GET DAZ STUDIO 4.5! See why you should do it today!

Comments

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

DaremoK3 said:
    O.k., found a hiccup...

The bridge to Hexagon 2.5.1.79 is not working via DSPro 4.5 "to" Hexagon, but is working via Hexagon to DSPro 4.5 first.

Works for me, opens up Hex just fine.

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

i USED to rely on mr dreamboat's LDP2 (still in the store, being flogged at $25, even though it doesn't work in anything after DS3). perhaps that will be updated now? kidding, i'm sure it won't.

You may have no interest in doing this (and we certainly shouldn't have to), but after giving up on waiting for a DS4 update for LDP2, and also thinking that in these days of IBL, IDL and GI lighting having LDP2 using hundreds of conventional lights for the skylight and ambient light probably wasn't still the best way of doing things, I started up DS3 for the first time in a while and did the following:

Loaded an LDP2 set, then exported the skydome as an obj, reimported then saved out as a prop. Then, back with the LDP2, one at a time switched to every LDP2 sky (inlcluding the two expansions) and saved for each (i) a material preset off the skydome, and (ii) a light preset off just the sunlight, saving eavch pair of material and sunlight preset with matching names and thumbnails.

Took awhile, and rather tedious, but was a once-only job I don't need to do again.

Now, in DS4, I forget about the on-functioning LDP2 plugin, and use the LDP2 skies by loading the skydome prop I saved out above, and then applying the material preset and matching sunlight preset for the sky I want (parenting the light to the skydome in case I want to rotate it), and add an uberenvironment2 GI light that provides the sky and ambient light to the scene. Actually works better using UE2 for IDL/GI than all those sky and ambient lights in the original LDP2, IMO. And it means my LDP2 skies are now completely independent of plugin updates in DS4/4.5 adn the future. And it's actually very quick to use - quicker than explaining it.

Again, I think it is very shoddy that after over a year since the release of DS4, Dreamlight hasn't provided a DS4 update for LDP2, let alone a DS4.5 one, and we shouldn't have to spend most of an evening converting the LDP2 resources into one we can use. But this method, for the price of a one-off dull bit of work, does allow the continued use of the basic LDP2 resources (the actual skies with correctly positioned sunlight), and having labored through the process I actually prefer having just the dome and matched sunlight for use with IBL/IDL/GI lighting than the original LDP2, and will be carrying on working that way even if a DS4.5 LDP2 does come out.

• Pax AsteriaePax Asteriae Posts: 401
    edited December 1969

So... exploding Genesises (Genesese?) on reloading a .duf* file - what do I do about this? It happens whether it's an unmodified former .daz scene or if I loaded a new Genesis, applied a .duf character preset and then saved. And yep, I installed the Genesis Starter Essentials and loaded a new Genesis.duf, applied my preset.duf and saved, all of which netted me Exploded Genesis.

It's a wee bit hard to work on files when you can't reload them without your character looking like an extra from a Z-rated horror.

*Side note, where I live, if something's "duff" it's either not very good or broken...

• edited December 1969

I have a terrible problem with Morph Loader Pro http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6842/

Happens only to me?:(

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

LilShippo said:
    The interface is still very Bulky and Messy looking as it still takes up much of my viewing Scene Space, even the Content area feels bulky
    If by "bulky" you mean "taking up a lot of space", you could try using the Darkside style to shrink the size of some of the controls and fit more on your screen, that may help.

From the menu bar, select Window > Style > Select Style > Darkside.

when are you people going to learn to separate out program and data?

I believe some of the Genesis content already is separated out, into the separate installer 14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.3_trx.exe .
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited September 2012

DavidGB said:
    i USED to rely on mr dreamboat's LDP2 (still in the store, being flogged at $25, even though it doesn't work in anything after DS3). perhaps that will be updated now? kidding, i'm sure it won't.

You may have no interest in doing this (and we certainly shouldn't have to), but after giving up on waiting for a DS4 update for LDP2, and also thinking that in these days of IBL, IDL and GI lighting having LDP2 using hundreds of conventional lights for the skylight and ambient light probably wasn't still the best way of doing things, I started up DS3 for the first time in a while and did the following:

Loaded an LDP2 set, then exported the skydome as an obj, reimported then saved out as a prop. Then, back with the LDP2, one at a time switched to every LDP2 sky (inlcluding the two expansions) and saved for each (i) a material preset off the skydome, and (ii) a light preset off just the sunlight, saving eavch pair of material and sunlight preset with matching names and thumbnails.

Took awhile, and rather tedious, but was a once-only job I don't need to do again.

Now, in DS4, I forget about the on-functioning LDP2 plugin, and use the LDP2 skies by loading the skydome prop I saved out above, and then applying the material preset and matching sunlight preset for the sky I want (parenting the light to the skydome in case I want to rotate it), and add an uberenvironment2 GI light that provides the sky and ambient light to the scene. Actually works better using UE2 for IDL/GI than all those sky and ambient lights in the original LDP2, IMO. And it means my LDP2 skies are now completely independent of plugin updates in DS4/4.5 adn the future. And it's actually very quick to use - quicker than explaining it.

Again, I think it is very shoddy that after over a year since the release of DS4, Dreamlight hasn't provided a DS4 update for LDP2, let alone a DS4.5 one, and we shouldn't have to spend most of an evening converting the LDP2 resources into one we can use. But this method, for the price of a one-off dull bit of work, does allow the continued use of the basic LDP2 resources (the actual skies with correctly positioned sunlight), and having labored through the process I actually prefer having just the dome and matched sunlight for use with IBL/IDL/GI lighting than the original LDP2, and will be carrying on working that way even if a DS4.5 LDP2 does come out.
    ...I hear you on this.

I still like using LDP2 over the built in UberEnvrionment lights in 3A as I prefer the look it gives to many of my scenes. I keep getting all these emails from DreamLight about all this fantastic stuff they are offering, yet their flagship lighting system has been left to "rot on the vine" so to say. The beauty of LDP2 is that it is so simple and easy to use and, since it mimics rather than employs IDL, it is a lot more "render friendly" when it comes to dealing with transmaps. It also works better for rendering in multiple passes as you can render each light source separately. The fact that it rotates with the skydome has always been a nice feature.

If I want photo real rendering, I'll just fire up Reality/Lux, but when I want a more warmer "personalised" feel for my scenes, LDP is the light set of choice.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

...one question. The version of 4.5 Pro that is downloaded from the 4.5 promo page is 64 bit, correct?

Finally have a somewhat stable and reasonably fast connection (at a hotpot) so actually able to get a DL to complete in less than a day.

...yeah 675MB is big, really big.

• edited December 1969

kyoto, if you purchase the free 4.5 Pro you get both the 32 and 64 bit in your downloads.

edited September 2012

...thanks.

...already have the original free 4Pro 64 in the archive waiting for the 64 bit build to be finished, which will occur sooner than "Daz Soon"

...although it will take another couple weeks to get runtimes all set up as i am doing a full clean install and custom set up. I hope that 4.5 will be able to "find" them as it, along with other applications will be on the boot HD (C) and the runtimes on the auxiliary HD (D).

...amazingly only have about nine minutes left (instead of a day & a half) to go on the download.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

...I hear you on this.

I still like using LDP2 over the built in UberEnvrionment lights in 3A as I prefer the look it gives to many of my scenes. I keep getting all these emails from DreamLight about all this fantastic stuff they are offering, yet their flagship lighting system has been left to "rot on the vine" so to say. The beauty of LDP2 is that it is so simple and easy to use and, since it mimics rather than employs IDL, it is a lot more "render friendly" when it comes to dealing with transmaps. It also works better for rendering in multiple passes as you can render each light source separately. The fact that it rotates with the skydome has always been a nice feature.

If I want photo real rendering, I'll just fire up Reality/Lux, but when I want a more warmer "personalised" feel for my scenes, LDP is the light set of choice.

I am missing Movie Maker along with LDP2. If he can't be bothered to update plug-ins I won't be making any further purchases. I also don't like that the products are still in the store when you can no longer download DS3 and they don't work with DS4.5. I would be willing to pay some small upgrade fee if it was offered.

edited December 1969

...another one I like is MoodMaster. Again an older tool, but one that is still very useful for creating some very stunning effects. This is why I am going to install S3A 3.1.2.32 on the 64 bit system when it is finished as I just can't do without them.

Other plugins I use include the Poseworks ones (pwCatch,pwGhost, pwSurface), which alas, I think have been orphaned by their creator after they were updated for Studio3.

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    DavidGB said:

...I hear you on this.

Reality / Lux are your friends. AS a former LDP2 fan as you well know Kyoto I am now fully used to using the luxrender. At times it can give you faster results this one looked ready in 6 minutes but I let it run longer to refine...http://fav.me/d5d96ex

• edited December 1969

Bobvan said:
    Reality / Lux are your friends. AS a former LDP2 fan as you well know Kyoto I am now fully used to using the luxrender. At times it can give you faster results this one looked ready in 6 minutes but I let it run longer to refine...http://fav.me/d5d96ex

Luxrender isn't an option if you render animations.

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited December 1969

As far as I know it does animation

Untitled.png
    1200 x 199 - 33K
  • JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,698
    edited September 2012

That is just beyond asinine. I just "bought" Pro 4.5 again today and I had to reset my downloads in order to get the installer to be for 4.5 and not 4.0.3.

whatever.jpg
    1362 x 800 - 289K
    Post edited by JoeQuick on
  • MarkR151MarkR151 Posts: 58
    edited December 1969

So I won't have to browse over 41 pages of Q&A, can someone tell me if 4.5 and future versions will be able to open my DAZ Scene files?

That's how I've saved every scene my V4 is in. If 4.5 and beyond will not be backward compatible with everything I've done the past 9 months, then forget it. I won't be upgrading. I've worked waaaay too hard to have everything become unreadable in future DS releases.

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

MarkR151, not being backward compatible means you can't use the 4.5 files in 4.0. Your old files should be usable in the new version.

edited December 1969

Bobvan said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

...yes, but Lux renders are photographic and rather sterile. There are many times I like a more "painterly" look (as I used to work with oils) which I can achieve with LDP The other thing is, I don't have to spend a lot of time tweaking shaders to get them to come out right with LDP.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    That is just beyond asinine. I just "bought" Pro 4.5 again today and I had to reset my downloads in order to get the installer to be for 4.5 and not 4.0.3.

I got the 4.0.3.47 version AND the 4.5.0.114 when I bought it, complete with all the plugins. The idea is that people can archive the 4.0 version, or go back to it if 4.5 is not suitable. You have the 4.5 plugins listed, and I'm quite sure the 4.5 installers were on another page.

• edited December 1969

Bobvan said:
    As far as I know it does animation

But you need a "Render Farm" for it.

• Pennes From HeavenPennes From Heaven Posts: 174
    edited December 1969

I don't know if I would ask this here but I am having a problem with Daz 4.5 keeping morphs and characters when opening a scene that I had saved to work on later. It happens even when I apply the morphs again and save again. I work with an iMac and never had these problems before. Is there some trick to getting it to save the scenes with the morphs in tact when opened again? Another thing, even though I save a scene previously it still asks what to name when resaving it, making it rather inconvenient. Hoping someone can help me with these problems. Losing morphs is especially aggravating when working with dynamic clothing having to redrape all over again once you put your morphs back to the original ones.:-S

edited December 1969

.....hmm, the version of StudioPro I have archived is the 4.0 one. Maybe I'll install that first.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,436
    edited December 1969

dollmommy said:
    Another thing, even though I save a scene previously it still asks what to name when resaving it, making it rather inconvenient.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/17/P30/#81595

• MarciusMarcius Posts: 91
    edited December 1969

I'm with Daz since Daz Studio 2, and I love it. But I'm sad to said that I give up DS 4.5. Since I installed the "stable" version I can't make one single render without a crash in the middle of posing or rendring or even starting the program. Until we have a really stable program I really can´t work with it. I try to reinstall a lot of times, but always the same. Please Daz, give us a program that we really can work.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Yes DS 4.5 crashes every single time I attempt to render or spot render. I did not have this problem with DS4. Someone said the error messages I was receiving had something to do with DS4.5 running out of memory - well I've got more than the minimum specs so I don't see why it should be running out of memory. Maybe Daz should update the minimum specs. I have been able to render in reality but that takes forever and a day. I should not have to use an external plugin to render.

edited December 1969

In my case, I have 24GB of RAM memory, so hard to say is running out of memory. And the crashes happens not only in rendering, but sometimes during the posing or even when starting the program.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,655
    edited December 1969

Are those of you with crashes using the 32 or 64 bit versions?

edited December 1969

64 bit, windows 7 - Processor i7 - 24GB Ram - Video NVIDiA GForce GTX 580

• circletrack15circletrack15 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I too have crashes when rendering! Using Windows 7 64 8GB ram 9800 GTX card. It only runs thru without crash when I set it to 1080 X 720 or lower? I get an error window saying my memory is to low? But!! My complaint is bigger than that!

Does anyone know if there will be an update to allows us to use add on content from .daz files to the new .duf files for 4.5? If not,,,, Iam with MarkR151, in that I dont understand why we cant use our bought and paid for content as we have? If not, I will most likely leave Daz and I dont want to!!! I love the easy learning curve that comes with Daz, BUT! OMG!!! seriously?? If I cant at least use most of my downloads like clothes, textures, ect, ect, as well as characters Ive bought from vendors that all use .daz files, Iam done!!! I understand the really older stuff not going forward but most of what I have is V4 V5 and Genesis based and Ive spent alot of time, and Money! to only get this far? I see that Opti-Tex has upgrades for thier dynamic clothes and pray it works but another 50.00 to make it work with what I already have paid for is not setting with me very well!! As of now I cant use any of my clothes for V4,V5 and Genesis only a few because they are all .daz files.

So when I try they are not complete. Like theres holes in them or like the clothes are under the skin.
    Iam trying not to wine here guys, But its mind blowing that Daz is making me buy all new .duf file add ons and content (and theres not but a few!!) in order to enjoy a much better experience in a really good product! Ive looked 3 days and nights for this answer and cant find any.
    It seems if Daz was planning to update the V4 and V5 content it would have have stated by them somewhere at some time?? Very frustrated!! Customer support is a joke as well as Iam still waiting for a response to a simple question I had well over a month ago??
    Sorry just dont get it!!

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

I see that Opti-Tex has upgrades for thier dynamic clothes and pray it works but another 50.00 to make it work with what I already have paid for is not setting with me very well!!

Um..no. If your talking about the additional clothing control that has always been available. If you already own it then just reset downloads. And, if you do have it and did not reset for the correct version and use it then your dynamics don't work properly.

I'm not sure who told you that .daz files won't work in 4.5 because they should. Nor are you expected to re-buy any product you already have so who ever told you that needs a stern talking to for fibbing. All you have to do is reset and reinstall the updated products for genesis.