Bryce users living in New York City

Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

What's up y'all? Are you a Bryce user? Do you live in NYC? Well, I do, and I would love to meet with you and talk Bryce. Let me know who you are, and we can hang out. I manage a restaurant over near Columbia University and would love to have dinner with few of my Bryce buddies.

Let me know.

Rashad

Comments

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

That's a shame Rashad... I live near to the original York city, which is a bit too far away from the New version.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

A shame indeed, since it would combine my three favourite things, eating, drinking and eating.

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

Its hard to believe that in a place like NYC I am the only active forum member who uses Bryce. Wow. It's just so shocking to me. What a shame indeed I would love to meet in person with Bryce users. especially if we had a good system handy for demonstrations and suggestions. Personifying it all really helps to keep one motivated. Ah well, guess I'm alone in NYC after all.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,119
    edited December 1969

That's strange, Rashad. It is said that there are so many brycers, obviously, they must huddle somewhere else. NYC has roughly the same population as the country I live, but I know of at least 3, including me.

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

Yeah, it really is weird. I have not cast that large of a net I guess, just here in this new forum which may or may not generate the same level of hits it used to. New York is a very busy place, with pretty much the world at your disposal 24 hours a day. Clearly, other people have social lives to tend to. which means they can afford to go out, which means they can afford friends. I cant afford friends. But with Bryce I can create entire universes and fill them with people I like...being a little strange I know...had a little too much vodka.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Hey, I live in an area where people say to me "what do you do to pass the time etc, if you don't have a TV, and I say I use a computer and use cool programs on it like Bryce They look at me like I am something from outer space. Seems those of them that do have computers use them for emails and games. Some say why have a pooter, when you can send emails on your phone and play games on things like playsation, or whatever.

And mention Forums and ......well you have to see the looks I get. :roll:

Thngs are looking up though. We have new neighbours, and he is going to pop round to see what I do, and maybe try it himself. He does have a decent computer he tells me, one he built himself, although that is still up at his parents place. When himself told him I was a moderator on a foum, he was well impressed, if somewhat surprised.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,119
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    When himself told him I was a moderator on a foum, he was well impressed, if somewhat surprised.

Good you hadn't told him you have that club, you'd have scared the hell out of him ;)

Most people are consumers. That has been always so. It's just the tools with which they consume has changed. If you don't pass your time with something mainstream, you'll be alone with what you do.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I don't think he is going to scare that easy, his father goes Deer shooting in Scotland for fun, don't fancy my club against a rifle.

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited December 1969

Its hard to believe that in a place like NYC I am the only active forum member who uses Bryce. Wow. It's just so shocking to me. What a shame indeed I would love to meet in person with Bryce users. especially if we had a good system handy for demonstrations and suggestions. Personifying it all really helps to keep one motivated. Ah well, guess I'm alone in NYC after all.

Don't be so shocked, you're making an error in judging things to draw conclusion. The error is that not all Bryce users come to Daz3D forums to see your thread offering up an opportunity to meet. The world is a big place and with about 7 billion people in it the number of Bryce users is incredibly small and being they're distributed worldwide it seems to me it would be a rare thing to find many Bryce users in the same geographical location. To give you a little encouragement for hope though, I'm in Maryland which while not NYC isn't terribly far away.

Another thing to keep in mind is the level people like you, Horo, David and some others are on is in some respects well above many Bryce users I suspect. By that I mean you are kind of like celebrities or respected leaders that some may feel too intimidated to meet up with casually. Then there is the level on which you guys can talk. Take a look at the kind of questions that typically get asked and then take a look at the discussion you, David and Horo have going on in the lighting thread and the point I'm making should become obvious.