Create Custom Action

Harlekin3DHarlekin3D Posts: 23
edited December 1969 in New Users

Where can I find the files that I've created with create custom action.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,192
    edited December 1969

Do you mean the source files that are now listed as custom actions? If you open the Customise dialogue (Edit menu up to DS4.5, Window>Workspace in 4.5) and find the action on the left, in the Custom Actions group, you can right-click on its entry, choose the Edit option and see the path in the dialogue.

• Harlekin3DHarlekin3D Posts: 23
    edited August 2012

If I have for example a prop. The click with the right mouse button. A window opens. Is to create custom action found in the bottom. This ticked. Then I find then the prop as a script in scripts in the Windows menu bar.

Where stores DAZ these scripts and how can I delete them.

Aufzeichnen2.PNG
    186 x 156 - 30K
    Aufzeichnen.PNG
    225 x 97 - 4K
    Post edited by Harlekin3D on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You have to go to Edit > Customize, and on the left-hand side you will see Action, under that is Custom. Expand Custom by clicking on the plus sign, select your custom action, right click for the Delete option.

edited August 2012

What do I do if I want to have it as a external script so that it works in DAZ and is displayed under the script.

edited December 1969

I don't think the script is stored anywhere that you can get to it, except by using Edit Custom Action from the Customize menu. The script is displayed there, and you can copy and paste it to where you want it. Is that what you mean?

edited December 1969

Custom actions are generally* links you add to the Scripts menu (from where it can be moved to another menu or toolbar), they aren't separate scripts themselves.

* If you create a new script in Edit>Customise you can paste code directly into it, for short commands that aren't worth creating a separate file for.

edited December 1969

Thanks again found under Windows tabs "Script IDE". So can the man text code in customs in functional scripts convert.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited December 1969

I'm having trouble following these instructions. My DS edit menu doesn't have a "customize" entry. I must be looking in the wrong place. Any hints? Also, how do you add something from a menu to a tool bar?

edit_menu.jpg
    334 x 388 - 82K
    edited September 2012

Go to the Windows menu not in the Edit menu. Then visit Worcspace you can get the Costumice tab.
    I was looking for too long until I had found it.

edited December 1969

The keyboard shortcut for Customize is F3. Mine is in my Edit Menu, but perhaps I put is there myself and don't remember? I am also using 4.5.0.114. I am using the Darkside Layout.

edited December 1969

The Customise command was moved in 4.5, but unless you reload your layout you won't see itt here as DS doesn't automatically replace the menus.

edited December 1969

Thanks Richard.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited December 1969

Thanks everyone, I found the customize menu item now with your help. (I see I didn't read Richard's first post carefully enough, where he explains the location difference between 4 and 4.5.)

I was able to delete custom actions that I had added for scripts I don't need anymore. Are there some instructions available for using the customize function? For example:

Can I put an icon for a custom action on a tool bar?
    Can I create a new tool bar for my custom actions?
    I figured out how to assign a shortcut to a custom action, will it warn me if I try to use a shortcut that is already use for something else?

edited December 1969

Yes, you can put an action on a toolbar - to add an icon, you need to right-click on the action in the left hand column and select Change Icon... from the menu.

Toolbars are the right-hand tab in the right-hand column - drag actions from the elft to the toolbar you want to use on the right. To add a new toolbar, right-click on an existing toolbar and select Add toolbar from the menu. The right-click menu on toolbars also gives the command to add a separator, to space your buttons out into groups should you wish.

edited December 1969

Now a have created new menu bar bungs and a new toolbar me. I can save it as a new layout. I see the new layout in DAZ. Where DAZ stores the folder under programs DAZ then out in the layout not can I find that.

edited December 1969

On Windows 7 and Vista the layouts are in C:\Users\You\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio 4\user layouts (I think -that's where mine are, but I may have created the folder when saving).

edited December 1969

Thank you for the help because they were to be found.

edited December 1969

I have a question about. Yes a sliding line is located in the groups created by DAZ. How do I get this it the new categories.

Aufzeichnen.PNG
    107 x 247 - 3K
    edited September 2012

What is it that you are trying to do?

There is one of these group areas at the top, bottom, left and right hand sides of the screen.
    I have just discovered that you can create another one, by moving a tab up to the edge until the edge turns yellow, and releasing the mouse button.

Is that what you mean?

Untitled-1.jpg
    754 x 864 - 85K
    Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
    edited December 1969

I have created a new Catégorie I see (A). But in this new Categorie is this group areas not (B). How do get there to.

Aufzeichnen.PNG
    704 x 715 - 108K
    edited December 1969

I don't think that you can 'Dock' these tabs that run along the top, I have no idea how to do it. If you can wait a little while, I'm sure someone else may have an idea for you.

edited December 1969

What are you wanting to achieve? As Jimmy says, the tabs at the top aren't dockable panes. If you want a new pane type then you would need the full SDK to write it in, unfortunately - if you want quick access to a set of custom actions your options are to add them to menus or toolbars.

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

Sorry for the threadromancy... I'm trying to set up my 4.6 the way I had 4.0 all happy. I almost have everything set up. I had custom actions on my toolbars for changing surfaces between DZ Defaut and Uber Surface. I was able to get my old DZ Default one working but for Uber surface the new shader preset is in .duf format and the custom action dialog will only let me add .dsa, .dsb, .dse, and .ds is there any way around this or am I stuck wasting my time navigating my content folders all the time?

edited December 1969

How are you creating custom actions?

I just tried this by right clicking on UberSurfaceBase,DUF , and selecting Create Custom Action, and it put it into the Scripts menu in DS4.6. It works with other DUF files as well (Poses for example).

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

I was doing it the old fashioned way by going through the edit->customize window then action-custom. I didn't know you could right click on things. Thanks! =)