Genesis Morphing Business Suit Now in store [Commercial]

Comments

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,810
    edited December 1969

Marieah said:
    My vote is for terrible as well, but one has to experiment if one doesn't want it to be boring. I love the three flannel shirts I'm including because they really take it in a different direction. I was thinking of having a fourth shirt but couldn't find anything different enough that worked. Eg, putting a knit on it and making it into a cardigan. That worked, was convincing, but was a bit boring and didn't work well with the other pieces that at least have a distinct style to them.

You know ... it might could work if you could widen the lapels a bit and then counterchange the jacket in solids, like in heraldry or a harlequin/jester top. (But not that sort of color, necessarily.) You'd need at least three different colors. Say the mesh top is still black, left lapel and right side of jacket are silver, and the right lapel and left side of the jacket are dark red or dark green or something like that. Tricky to manage -- you don't necessarily want it to read harlequin -- but that could work. Or maybe even go full patchwork on the jacket body, but solid on the lapels. You don't necessarily want too much pattern in the jacket body, because as long as the mesh is big enough to read as mesh, you'd have clashing patterns. As long as the mesh is a different color than any of the ones in the jacket, that could work.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Terrible? What's terrible? I'm corn-fused!

• MarieahMarieah Posts: 518
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Terrible? What's terrible? I'm corn-fused!

The mesh shirt I attempted and asked for your opinion of which is posted on the previous page of this thread.

But as I've decided it's terrible it doesn't really matter now. Do check out the hippie vest though...

edited December 1969

Just went back to look... I LOVE it... TRUST me.. there are gay characters that would were that sort of shirt to a dance bar.... I'd keep it! :-)

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Just went back to look... I LOVE it... TRUST me.. there are gay characters that would were that sort of shirt to a dance bar.... I'd keep it! :-)

Well, there's a surprise. I can easily keep it. It will be an extra and not instead of anything else. I'll put the collar back on the shirt I think, but the sleeves are invisible. with sleeves it was just too much. Yeah, it was the gay boys I had in mind....I'm planning on adding another hippie embroidered waistcoat since it goes so well with everything else in the set.

I'm really loving the way that Fedora goes from conservative to cool just by putting it with a different outfit and altering the angle. As you can see by cocky pic, the Fedora is capable of morphing into an Akubra.

edited December 1969

What does the shirt look like with the collar off? Does it still have the trim around the edges of the shirt where it buttons up and a trim where the collar would be? That might be a cool look if it looks good enough!

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    What does the shirt look like with the collar off? Does it still have the trim around the edges of the shirt where it buttons up and a trim where the collar would be? That might be a cool look if it looks good enough!

It just looks ragged I'm afraid.

This is how it looks with the collar...

Image_75.jpg
    271 x 405 - 44K
    edited December 1969

Hmm.... I'd leave the color and the button panels solid, and probably the shirt pocket solid so it's got some interesting and stylish function. The collar and button panel with that looks a bit odd to me.

edited December 1969

Unfortunately, the button strip doesn't have its own mat zone. I should have asked for this way back, but I didn't . Not does it have a pocket.

I changed the collar, then set the opacity to 60 per cent. Not sure. What do you think?

Second pic shows the new hippie vest I've just done using a Peruvian fabric.

chillllama.jpg
    700 x 910 - 397K
    chilllnet.jpg
    700 x 910 - 265K
    edited December 1969

Hmmm..... Oh well. Not so good then. Really would benefit from some solids to hold it better together. Too bad that the button panel wasn't zoned out would have been perfect.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Hmmm..... Oh well. Not so good then. Really would benefit from some solids to hold it better together. Too bad that the button panel wasn't zoned out would have been perfect.

Meh, just grab Polygon Selector and re-define the area for the project, since it seems that the panels aren't distorting badly so you can just pick a row. ;)

edited December 1969

I'll give the mesh one a miss then.

I really should have asked for the extra mat zone, and Shay would have done it straight away. But I didn't want to be a nuisance and I can see that that is never a good reason for not doing something.

It can't be changed now because all the other textures will no longer apply properly.

edited December 1969

No worries on my end hon. Maybe Shay could add in a shirt to one of the add on packs with the zones you need to create some more good funky looks?

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    No worries on my end hon. Maybe Shay could add in a shirt to one of the add on packs with the zones you need to create some more good funky looks?

I'm sure she would. I've uploaded it now. That's four products and I'm hoping I can find enough steam to do the luxury pack. But at least we have the four products for the bundle now.

Main.jpg
    700 x 910 - 293K
    Popup8.jpg
    700 x 910 - 257K
    chillhound.jpg
    700 x 910 - 357K
    edited December 1969

AWESOME renders. Very very versatile set for sure! Middle one... looks like he had some action! lmao

• KinnieMKinnieM Posts: 130
    edited December 1969

I am so looking forward to getting this when it comes out!
    Way to go ladies.....this is one of those truly wonderful products that can be used to get so many different looks.... and I am looking forward to using the many shaders (by Marieah of course) to create even more looks. :-)

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited September 2012

This just keeps getting better and better. The only problem, I'm starting to hear tortured screaming from inside my wallet; I think it's my credit card... ;-) Oh well, I can afford to go a few months without eating; you just keep creating great products like this.

Post edited by riftwitch on
    edited December 1969

Now I have the shirt remap I can use it in the next set. Expect to see the mesh shirt after all.

The next set will be called "Just Posh" and will include classy HSS surfaces under three colors - Grey, Navy and Burgundy that will mix and match together. It will be silks, satins and velvets. In line with the high-end feel of these, there will also be a "Posh Shirts" folder which will add, along with the mesh shirt, a series of shirts with pleated and frilled fronts that will be perfect with the bow tie.

Here's a proof of concept render in grey. I haven't even saved anything yet, so excuse if it's a bit rough.

poshgrey1.jpg
    700 x 910 - 260K
    edited December 1969

OMG! Totally cool! LOVE LOVE LOVE this render. Very snazzy!

edited December 1969

ssgbryan said:
    Question - are the buttons going to be on the correct side for male and female characters?

I ask this because in real life women have buttons on the opposite of men's clothing.

Unisex clothing really isn't.

This isn't unisex clothing. It's a man's suit.

The girls can borrow it because it's Genesis, and we like to show people that.

Richard, here's another version of the grey, this time using the textures I've actually saved and a render with more detail and less spec. Click to see heaps more detail.

Next experiment is to try to make the frilled and pleated shirts using displacement or normal maps. I'll post my results here.

poshgrey2.jpg
    700 x 910 - 224K
    edited December 1969

Beautiful. Love the coat textures. Question.. are these shaders or straight textures your doing this time hon?

edited September 2012

RAMWolff said:
    Beautiful. Love the coat textures. Question.. are these shaders or straight textures your doing this time hon?

The coat is a HSS version of my Thai silk, which is essentially a metallic shader with a linen displacement. It produces just the right kind of specularity.

All the suit textures are straight textures, although sometimes they use tiled textures purely because of the incredibly high resolutions that can be achieved. I tend to put in stitching or other details via normal or displacement maps (for procedural surfaces) so it can't always be done with shaders alone.

Having said that, some of what I'm including uses tiles from Silkessence, which is fantastic to use with this set.

Post edited by Marieah on
    edited December 1969

Displacement-based pleats and frills:

poshplets1.jpg
    700 x 910 - 137K
    poshfrills1.jpg
    700 x 910 - 183K
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Good news for those waiting for these goodies: The main set has passed QA! Now we're in testing with all the expansions.

I'm just amazed by the amount of sheer effort Marieah has put in on all of this. I never feel, working with her, that she has done less work than I have.

For myself, I am most excited for the Posh textures and shaders. I adore lux looks on my fellows. ;)

edited December 1969

SQUEEEEEEE. :) I so wanna get this set. Any estimation for the pricetag?

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Its beautiful work and I hope available soon.... at 50%? *smile*

DAZ PA sale? ... maybe?

No?

Rendo?

Oh... *pout*

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Oh no, it's going to be DAZ. We've talked about $24.95 with 50% off as the intro sale for the main set. The others will probably be somewhat less.

edited December 1969

*fistpumps* YES! YES! :)

edited December 1969

Congratulations. I'm very much looking forward to this release. I think the pricing is very fair! :-)