My bad. Last time I checked it was poser only. Now I also want to see what it looks like in Daz.

No worries! It happens. :)

I have the character myself and I have downloaded the latest DS 4.5 which I'm guessing is Pro? I don't know, the free one. I haven't tried using DS since version 3 but I'll try installing it and see what I can come up with. My DS renders will probably suck but I'll do my best. I'm bored waiting for my promo renders in Poser to finish anyway...

edited December 1969

Did you know that it's possible to render with both Poser Pro 2012 and DS Pro 4.5 at the same exact time? I just found that out and did it several times. Not much lag either!

Anyway, keep in mind I have no idea what I'm doing since I just installed this program and started playing around in it less than half an hour ago. One image is with the HSS shaders and the other is with the Uber shaders. I used a light set from my Poser library. The figure is Genesis because I couldn't find V4 in that thing!

Regardless, I think Oxygen looks pretty good. I like the realistic shimmer on the skin. I wish I knew how to add some specular lights to enhance the eyes but these renders will have to do until someone more experienced with DS comes along.

Maybe I can give Syyd another headsup to maybe come pay a visit to this thread... worked last time!

oxygen-uber.jpg
    658 x 761 - 31K
    oxygen-hss.jpg
    658 x 761 - 31K
  • SyydSyyd Posts: 6
    edited December 1969

Actually its a pretty detailed base texture, and I worked very hard at it, to bring it to fruition. Each time I create a texture I try to bring something else to the table, something different, something better :-) The DAZ surface stuff by Vince is always highly regarded, he's an exceptional talent in a number of softwares :-) There are a couple of his renders in the secondary promo images, a red head, a girl with black hair, and that classically beautiful render I am using.

• VinceBagnaVinceBagna Posts: 75
    edited December 1969

Here are some close up shots of Oxygen under different lighting conditions.
    It's the exact same pose for all shots, and the same 2 lights.

As far as Genesis is concerned, i know the mats work on Genesis if you choose the V4 UV thing, but i'm not sure about the morph. Isn't there a utility in the store that permits to transfer the morph to Genesis?

Oxygen_Reg.jpg
    2000 x 888 - 209K
    Oxygen_HSS.jpg
    2000 x 888 - 183K
    Oxygen_Uber.jpg
    2000 x 888 - 191K
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much.

That is very impressive.

Yes there is a product called GenX that transfers Gen4 morphs to Genesis it works very well but as yet does not work in DS4.5.
    Sorry to be a pain but is there a no make up option i couldn't tell from looking at the promos, the skin looks as if it might do very well on younger males.
    Thanks again.

edited December 1969

That's what infusion is for I think. Its make up for this set.

http://www.runtimedna.com/Oxygen-Infuse-for-Poser-and-DS.html

• VinceBagnaVinceBagna Posts: 75
    edited December 1969

The pics i posted are from the base Oxygen set, no make up.
    And as Zev0 said above, there is the Oxygen Infuse set with a lot of make up option (but you still need the base pack), and the Oxygen Infuse 2D to 3D set that contains the 2D files to apply to the base texture to make your own make up variations.

About DS4.5, what about the Uber and HSS shaders ? Do the shaders made with an older DS4 version still work ? I ask because i still not have the 4.5.

edited December 1969

OK thanks, to be honest the pics you posted look as if theres some eye makeup, it may be the lights.
    I think the shaders should work in DS4.5 as they use the Uber shader and the HSS. I've not upgraded and won't be until the sort out some of the problems, to many for my liking.

edited December 1969

Hi,

The photographic model chosen for the base texture, has a very natural darkening around her eyes. She had amazing skin tones, and while creating the head texture, I chose to keep that as it was so very natural. There is no make up on the head. The Infuse package is where the make up selections are. Infuse will give you either 10 presets of the full make up styles : lips, eyes, cheeks, and on the darker make up selections, a deeper brow color. The Infuse 2D to 3D package is a multi layered .psd, consisting of folders that contain those same elements in every color I created, and the layer where you put the head texture in. Then you can open the folders, and choose whatever you like best, create your own head texture, and load it into the figure. The bundle contains both of the above packages, so you can have 10 already preset styles, and then make your own.

Thanks Vince for your help, much appreciated.

Syyd

edited December 1969

Thanks ever so for the reply and explanation. I really love the texture details of this set and it is something I will definitely be getting.
    I appreciate the time both you and Vince have taken to answer my questions, thankyou.

edited December 1969

Thanks for asking, never a problem. I dont want to outstay my welcome by hogging a daz forum with DNA product questions, and am mindful of that. Thank you all for your interest, and DAZ for allowing the discussion to continue. If you need anything else, be sure and let me know. Im going on vacation for 7 days and will be away from the computer (first time since 2006 yay!!!!!!!!!!), so I wont be around, but Vince can help you, or Traveler at DNA :-)

Yours,
    Syyd

• peteVaultpeteVault Posts: 308
    edited December 1969

Oxygen....Interjection (medium)......Lantios 2.

Oxygen_DS_Lantios_Interjection.jpg
    700 x 700 - 160K
    edited December 1969

Out of the box and 2 mins postwork.

This is a very awesome texture and the DS settings aretop notch.
    I hope you would consider doing a male sometime.

edited December 1969

Darn forums won't let me post an image again.

edited December 1969

Trying again

1.jpg
    707 x 1000 - 219K
    edited December 1969

This render is with Reality 2.5

reality2.png
    700 x 700 - 645K
    edited December 1969

These are fantastic renders! Thank you so much for sharing them with us. I have about 3 half finished M4 textures, I guess its time to take one to the end! thank you all for your interest and questions, its very much appreciated :-)

Syyd

edited December 1969

Hey Sydd...nice to see you. This new Oxygen series is so great. Here is a Poser rendering of your Oxygen character.

Oxygen_in_Poser.png
    720 x 480 - 297K
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited September 2012

MINE !!
    Thanks for the info on this product.
    I just bought this a sec ago. But i notice this works for older programs as well as here are their specs.

Poser Version: 5 and up
    Daz Studio: DS3+
    Zip Files: 1 12 MB Zip, 1 27 MB zip, 1 48MB Zip, 1MB DS Zip
    Date Added: Aug 23, 2012
    SKU: OSR-014

really great find thanks guys.

Post edited by Ivy on
  • ZaarinZaarin Posts: 359
    edited December 1969

It seems your questions about DS were answered, but let me tell you these textures are GORGEOUS--just in case you're hesitating. ;)

And yes, Syyd, we need some M4 love from you. :P

edited December 1969

these picture were rendered in Daz 3a using Reality in night mode.
    these are just beautiful texture.

Daz3a_test2.jpg
    990 x 1070 - 104K
    Daz3a_-_test_1.jpg
    620 x 1144 - 44K
    edited December 1969

these graphics were rendered in poser 2012pro using IDL
    also this is Aylson body but i did use the face morph.

really nice textures thank you for letting us now about this sale :)

poser_test_2.jpg
    996 x 1052 - 102K
    poser_test_1.jpg
    518 x 1188 - 47K