Undo Preset left part of skin on Genesis

barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133
edited August 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

Is there a known bug in 4.5 related to certain operations not removing a material map from Genesis surfaces?

This is what I did and the result:
1) load Genesis.duf => got generic androgynous silver Genesis, as expected
2) loaded Basic Female.duf and chose to apply to existing figure => Genesis changed to female with Lana skin NG, as expected
3) Selected Undo Preset from the edit menu => shape changed back to androgynous, but ONLY THE FEET changed to silver

I repeated the same scenario with male and child. The same thing happens when I Undo Preset. The morphs are undone, but only the surface settings for SkinFoot are reset. There is no error added to the log after I select the undo.

For the screenshot below, I added clothing, to avoid any forum nudity issues. The clothing was not on the figures when I did the undo sequence.

Things get even less consistent when I I tried to apply the basic Genesis.duf to the figure in order to get back to the silver color. It worked fine for the formerly female and formerly male, but the former child kept the skin and got darker with a messed up UV. The former child's diffuse in the surfaces was changed to 204 204 204, but the maps were not removed, so now the figure still has the child skin, but it is much darker due to the 204 rather than 255.

EIDT: The forum reversed the order of the pictures below. The second picture is the state after Undo. The first picture is the state after reapplying the basic Genesis.duf.

Post edited by barbult on

Comments

• niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Hi barbult...

Well I can confirm your findings on my end after duplicating your steps...

And while it doesn't fix the problem with using Edit>Undo Preset, what I normally do is just dial back the morph and then go to Materials and apply the Neutral Grey preset to return to the base Genesis coloring and UV's. No reloading the base Genesis to the figure required.

I went ahead and tested this to make sure that the default UV's were restored.

Hope this helps... :)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133
    edited December 1969

Thanks for confirming that my problem is repeatable by others. My goal wasn't really to return the Genesis to neutral gray when I started. I was trying to use the trick of Apply/Undo to add new morphs to a Genesis in an old saved scene. In 4.0, this trick worked fine:

1) Select the Genesis in the old saved scene
    2) Load a new Genesis and select to apply it to the existing one, rather than add on to the scene
    3) Undo
    In 4.0, this correctly restored the Genesis to the state it was in in step 1, but with the new morphs dials available. It was a nifty trick.

Do you know, is there a new way to accomplish this in 4.5 that doesn't hit this Undo bug?

edited December 1969

Hi Barbult...

Doh.... :shut: Silly me... I missed the obvious there... lol... %-P

Actually in 4.5 you shouldn't need to do any of that anymore. Just load your saved .duf scene that has a Genesis figure that doesn't have newly installed morphs, and 4.5 will automatically read any newly installed morphs and show them in the Shaping and/or Parameters panes for the Genesis figure from your saved scene.

Hope this Helps... :)

edited December 1969

Oh, wow! I see. All I have to do is open an old DAZ scene, save it as DUF, and reopen the DUF Then all the morphs are available. How did you discover that? I think there are lots of new features I have no clue about.

edited December 1969

Hi...

I actually noticed it after I installed the S5 Pro Bundle. I opened a saved .duf scene and all of the new S5 morphs were there and working on the Genesis figure from that scene. It even works as I create new morphs through MLPro.

It's nice that they snuck that little fix in... :) made me suuuper happy... :lol:

edited December 1969

niccipb said:

It's nice that they snuck that little fix in... :) made me suuuper happy... :lol:

Yes, especially since they broke the old trick!
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    niccipb said:

Yes, especially since they broke the old trick!

LOL... true

There is a down side though, if you had saved a .duf scene with a stripped down Genesis, like I did for development purposes, well it's no longer stripped down.

Oh well... such is life I guess :)