Converting daz scenes into poser format?

LEI1LEI1 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Boy I miss the old forums, my question looks like it's been answered about a hundred times over but all of the links are dead! :head desk:

I'm a DS user (DS 4pro) and I'm trying to consolidate my Runtime so that everything I need is accessible from my Poser listing. There's one product >> Dance Studio where the full scene preload & each of the individual props have been saved as .daz scene files, which won't show up in the Poser listing.

The product does also have Poser MATs so there's already a folder for it in my Poser listing, but of course those settings look awful in Daz Studio and unlike with .dsa or .dsb files just dropping a .daz scene file into the same folder as its corresponding pp2 won't cause Studio to automatically chose the right one. In any case I'd love to know if there's a way for me to save that preload .daz file (for example) into another format that will show up in my Poser listing AND load the correct materials and settings.

Is there some kind of standard method or file format for saving .daz scenes for use in Poser? Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

LEI

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

You'll want to put the .daz file in the same folder as the .cr2 or .pp2 file for the same item/scene.
    You need 4 files, all with the same filename:
    whatever.daz
    whatever.cr2 (or whatever.pp2)
    whatever.png
    whatever.ds

whatever.ds contains the following, just copy it directly, no modification needed:

// Load a scene file instead of a Poser file 

if ( getArguments().length != 0 ) { 
        var sourceName = getArguments()[ 0 ]; 
        var periodPos = sourceName.findRev( "." ); 
        if ( periodPos != -1) { 
       sourceName = sourceName.left( periodPos ) + ".daz"; 
       App.getContentMgr().openNativeFile( sourceName , true ); 
        } 
    }

• LEI1LEI1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You'll want to put the .daz file in the same folder as the .cr2 or .pp2 file for the same item/scene.
    whatever.daz
    whatever.png
    whatever.ds

whatever.ds contains the following, just copy it directly, no modification needed:

// Load a scene file instead of a Poser file 

if ( getArguments().length != 0 ) { 
        var sourceName = getArguments()[ 0 ]; 
        var periodPos = sourceName.findRev( "." ); 
        if ( periodPos != -1) { 
       sourceName = sourceName.left( periodPos ) + ".daz"; 
       App.getContentMgr().openNativeFile( sourceName , true ); 
        } 
    }

Wow, wasn't expecting such a painless solution! Thanks so much for the help Fixmypcmike, it worked like a charm. :coolsmile:

edited May 2012

whatever.daz
    whatever.png
    whatever.ds

Just a quick question, I just noticed that whenever I load one of the DanceStudio presets (with the .ds script to open the corresponding scene file) my background colour changes … clearly not the end of the world LOL, as it only takes a click to fix … but is there anyway to stop that from happening?

Post edited by LEI1 on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

LEI1 said:

Just a quick question, I just noticed that whenever I load one of the DanceStudio presets (with the .ds script to open the corresponding scene file) my background colour changes … clearly not the end of the world LOL, as it only takes a click to fix … but is there anyway to stop that from happening?

Edit > Preferences > Scene, under "Background Colors" check "Ignore Settings When Opening a Scene File"

edited December 1969

LEI1 said:

Edit > Preferences > Scene, under "Background Colors" check "Ignore Settings When Opening a Scene File"

Got it, thanks again!