Genesis Evolution Head Morphs - V4 Morph ++

lannabullslannabulls Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

First of 3 days ago i submit a help tiket to daz3d web site but i still dont receive answers so i open this thread with the same help tiket subject.

my DAZStudio4 is last update version "4.5.0.114"
Studio is installed in "C/ Program Files", my library in "C:\Users\Emule\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library"
so everything as default state.
i purchased Genesis Evolution Head Morphs and V4 Morph ++
i try to install them but i got problem:

about Genesis Evolution Head Morphs i try to install and, before it ask me in wich library i want install i receive a warning message:

"Genesis Evolution Head is an add on for Genesis and they must be installed in the same location, please choose a different install location or install the required product first"
As install location i choose "C:\Users\Emule\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library" it is already selected cause is the default directory, so what i'm doing wrong or i miss something?

about V4 Morph ++ i install it no problem, at the end of installation i initialize it and i receive a herror mesage: it say that there where problem on finalize it"

Thanks a lot

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Did you install the Genesis Starter Essentials?
    Do you have V4.2 base installed?

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

If the answer is Yes to mike's second question then I am presuming the error message had something to do with not been able to Initialise due to an antivirus program?

Anyhow when you installed V4 there should have been a .bat file installed along with it called DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat this is most likely to be located "C:\Users\Emule\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Runtime\libraries\!DAZ\DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat" on your computer. You need to find this .bat file and click on it and let it do its thing. Or you may have a Desktop shortcut to do the same thing I did with my installation on Vista.

• lannabullslannabulls Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks a lot!
    My kasperky antivirus 2012 is always disabled when i install softwares, windows firewall, defender, etc are permanently off, first thing that i do when i install os.
    V4.2 base is correctly installed
    Genesis Starter Essentials, what it is?
    I install victoria 5 too and she is in fine, i check daz shop about "Genesis Starter" or "Genesis Starter Essentials", but i dont find it, i find "Genesis Starter Bundle"
    can you add please the link to "Genesis Starter Essentials" or tell me what it is? Thanks
    Your help is really apreciated!!!!!

One more question with Victoria 4 as example:
    V4 comes with 3 files:
    "Victoria4.exe"
    "Victoria4DS.exe"
    "Victoria4PwrLoader.exe"
    If in my pc is installed just Daz Studio i install
    "Victoria4DS.exe"
    "Victoria4PwrLoader.exe"
    i DONT need to install "Victoria4.exe", this is for Poser right?

Other way if in my pc is installed just Poser (i have one pc with Daz Studio, another with Poser)
    i install
    "Victoria4.exe"
    i dont install the other 2 ".exe" cause these are Daz related files,
    right?
    At the beginning is not so easy understand with all these different files and your quick help is really apreciated, i keeping repeat it cause it's what i feel!!!!

edited December 1969

Genesis Starter Essentials is one of the files that comes with DS 4.5 -- it has the default content, including Genesis itself.

V4 is an older figure which is in Poser format -- you DO need to install the VIctoria4.exe file.

edited December 1969

thanks a lot fixmypcmike
    i did not see
    Genesis Starter Essentials file in my downloads , i'm going to install it, thanks again!!!!!!
    About my last question sorry if i mind you:

V4 comes with 3 files:
    “Victoria4.exe”
    “Victoria4DS.exe”
    “Victoria4PwrLoader.exe”
    “Victoria4DS.exe”
    “Victoria4PwrLoader.exe”
    i DONT need to install “Victoria4.exe”, this is for Poser right?

Other way if in my pc is installed just Poser (i have one pc with Daz Studio, another with Poser)
    i install
    “Victoria4.exe”
    i dont install the other 2 “.exe” cause these are Daz related files,
    right?
    Thanks a lot!!!!!!!

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

thanks a lot fixmypcmike
    i did not see
    Genesis Starter Essentials file in my downloads , i'm going to install it, thanks again!!!!!!
    About my last question sorry if i mind you:

V4 comes with 3 files:
    “Victoria4.exe”
    “Victoria4DS.exe”
    “Victoria4PwrLoader.exe”
    “Victoria4DS.exe”
    “Victoria4PwrLoader.exe”
    i DONT need to install “Victoria4.exe”, this is for Poser right?

No. You DO need to install it.
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You need to install the Poser file as well, as Tramp Graphics has said. DAZ Studio has a runtime folder inside the My Library folder for Poser content, and it uses the Library folders (CR2, PZ2 and PP2 etc) to load the figure, the DS files are just textures which have been optimised for DAZ Studio. All of the older DAZ 3D figure content is in Poser format (except for Genesis), and if the Poser file is much bigger than the DS one, you need to install both.

edited August 2012

As you will find as time goes by Daz Studio can and does use a number of Poser formats. This is due to how Daz Studio started buying software that gave them the rights to use Poser formats.

This might help you understand what all the formats are http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/tech_articles/file_extensions/start

Post edited by Szark on
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    If the answer is Yes to mike's second question then I am presuming the error message had something to do with not been able to Initialise due to an antivirus program?

Anyhow when you installed V4 there should have been a .bat file installed along with it called DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat this is most likely to be located "C:\Users\Emule\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Runtime\libraries\!DAZ\DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat" on your computer. You need to find this .bat file and click on it and let it do its thing. Or you may have a Desktop shortcut to do the same thing I did with my installation on Vista.

About the enswer that you gave me before and i quote it:

I installed genesis essentials,( i miss this file on my dload page, so many files!!!!!! Thanks a lot Miky!!!!!!) Everything fine.
    Then i went to install "morphs++", kasperky antivirus is disabled as always do when i install software and i keep receiving the error message when i finalize it so:
    morphs ++ comes with 3 files,( 4 to be exact, i dont count "developerrkit", if i understood well is for programing....)
    "ps_pe070_V4Morphs.exe"
    "ps_pe070_V4MorphsDS.exe"
    "ps_pe070_V4MorphsPwrLoader.exe"
    i install "ps_pe070_V4Morphs.exe" and i get eror message when i finalize it.
    I went to my library as you suggested me and i find 2 bat files:
    "DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat"
    "DzCreateExPFiles-V4-V3.bat"
    i run "DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat" and i sow a dos page appears and quick disapeare,
    how can i check that everything is fine?
    I did this before installing the other 2 files
    "ps_pe070_V4MorphsDS.exe"
    "ps_pe070_V4MorphsPwrLoader.exe"
    i wait for your answer then i go install them too depending on your suggestions,
    thanks a lot!!!!!!!

edited December 1969

You got the DOS window after running the bat then all is fine.

edited December 1969

What error message did you get when initializing?

If the DOS window comes uop, tons of stuff scrolls by, and it closes, then everything is fine. If it stalls on one file and doesn't close, then there's a problem.

edited August 2012

The dos windows came up for a fraction of second, it dont stall on some file anyway no time to read any thing cause it close in a fractrion of second.
    The error message, install “ps_pe070_V4Morphs.exe”, i check the initialize command at the end of installation, it gives error sayng that:
    “DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat” is not recognized as an internal, external command, operable program or batch file",
    i did not install jet
    “ps_pe070_V4MorphsDS.exe”
    “ps_pe070_V4MorphsPwrLoader.exe”
    waiting your suggestion first,
    so what i do, install “ps_pe070_V4Morphs.exe”, run bat file manually as Szark suggested then i install the other 2 files morphDS and PLoader?
    thanks a lot!

Post edited by lannabulls on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,737
    edited December 1969

If you use PowerLoader you don't neeed to run the updater, though it won't hurt to do so.

edited August 2012

Just install all your V4 files at one go. Doesn't matter on the order. I get the same error message when trying to initialize and the way I suggested works. As Richard said it does no harm in running the Bat again. I have Desktop shotcuts for all the Bat files and once in a while I will run the bats again.

Post edited by Szark on
    edited December 1969

I install all 3 morph ++ files:
    “ps_pe070_V4Morphs.exe”
    “ps_pe070_V4MorphsDS.exe”
    “ps_pe070_V4MorphsPwrLoader.exe”
    i run
    “DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat”
    and also “DzCreateExPFiles-V4-V3.bat”, Szark you said that you run all your bat files once in a while so....
    When i lunch Daz Studio it did not show any windows, usually with the few new gadgets that i install i alway get a windows that show me what i just installed, with morphs++ no windows come up. So i read the "read me" file that come with morph ++, it says that i get files in:

Figures:
    "DAZ People"
    Pose:
    "DAZ's Victoria 4\General Poses"
    You can find new icons for loading this product in the following DAZ|Studio Libraries:
    Pose:
    "People\Victoria 4\Poses\V4 General"
    So over there i find general poses, if i run a scan for know directories, Daz find the exact same files mentioned above marking them as "new" however how i can i lunch the power loder that i just install?
    Sorry about my very beginner questions but you lived already the experience at your first time, it is not so easy with all these bunch of files!
    Thanks a lot

edited December 1969

Go to "Poser Formats > My Library > Figures > DAZ People" and double-click "Victoria 4.2.cr2". That will launch the Powerloader.

edited August 2012

GRAZIE
    fixmypcmike,
    so one power loder for Victroria 4, now i understood, morph ++ is installed and work fine but problems are not ended get.......

I also installed
    Genesis Evolution Body Morphs
    Genesis Evolution Head Morphs
    at the end of installation i lunch "red me" file in order to understand where i can find these but no "read me" file for both, these are daz files related no for poser, nothing is installed in runtime so no "read's me" files over there, at the end of installation i check "read me" file for both installations, it open a blank page, it redirect my browser to an address with nothoing on it. I open Daz Studio i serch for new files but no new file are underlined.
    I try to open help tiket to daz 3d but nobody answers.
    Thanks alot for your precious help.

edited December 1969

The morphs appear automatically on the Parameters tab when you load a new Genesis, there's nothing in the Content Library.

edited December 1969

When i lunch Daz Studio it did not show any windows, usually with the few new gadgets that i install i alway get a windows that show me what i just installed, with morphs++ no windows come up.

Ok crash course in Daz Studio content.

With Daz Studio 4 we get a new type of content management called "Smart Content". This smart content has a file called "Metadata" attached. This Metadata enables a link to all related files for that figure, prop etc for easy automatic location. Well that is how it suppose to work and on the whole it does if the Metadata has been made correctly.

When you Open DS4 after installing Smart Content you will get a window asking to OK the Metadata entry. Anyhow the old content which V4 is a part of does not yet use Smart Content features so these won't trigger a window when DS4 opens.

This type of content will show up in your Content Library Pane (Not Smart Content). The base Figure for V4 will probably be under Poser Formats > Studio 4 > Figures > Daz People. As mike said above double click on "Victoria 4.2 CR2" and the Powerloader should engage. (if you cannot see the file extension then go to Edit > Preferences > Content Library Or use F2 keyboard. At the top of the Content Library Preference window is a command to "Show File Extensions". See Image below

FileExtensions.jpg
    604 x 515 - 210K
    edited December 1969

GRAZIE

I also installed
    Genesis Evolution Body Morphs
    Genesis Evolution Head Morphs
    at the end of installation i lunch "red me" file in order to understand where i can find these but no "read me" file for both, these are daz files related no for poser, nothing is installed in runtime so no "read's me" files over there, at the end of installation i check "read me" file for both installations, it open a blank page, it redirect my browser to an address with nothoing on it. I open Daz Studio i serch for new files but no new file are underlined.
    I try to open help tiket to daz 3d but nobody answers.
    Thanks alot for your precious help.

Carrying on from what I said above this is Smart Content and is purely Daz Studio based formats so these will not show up in Runtime. Infact you will not find them in the Content Library Pane at all. As Mike said when you select Genesis the Head and Body morphs will show up in the Parameters Tab.
    edited December 1969

Thanks a lot Szack but i dont install any metadata files cause at the beginning i install only victoria 4 to learn the software and,
    if i understand well not every victoria 4 gadgets have metadata so i decide do not install any for V4.

Anyway thanks to you and Mike everything now works fine, no problem, "the troubles" that i got just because no experience, no trouble in reality!!!!!

One more question about poser and install victoria 4 there.
    My os is windows 7 64 bit
    My poser pro 2012 is installed in "C/ Program File (64 and 32 bit)",
    i create a main library in:
    E: "E/Poser Library/Poser Pro 2012Content/"
    then i create another library:
    "E/Poser Library/Poser Pro 2012 Content-V4/" for Victoria 4 only.
    I just create the main structure "E/Poser Library/Poser Pro 2012 Content-V4/" without putting folders inside as runtime/Libraries, Geometries, etc,
    i install Victoria 4 and the installer create runtime folder and some sub folder.
    What i want ask when i'm going to create a new library, as the first time i just make the structure as exp "E/Poser Library/Poser Pro 2012 Content-V4/"
    or i must add runtime folder and sub folders too:
    "E/Poser Library/Poser Pro 2012 Content-V4/Runtime/ and inside 4 subfolders: Geometries, Libraries,RedMe, Textures folders", inside Libraries subfolder 9 subfolders:
    Camera, Character, Face, Hair, Hand, Light, Material, Pose, Props

I ask that cause i notice that i install victoria 4 and i have just one folder in my runtime "Figure/Daz People", the read me file say:
    "You can find new icons for loading this product in the following Poser Libraries:
    Figures:
    "DAZ People"
    Pose:
    "DAZ's Victoria 4\Magnetize Clothing"
    "DAZ's Victoria 4\MATerials Sample-Res"
    "DAZ's Victoria 4\Morph Injections""
    My library "E/Poser Library/Poser Pro 2012 Content-V4/" completely miss a folder named Pose, no folder as libraries/pose.

So answewr please the first question:
    when i make a new library i must add also the structure, runtime/ and subfolders?
    then may it is better when install Victroria 4 in an external runtime as i read in forum, target Daz Studio and no Poser as i did when installation ask to target the main software then DO NOT initialize Victoria at the end of installation, initialize her running the 2 bat files (ExPFiles-V4.bat
    - DzCreateExPFiles-V4V3.bat) manually?

thanks a lot!

edited December 1969

No you don't need to create a full runtime and subfolder structure.

Why don't you just use your Daz Studio Runtime for Poser, I do.

edited December 1969

I tried to read some tutorials about this subject but informations are completely different! Some people say :"DO that", some other:" DO NOT" Not easy at all!!!!!
    From now on just listen and follow your and Mike suggestions, best way in my opinion!!!!!!!
    I dont understand why i install victoria 4, installation went well, she is in my poser library, works fine but i miss pose subfolder!!!!
    Anyway my daz studio library is installed in C, default installation, what you mean, i copy daz studio runtime folder to my poser
    “E/Poser Library/Poser Pro 2012 Content-V4/”?
    I uninstall victoria, etc, now my poser is brend new, just the default installation and contents, still in the same directories as told before, waiting for your answer,
    thank a lot!

edited August 2012

I don't know about Poswer 2012 but Poser 8 I can point Poser to any Runtime folder I set up. Perhaps posting in the Poser section asking the Poser people how to point Poser 2012 to an existing Runtime folder might be a good idea. You don't In my Opinion need to move or copy anything. I don't use Poser much but I have no issues with using my Daz Studio content folders in Poser 8.

As for the Poses isn't there a Pose icon that should show Poses that are in the Runtime > Library > Pose folder of your Runtime? That is how Poser 8 works.

Post edited by Szark on
    edited December 1969

I try to open a thread in poser section too.
    with poser pro 2012 i can point any external runtime as i want as it works for poser 8 i suppose,
    i dont understnad what you mean by you last sentence:

"As for the Poses isn’t there a Pose icon that should show Poses that are in the Runtime > Library > Pose folder of your Runtime? That is how Poser 8 works."

In my external runtime
    “E/Poser Library/Poser Pro 2012 Content-V4/”
    i just create this, the sub folders "runtime/etc" inside "/Poser Pro 2012 Content-V4/” folder where created by Victoria4 installation and it MISS completely a folder called "Pose", no folder named ""Pose" over there!

edited December 1969

I wasn't taking about Pose folder I am referring to how Poser looks for folders. Poser has an Content Icons for Figures, Lights. Props. Poses etc. and I was asking what does Poser show in the Poser section of the content library.

edited September 2012

Ok, i miss understood what you said before, sorry!!!
    I open a thread in poser section to anyway i keep updating here too
    In my poser pro 2012
    "E/Poser Library/Poser Pro 2012 Content-V4/" with default content then
    "E/Poser Library/Poser Pro 2012 Content-V4/" where i have just one installation, Victoria 4,
    I install Victoria 4 again making the tree, runtime with all subfolders, every sub folders now are there in my E disk, the "Libraries/Pose" subfolder that was missing before now is there, my sub folder "pose" has inside another subfolder named "victoria 4" inside other subfolder, etc, however i turn on poser, i link my new library, it shows up but i got just one subfolder "Daz People/Victoria 4.2", what about the "pose" sub folder? It must shows too? the read me file says that i must have files in Pose:
    "DAZ's Victoria 4\Magnetize Clothing"
    "DAZ's Victoria 4\MATerials Sample-Res"
    "DAZ's Victoria 4\Morph Injections"
    These files are there in my E disk but dont show up when i turn on poser in my library "Poser Pro 2012 Content-V4/" , overthere only one file "Daz People/Victoria 4.2",
    Thank

edited December 1969

As far as I know, even Poser Pro 2012 requires a folder called 'Runtime'. Inside Poser, you list the folder which 'holds' the runtime folder, and not the runtime folder itself.

My Pose folder for V4 looks like this : Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Runtime\libraries\Pose\DAZ's Victoria 4, and it contains a folders called General Poses, Magnetize Clothing etc etc., so the install seems to be correct.

What is the EXACT Path that you are giving to Poser Pro 2102 to find the Library folder?

What folders are inside

E/Poser Library/Poser Pro 2012 Content-V4/
    ? Is there a folder called Runtime?
    edited December 1969

I solve the matter, what the stupid that i'm!!!!!!!
    I was looking in a wrong place, i did not know that library is divided in categories, i mean that i was aspecting to find all contents in the first page, sorry again!!!!!!What the stupid that i'm!!!!!!!!!! Have a little patience with me, thank a lot !!!!!

One more problem, i install "morphs ++" for victoria 4, i need this file cause is the base for install others Victoria contents that i need and required morphs ++ to work properly .
    The installation went fine however "morphs ++" add one more file in ""Daz People" subfolder, here now i have 2 files "Victoria 4.2" installed by the prrevious installation Victoria Base and "V 4.2 to V3" installed by "Morphs ++". If i open "V 4.2 to V3" poser open internet explorer browser asking "V4toV3BODYGrps.pz2" file, i went looking for this file in "E/Poser Library/Poser Pro 2012 Content-V4/" but i can not find it, what i'm dooing wrong? I need V3 installed?
    Can you explain to me please?
    Thanks a lot and sorry again!!!!!!!

edited December 1969

I have no idea why Poser cannot find that file. It is in My Library\Runtime\libraries\!DAZ\V4toV3 on my PC.

The V4.2toV3.cr2, loads a character with V3's Body, and V4's Head, so that the Victoria 3 clothing can be used on a model that looks like V4. It is a way of using V3 clothing on V4 in other words.