Tomboy Project (Conversions for V3/A3)

katfeetekatfeete Posts: 247
edited August 2012 in Freebies

So I have this running problem with clothes for girls. While most of what I can get is very beautiful, there's a trend towards, well, towards stuff I personally would not be wearing to the grocery store. Or the office. Or even a gun fight, although luckily I don't get invited to so many of those. :) Since my characters spend a lot more time in these sort of situations than something appropriate to the available outfits (um... nightclubbing in Vegas?), I started simply converting men's clothing to fit the women. And I figured a few other folks might find the fits useful.

Disclaimers: I'm not all that good at modelling. Many of the clothes have problems I don't know how to fix. If you do, please tell me. ;) Also given how abruptly my hair conversion project got abandoned I should note that I'm crazy busy and sometimes run out of steam without warning. Full time job, one-year-old, time-consuming hobby comic, et cetera, et cetera, I apologize in advance for when I disappear. :)

Credits: All these conversions were done with Crossdresser and the DAZ Figure Tools. Fix morphs were done using Lyrra's excellent TailorMe deformers; body morphs were added using either Morphing Clothes (for A3) or Lyrra's Magnet Fits (for V3). All of these things are awesome and highly recommended.

Finally, to protect the creators, all of the files are RTE encoded and you will need a decoder (as well as the original outfit) to use them. I recommend RTEncoderPy. To be clear on this: you will not be able to use these conversions unless you own the original model! The RTE encoder needs the original .obj files to decode, and the un-decoded files will be useless to you. See the ReadMe for full instructions on decoding.

A handy index of conversions so far:

Beowulf M3: for Victoria 3 and Aiko 3
Aio's M3 Vest (FREE!): for Victoria 3

Post edited by katfeete on

Comments

• katfeetekatfeete Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

Here's my first try: a conversion of Uzilite's Beowulf for M3 to Victoria 3. It went pretty well but there are a few issues, mostly in the knee and elbow area, that I couldn't quite fix. Other issues: the morphs don't auto-load when you conform the clothes -- you'll have to go in and set the sliders by hand. And the fix morphs I made for the shoulders on the shirt cause it to poke through when it's worn under the jacket. Set those morphs to 0 and you should be fine.

Get it from ShareCG. Enjoy!

BeoV3Promo.jpg
    600 x 600 - 97K
  • cimairacimaira Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

What a great idea, and very generous offer! Thank you! I feel the same way about the clothing available, just not suitable for most of my renders :)

• nitehawk_ltdnitehawk_ltd Posts: 387
    edited December 1969

Tell me about it! Over half of all the clothes featured at Rendo & RDNA in their weekly ads is slut wear.
    It's OK for pin-ups but not for everyday wear. Micro mini skirts are not suitable for work or school, yet that's all they seem to make.
    Now I know there are some really nice sets out there, if you look for them.
    But finding a nice knee length skirt that will sit down without problems is hard.
    It's really annoying to buy an outfit, pose it, then have it go bonkers on you.

Oops!! Sorry. /Rant mode off.

Anyways, thanks for the freebie.

• Standard DeviationStandard Deviation Posts: 12
    edited December 1969

Like your work, it looks great, thanks.

I'm a bloke, and I have to agree...

The clothes makers should wake up from their immature fantasy land (hand off the groin). The girls need real clothes for daily life, more than just fantasy "slut wear" that covers nothing, or battle wear that protects nothing.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Have to agree about the skimpy wear!

If you're interested in ordinary clothes for Genesis I have several items on ShareCG.

See my link under my sugnature.

Unfortunately I haven't done anything for V3 or V4 etc.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Thank you for supporting the "I've got some modesty but still want to look good" crowd!

I suppose I'd best consider how I'm going to list the A3 conversions on the A3 free resources list, before you actually publish one. (The conversions are free; it's the underlying outfits that one needs to pay for. And I'm already listing free refits for paid hairdos, so...)

• edited December 1969

Glad to know I'm not the only one! I've been converting clothes from male to female for at least three or four years now... Crossdresser is a blasted godsend! LOL. Most of what gets put out for the girls to wear I won't even look twice at, let alone actually buy. Armored underwear and night-club mini-skirts. Uh.. no thanks. Most of my gals are toting guns or swords, they like to be covered and protected just like the guys. :p

edited July 2012

Thanks for all the kind words! It's good to know I'm not the only one who finds the female fashion choices a bit limited....

Here's the Aiko 3 refit for Beowulf. It went a bit smoother than the V3 version but there are still some issues at the elbows. *sigh* Elbows are hard, apparently.

Oh, and I should have mentioned in the first post -- the textures in the promos aren't anything that comes with the set -- they are all from the "Type A" freebie texture release by Wayii. Aren't they beautiful? :cheese:

Get it from ShareCG. Enjoy!

BeowulfA3Promo2.jpg
    600 x 600 - 122K
  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

That looks great, thank you. Nice work

Where can I find Wayii's free textures, please?

• kjer_99kjer_99 Posts: 40
    edited December 1969

This is for Wilmap. A lot of Wayii's textures can be found at www.sharecg.com or in the freebie section at www.poseraddicts.com, where her store is also located.

Jeremy

edited December 1969

Okay, when I said I might disappear unexpectedly, I didn't mean so soon. :) My boss broke her foot and this turned what was already a hamster-wheel scramble to get everything done into absolute madness. But she's better now! And we hired new people! I'm getting a full weekend off soon, and my weekdays are being cut down to nine hours max, and everyone has agreed that we will not have me work 13 days in a row ever again, because the nervous breakdown is really distracting for everyone else in the workplace. And with luck I will have time for conversions again soon!

Just a small one to start though -- I converted Aio's free M3 Vest to V3. The A3 version is going nicely and should be up in a week or less.

Get it at ShareCG.

AioV3Promo.jpg
    600 x 600 - 142K
  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

katfeete said:
    Okay, when I said I might disappear unexpectedly, I didn't mean so soon. :) My boss broke her foot and this turned what was already a hamster-wheel scramble to get everything done into absolute madness. But she's better now! And we hired new people! I'm getting a full weekend off soon, and my weekdays are being cut down to nine hours max, and everyone has agreed that we will not have me work 13 days in a row ever again, because the nervous breakdown is really distracting for everyone else in the workplace. And with luck I will have time for conversions again soon!

We can wait - you take care of yourself. As much as we appreciate everything you're doing for us, they're not worth your health.
  • dirk_moroccodirk_morocco Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

Could you tell me what the backdrop is on your first image?

edited September 2012

robkelk said:

We can wait - you take care of yourself. As much as we appreciate everything you're doing for us, they're not worth your health.

Aw, thank you. It's not that bad really -- the nervous breakdown thing was more of a humorous exaggeration, I just did one of those things where I started crying over something silly and couldn't stop. A bit embarrassing when it happens at work, though. :) And when I can carve out the time to do things like conversions, I find it very relaxing, so honestly these are as much for me as you guys.... But I promise to be good.

Could you tell me what the backdrop is on your first image?

The one for Beowulf V3? That's 3-d-c's SciFi Apartment. He does a lot of great scifi sets -- I haven't gotten to play with this one as much as I want, but all his work is quality.

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,401
    edited December 1969

the link doesn't work.

• dirk_moroccodirk_morocco Posts: 9
    edited September 2012

I do believe I need to buy that.

Post edited by dirk_morocco on
    edited December 1969

Whoops, that'll teach me to post links without checking 'em. :red: Fixed in my previous post now, and thanks Kalypso!